This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Upset

taz sharratt

taz sharratt Enthusiast

ive come to the conclusion that no matter what i eat im going to be ill or have some kind or reaction ot it, it it wasnt for the fact ide be so tired i would give up and just not eat anymore, it would make things a lot simpler and then i would have truly earned the snide comments i get about being too thin from fanily and so called friends. i HATE this thing and im really ANGRY today and ANNOYED with everything and everyone, does anyone else get days like this? I want a baguette, a proper pasta salad, mcdonalds and a pizza from the hut but most of all i just want a cuppa made with real milk. I know im ranting a lot but its one of those days and its been like this for a couple pf days now and im still upset, sorry but i think you guys are the only ones who could possibly undersatand what its like. i need calming down and cheering up but i need to vent this or im gonna go mad. sorry!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

wolfie Enthusiast

((((HUGS))))))) It can be very frustrating at times. Hang in there!

Guest nini

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I know how frustrating that can be...

the first year or two of my dx, my (ex) boss used to send me to Krispy Kreme to pick up donuts to deliver to businesses that he was trying to suck up to... Krispy Kremes are my one source of major dissappointment... I used to LOVE Krispy Kreme donuts... comfort food from my childhood sort of thing and I haven't found a suitable gluten-free substitute... (probably a good thing) but my boss would send me to get these things and they'd be in my car and I'd have to smell them in all their hot glazed yumminess and I would get so upset. I told him how unfair it was to make me do something like that.

gfp Enthusiast
ive come to the conclusion that no matter what i eat im going to be ill or have some kind or reaction ot it, it it wasnt for the fact ide be so tired i would give up and just not eat anymore, it would make things a lot simpler and then i would have truly earned the snide comments i get about being too thin from fanily and so called friends. i HATE this thing and im really ANGRY today and ANNOYED with everything and everyone, does anyone else get days like this? I want a baguette, a proper pasta salad, mcdonalds and a pizza from the hut but most of all i just want a cuppa made with real milk. I know im ranting a lot but its one of those days and its been like this for a couple pf days now and im still upset, sorry but i think you guys are the only ones who could possibly undersatand what its like. i need calming down and cheering up but i need to vent this or im gonna go mad. sorry!

Taz, these are often symptoms of a glutening.

I bolded what a glutening does to me!

If you combine the effects of brain fog and withdrawal then its possible you got some CC or hidden gluten....

The most effective remedy is of course {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

taz sharratt Enthusiast
Taz, these are often symptoms of a glutening.

I bolded what a glutening does to me!

If you combine the effects of brain fog and withdrawal then its possible you got some CC or hidden gluten....

The most effective remedy is of course {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

i fell like ive got torretts ( spelling ? ) or something im a hatefull woman at the mo, my language is really crappy at the moment and the worse i feel the worse my language gets and i cant help it. the funny thing about what you said it may be ive been glutend is that the last 4 days ive been C, im still managing to go but its difficult and its getting worse, i think its playing on my mind that if C gets any worse im gonna end yp back in hospital again, on pethadine and exams and ? after ? and being looked at as if im attention seeking or drug seeking.

Ursa Major Collaborator

Taz, I understand how you feel, I get days like that. In fact, right now I've got to where I have only eaten once a day these past days, because I just can't get myself to cook, I get to feel so frustrated.

It sure can be hard when everyone around you is eating all the stuff you want! It's in the fridge, in the cupboard, left out on the table and it's so tempting! And there have been times I felt so frustrated I gave in and ate some, only to then feel sick for weeks.

Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon.

gfp Enthusiast
i fell like ive got torretts ( spelling ? ) or something im a hatefull woman at the mo, my language is really crappy at the moment and the worse i feel the worse my language gets and i cant help it. the funny thing about what you said it may be ive been glutend is that the last 4 days ive been C, im still managing to go but its difficult and its getting worse, i think its playing on my mind that if C gets any worse im gonna end yp back in hospital again, on pethadine and exams and ? after ? and being looked at as if im attention seeking or drug seeking.

My ex was a qualified aroma therapist .. apprently they have one trick they use on disbeleivers because its so effective and immediate... pepper oil is apparently surefire way to rid your C....

If it doesn't work then you can just get a nice relaxing massage which you sound like you deserve anyway.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

L.A. Contributor

I too deal with the "too skinny"comments...and no matter what mood I'm in, they really pi$$ me off. When Nisla invents the gluten-free Krispy Kremes, we'll have a party. Keep smiling :)

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I've dealt with the to skinny comments my whole life so I know how upsetting that can be. Everyone is dieting and wants to be thin, but G-d forbid you're naturally thin and maybe a little less than what you should typically weigh and everyone feels the need to point it out as if you don't know. I always swore the next person that came up to me and said, "Oh my G-d you're so thin." I was gonna shoot back with do I walk up to you and say, "oh my G-d you're so fat." But ofcourse I would never actually do that.

It definately sounds like you're having a rough time right now. I find the times I get glutened from cross contamination is when I feel like you do right now. Let's face it, sometimes this disease sucks. It sucks to have to be so careful of everything you put in your mouth, it sucks that sometimes no matter how careful you think you are you still get sick, and it sucks that you can't have a slice of pizza or McDonald's walking down the street like everyone else. But on the flip side, it's incredible that we can all make ourselves healthier and feel better by just changing the things we eat. We can control our happiness and quality of life by what we eat. It's hard when we get glutened, but soon that will be out of your system and you'll feel better.

Maybe stick to just stuff you prepare for yourself for a bit. Get your body back on track. We're all here for you to scream and yell and vent whenever you need it.

taz sharratt Enthusiast
I've dealt with the to skinny comments my whole life so I know how upsetting that can be. Everyone is dieting and wants to be thin, but G-d forbid you're naturally thin and maybe a little less than what you should typically weigh and everyone feels the need to point it out as if you don't know. I always swore the next person that came up to me and said, "Oh my G-d you're so thin." I was gonna shoot back with do I walk up to you and say, "oh my G-d you're so fat." But ofcourse I would never actually do that.

It definately sounds like you're having a rough time right now. I find the times I get glutened from cross contamination is when I feel like you do right now. Let's face it, sometimes this disease sucks. It sucks to have to be so careful of everything you put in your mouth, it sucks that sometimes no matter how careful you think you are you still get sick, and it sucks that you can't have a slice of pizza or McDonald's walking down the street like everyone else. But on the flip side, it's incredible that we can all make ourselves healthier and feel better by just changing the things we eat. We can control our happiness and quality of life by what we eat. It's hard when we get glutened, but soon that will be out of your system and you'll feel better.

Maybe stick to just stuff you prepare for yourself for a bit. Get your body back on track. We're all here for you to scream and yell and vent whenever you need it.

thanx a lot for letting me vent, im still not great but a lot better, not swearing my head off but still feeling crappy, the C is still there so G is obviouslt getting in somewhere.

Mandy F. Apprentice

Vent away! I fully believe that it helps to scream it to the world even if they don't care... lucky for you, we do care. Hope you start feeling better!

Archived