This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Places In New Jersey

Lexis

Lexis Explorer

I live in Bergen county new jersey, are there any places good for gluten free (restaurants, bakeries, health food stores, etc). Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

I don't know about restaurants since I've been avoiding eating out for the time being.... I went to Outback a month after I went gluten-free, and they are one of a number of chains that offer gluten-free menus

as for food stores, wegmans and whole foods both have a number of stores in new jersey (I think they both have store locators on their websites) and offer a lot of gluten-free choices..

cmzirkelbach Newbie

There is a store called Happy Carrot, 636 Kinderkamack Rd River Edge, NJ with a huge gluten free selection.

It may be a little bit of a drive, but the selection is very good. I know Whole Foods in many states have good gluten-free selections, but a lot of the stores in NJ are small, and just don't have the shelf space for a good selection.

And, if you are near a Wegman's, they are a good choice. The Wegman's have celiac in the family so they make an effort to have good gluten-free products.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Foods By George which specializes in gluten free baked goods is in Mahwah.

Open Original Shared Link

I don't know Jersey that well but there is an Outback, Legal Seafoods and Chili's all in the Palisades Mall in Nyack. Outback and Legal Seafoods both have gluten-free menus and Chili's will let you know what is safe. Depending on where in Bergen County you are the Palisades Mall isn't to far. I used to meet my friend who lives in Paramus there.

mrsnj91 Explorer

Bergen Co. is in north Jersey?? I am in Salem Co. in south Jersey. We go to Whole Foods and some mom and pop health food places nearby. Pathmark also offers a few items. I do most of my shopping at Whole Foods though or online. Resturants are not a biggie right now as my little one is only 16 months and just pack things right now. Bakeries in this area are nill! There is Mr. Ritz in Philly just over the bridge. They are supposed to be opening one near me too but I think I will have grey hair before that happens!! LOL! You can order by phone from Mr. Ritz. They just will not ship decorated cakes but most everything else you can order. They will, however, ship cake blanks if you know someone who can decorate. Look online for Mr. Ritz bakery or I can locate the link if you like.

Archived