This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pulsing

Lister

Lister Rising Star

my left side keeps making wierd pulse like feelings, its coming from deep inside me. it feels like osmething keeps kicking my side, wtf is going on.... it has been doing it for like 4 hours non stop

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Maybe just a muscle spasm. Are you in any pain? You have been doing alot of excerscising lately.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I get those sometimes, it should go away eventually.

Lister Rising Star

not lately, like 3 days ago yeah but i was sore and i got pover it. these are littleral spasims and they seem to be getting stronger, if you hold my stomic when one happens u can feel my stomic moving alot

jerseyangel Proficient

It sounds like a muscle spasm to me, too. Have you tried a warm bath?

Mayflowers Contributor

Lister, have you ever tried meditation? Like maybe TM? It might help you to control your symptoms. You'll feel in more control.

Lisa Mentor

No pregnant, are you? :ph34r:

Try some Pepto Biz, and maybe that may sooth your tummy.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Daxin Explorer

Lister,

Sometimes a lack of POtassium in your diet can cause "twitches" It feels as though the muscles are moving, and they are but very lightly, and it's not painful. Try eating something with potassium in it...a banana for example. See if that helps....other than that they should go away on their own.

Lister Rising Star

i had a banna around noon did not seem to help. lol yah if i was a girl i would definalty be asking myself that question, but im a guy so unless im the first male with a tubular pregnacy i dont think so.. it has gone away for now, but keeps coming back each time i eat anything :(

lorka150 Collaborator

i see 'gas' moving in my stomach constantly. i eat a lot of vegetables. it's amusing. could it be gas?

tarnalberry Community Regular

there's a major blood supply in the area, and you may be feeling your pulse in this area. try comparing the 'pulsing' you feel there to the timing of taking your pulse at your wrist or neck. (it wouldn't pulse at the exact same moment, but should be at the same frequency.) and, yes, being able to feel your pulse in your abdomen can come and go, particularly as you fill your stomach and it empties.

Lister Rising Star

i know what your talking about tarnelberry, i sometimes will sit and watch my stomic pulse to my heart, i guess i used the wrong word for my stomic thing im talking about, i guess a kick or pinch would be the more right word, it feels like something is moving really fast in 1 spot off and on for hours. it does not hurt but its very uncomfurtable, i would think it was gas if it eventually came out, but i have not passed gas for probably 7 days, and i am only having bms like 1nc or 2c a day and they are very small

tarnalberry Community Regular
i know what your talking about tarnelberry, i sometimes will sit and watch my stomic pulse to my heart, i guess i used the wrong word for my stomic thing im talking about, i guess a kick or pinch would be the more right word, it feels like something is moving really fast in 1 spot off and on for hours. it does not hurt but its very uncomfurtable, i would think it was gas if it eventually came out, but i have not passed gas for probably 7 days, and i am only having bms like 1nc or 2c a day and they are very small

you can get gas moving through the intestines that you don't ever notice passing, or can feel things moving through in ways that can get uncomfortable. i usually find it happens if I've had too much fiber, or generally something else that my body doesn't like in quantity. (this time, it was too much banana bread. ;-) ) always check what you've been eating and see what might bother you and what you might want to change up for a bit.

Archived