• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

VydorScope

Update On Our Son

Rate this topic

So glad to hear he's doing so well. I did know he had ear/hearing problems, so very glad that has been resolved. And keep those wonderful avatar pictures up to date. He's so precious!

Debbie

WOW vincent!!! I've even talked to you on the phone and I didn't realize about Timmy's hearing!!!!! What a wondeful praise!!!!!! I'm so glad he's doing so well. You never know what trials we my face, but isn't it wonderful to look back and see how God's carried you through it all? thanks for sharing all of this!

Hugs!

Tanya

Thanks all, I did mention his hearing way back when he was getting ready to go under for the surgery but not since then, hence why I was asked for the update I am sure! :)

:o I had NO idea what all you've been through!!

Guess since i've been on for a year, just thought he had sever food allergies. Where have i been to have missed all the back ground. He is so blessed to have such 'terrific' parents who won't give up...bless your little family and prayers for more answers..

hugs

Judy in PHilly

Wow! I think I remember your first post. Isn't it amazing how much this group has bonded? I remember the day Tymber was having his ears done and having my kids pray for him. Thank s for the update I will tell my kids the good news.

L.

Wow! I think I remember your first post. Isn't it amazing how much this group has bonded? I remember the day Tymber was having his ears done and having my kids pray for him. Thank s for the update I will tell my kids the good news.

L.

:blink: Gosh I hope it was a good post if you still remember it!! :blink:

Wow I just looked it was on May 13 2005, 07:24 AM! Tim was 21 mos old, not 18!!! Dang it my memory stinks!!! :angry:

Anyways you did drop in to that thread, and nini, and others... 3 pages long.

I'm so glad that Timothy is doing so much better! I used baby signs with all of my kids. My son was a very late talker and he used them the most!

Yea its a great tool, we actaully useing real ASL, or well as close to it as he can manage. His dexterity is not up there yet. Learning a second language, not matter which one, is sposed to be great for develpoment, so we plan to keep it up. Though latly we been a bit lazy :lol:

Well we had the "IEP" meeting today where they went over the results. If you remember back in Jan/December he was doing poorly and seeming to not improve at all. They retested him in march, and based on those tests he was still significantly delayed, but much improved. Well the newest test results are in, and he is no longer classified as disabled! He scores were border line, which is a huge improvement, and he continues to gain ground at a very fast rate. They said that we should watch him and call them again for retesting if he seems to level out, but as long as he continues to gain at the rate he is going we should have no further issues with speech and language with him. In the other areas, for example fine motor control, he was at or above age level.

The only note of interest they did talk about was his activity level was very high for his age level, they did make sure to point out several times that as his age there is no reason to worry about it, but it is something that will have to be watch as he ages.

So when he turns three he will "graduate" out of the special ed program and not return. Kristi and I plan to ask his speech therapist if we can make some out side arrangement to keep her on a bit longer to help get him that last little bit, but if we can not do that we are not concerned. He is speaking is full sentences now, for example "Can I have that?", its still touch and go with that, but slowly becoming normal.

So thats all we know for now!

That's great news Vincent. You and Kristi have obviously worked hard with him, it's great that it's paying off now. He must be so excited to be able to communicate more also. And with his energy level up I assume that means his diet has had a definite impact on that. :P

Vincent - I did not know about Timothy's hearing problems. That is such awesome news about how well he's doing now! Prayer is a powerful thing....and having great parents doesn't hurt either! Good for you and your wife and the little guy of course!

Thanks all!

And with his energy level up I assume that means his diet has had a definite impact on that. :P

No one can argue the impact of the diet. It literly saved his life, even the GI doc said all his numbers show it. While he does not have perfect tradtional dx for celiac disease, theres no question his health has had a remarkable turn around.

The last year with him (he was DX'd celiac disease when he was 21 months old not 18, ops :unsure: ) has been nothing but improvement apon improvement.

That's awesome, Vincent! Make sure you don't let him forget his signs! Spanish was my first language (well, along with English, but my spanish was better) and I forgot it by the time I was 5 because nobody was around to talk to me in Spanish anymore :blink:

Although, since he's already had exposure to a second language at such a young age, it will probably be easier for him to learn other languages, signed or spoken :)