Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hez

Blood Tests Back

As some of you may remember I am one of the few people on the board that has tried and continues to eat oats from the gluten free oat company. I am not trying to encourage people to eat oats nor start a huge debate. I did say that I would let you know about my appt with the gi doc and test results.

My appt went great. I really do not have any health issues but reminded her that I started eating oats. I still sometimes struggle with the emotional side of the disease so we discussed that. The doc called today and my numbers are normal :) Plus my iron test looked great! I really thought I had been doing good just based on how I have been feeling compared to a year ago. I truly feel like I have my health and life back!

Hez

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That is good news! Apparently, you are one of the celiacs who can tolerate non-contaminated oats. That is nice, it gives you so many more options.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hez--I'm happy that your news was good! :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I have to admit that I feel a bit relieved. Some validation for being on my strict gluten-free diet. I always worry about cc in my house with the kids and hubby. Looks like all of the precautions are paying off!

Hez

i'm so glad to know----we have the oats, too, but haven't eaten any in a while. i think i am going to blend some into flour for a change of pace with our baking.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene