This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Lubriderm-gluten-free?

oceangirl

oceangirl Collaborator

Geez, I'm on a roll today trying to find culprits to this hideous feeling! Is Lubriderm gluten-free? I thought it was but now am unsure. Maybe we're just all supposed to buy nothing and use nothing and eat only things we swat or find on trees! I'm losing it!!!!! And I feel the planet is losing it as well! Since I think we're kind of a big detriment to the earth as a whole, maybe this is the beginning of humans going down the evolutionary tube!

Thanks, anyone out there.

lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Can't vouch 100%, but I use it every day. Not the one with oats.

oceangirl Collaborator
Can't vouch 100%, but I use it every day. Not the one with oats.

Thank you, Lisa.

lisa

lorka150 Collaborator

I used it for awhile (the one without oats) and was feeling ill. i called them and they said that they do not know all of their sources so they do not guarantee anything gluten-free. this might not apply to you (this was about in december?), but i wanted to let you know.

oceangirl Collaborator
I used it for awhile (the one without oats) and was feeling ill. i called them and they said that they do not know all of their sources so they do not guarantee anything gluten-free. this might not apply to you (this was about in december?), but i wanted to let you know.

Thank you, Lorka.

It's hard to trust anything you don't make yourself, eh? Gggrrrr...

lisa

lorka150 Collaborator

you're welcome. i use vaseline and burt's bees hand salve instead without a problem. hope that helps.

oceangirl Collaborator
you're welcome. i use vaseline and burt's bees hand salve instead without a problem. hope that helps.

Lorka

Thank you. I was using the Lubriderm as a sunscreen but I think I read on here that Banana Boat is gluten-free so maybe I'll try that. I like Burt's Bees, so I'll get some hand cream.

Thank you!

lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 3 years later...
clarkje20 Newbie
Geez, I'm on a roll today trying to find culprits to this hideous feeling! Is Lubriderm gluten-free? I thought it was but now am unsure. Maybe we're just all supposed to buy nothing and use nothing and eat only things we swat or find on trees! I'm losing it!!!!! And I feel the planet is losing it as well! Since I think we're kind of a big detriment to the earth as a whole, maybe this is the beginning of humans going down the evolutionary tube!

Thanks, anyone out there.

lisa

I totally agree!!!! I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!! I thought lubriderm was gluten free as well, but since they cant guarantee there freakin product then I guess its not.... And no I dont think we are supposed to buy anything!!!! In fact I think we are supposed to live in a bubble!!!!! Im not happy with what is happening to my body.. I cant get enough nutrients to stay healthy.... My hair is falling out , I have bumps on my arms...uuuugggggghhhh sos please help me here!!

Lisa Mentor

This tread is over three years old. Here is some current information based on the 2009-10 Cecelia's Market Place Gluten Free Grocery Shopping Guide (found in the Gluten Free Mall)

Lubriderm -

Daily Moisture Lotion (Advanced Therapy, Fragrance Free, Regular, Sensitive Skin, w/SPF 15, w/Sea Kelp Extract, w/Shea & Cocoa Butters)

....all gluten free

***just because a company cannot confirm their products gluten free status, does not mean it is not gluten free. Many times its a business CYA statement. Check the ingredients and find a second source.

Frances03 Enthusiast

I dont know where that last quote came from but I just called lubriderm myself this WEEK and was told they cannot guarantee their product is gluten free. I posted this on another part of the board too under something like calls I've made this week. I had called specifically about the sensitive skin lotion, but I believe they said ANY of their products could have cross contamination.

Lisa Mentor
I dont know where that last quote came from but I just called lubriderm myself this WEEK and was told they cannot guarantee their product is gluten free. I posted this on another part of the board too under something like calls I've made this week. I had called specifically about the sensitive skin lotion, but I believe they said ANY of their products could have cross contamination.

Do LUBRIDERM

greenmatter Newbie

I read it is somewhere but cant find it now. I use w/o problems!

• 8 years later...
Itchy in VT Newbie

I am celiac and very careful about my diet. I have used Lubriderm for years without any problems, but recently I have developed a rash that looks exactly like dermatitis herpetiformis. Before I realized that there was such a rash, I thought it was just very, very dry skin. So I was using more and more Lubriderm AND guess what -- the rash got worse, really, really worse! I do not know what is in this lotion, but I do not recommend it, to say the least.

LilyR Rising Star

I can relate to the frustration.  Some days I get like that.  I try hard to be careful, yet still have problems.  I have seen on the Kiss My Face website that all their products are gluten-free.  I just ordered a Kiss My face grapefruit bergamot hand lotion from amazon and couldn;t wait to get it. My hands have been so dry that they are sore and sting when I get them wet.  The lotion came yesterday and I started happily rubbing it in, and then realized it did not smell like citrus at all.  In fact, it smelled awful.  I couldn't stand it and had to keep washing my hands trying to get the smell out.  I found what might be an expiration date, and if so, it expired in 2016.  It might be rancid and that might be the gross smell.  Now I am seeing if they will refund my money or not.  I felt so frustrated because my hands are so dry and sore.  The two stores in town that used to sell Kiss My face are no longer in business.  I will have to check out a new store in town to see if they sell it (but I have  been feeling so awful I never feel up to going out, I only go for things I must go out to do),  or order directly from Kiss My face.  I do like Kiss My face products a lot. I just wish they had more scents. I'd love to find a gluten-free rose lotion.  If I can't, maybe I can find an unscented one and add rose essential oil.  Rose is suppose to be good for hormonal issues (even in men too, go figure).  Or so I have read and heard.  I also would love to find a gluten-free lotion that helps skin firming and elasticity. 

• 1 year later...
Belladija Newbie

I use cocoanut oil. And I use Shea butter. I bought online. Comes pure straight from Africa.  I checked out Bath and Body shop. It’s all gluten free  I don’t use Lubriderm but my hubby asked me to put it on his back  nothing happened to my hands  but gluten would pass through the pores into your body  and I wouldn’t know it