This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anybody Got A Good Fajita Marinade Recipe?

penguin

penguin Community Regular

I hate Texas. I'm actually making fajitas :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a good marinade for skirt steak for fajitas? I'm thinking some lime juice, garlic salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder....

I'm a bit of a snob and don't like using pre-blended seasoning packets.

Any ideas? :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hez Enthusiast

I really like this recipe. I have left out the orange and added more limes. This is a great place to start and add your own personal touches!

Hez

1 orange, juiced

2 limes, juiced

3 tbsp oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 jalapeno, seeded and minced

1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp salt

penguin Community Regular

OK - Here's what I ended up doing:

I rubbed the meat (skirt steak) on both sides with garlic salt, lemon pepper, chili powder, and ground cumin. Then I put that in a pyrex dish and mixed about 1/4 c. lime juice, 1/4 c. water, ~1 tsp lea & perrins, a few drops of tabasco, and some olive oil, and put that over the meat and covered and refridgerated.

I grilled it about 5 mins on each side and then sliced against the grain.

I took the leftover marinade and boiled it for a few minutes to get any beef bugs out in a skillet. Then I added onion and green pepper, and cooked those down. I then added the meat and turned the heat off and covered it a few minutes. Pretty tasty if I do say so myself :P

angel-jd1 Community Regular
I hate Texas. I'm actually making fajitas :rolleyes:

Does anyone have a good marinade for skirt steak for fajitas? I'm thinking some lime juice, garlic salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder....

I'm a bit of a snob and don't like using pre-blended seasoning packets.

Any ideas? :)

I don't think I have ever used a recipe when making fajitas lol

I usually throw things into a big gallon ziploc bag and marinate for several hours.

Lime Juice

little bit of oil

pepper

chili powder

garlic powder

minced garlic

cumin

worchestershire sauce

red pepper flakes

soy sauce

Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head. I sometimes even do a seperate bag for the veggies and marinate those too.

Tonight I attemped to make a chipotle bol........it wasn't chipotle but the meat sure did turn out good.

Here is the recipe that I used for that

Chipotle Grill Marinade

Marinade for steak or chicken cubed into small pieces.

2 tbsp chili powder

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp ground cumin

1 tbsp oregano (Mexican oregano if available)

3 tsp chopped garlic

1/4 red onion chopped

1/4 cup vegetable oil

2 chopped jalapenos (seeds and membrane removed first)

1 tbsp lime juice

dash of smoked Tabasco sauce

salt and cayenne to taste

Makes marinade amount for about 4 large chicken breasts.

MSG URL: Open Original Shared Link

I left out the jalapenos and tobasco sauce. I added some gluten-free Pantry fajita seasoning. I made chicken not the beef.

-Jessica

Agatha Newbie

My recipe is foolproof and easy. I saturate the meat with reduced sodium Tamari soy sauce then sprinkle it lilberally with garlic powder. This skips a lot of the salt. You marinade it for at least 10 minutes. Overnight might be a bit too strong. After grilling the meat, I let it stand for at least 5 minutes before slicing it thinly at an angle or across the grain.

I use this recipe for both chicken and beef. I live in Michigan and can't get skirt beef so I use flank steak or, in a pinch, sometimes london broil.

Archived