• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Jennhaz

Bfs And Celiac?

Rate this topic

I dont know if anyone remembers me but back in June I did not know if I had celiac disease or not but have been on a gluten free diet. I was getting twiches, vibrations and tremors all over my body.. Some people on here thought I may have neuropathy but I dont. I have BFS Benign Fasciculation Syndrome and I was wondering if celiac could cause this? My Dr. doesnt think so but always wonder. I have to have a celiac test done but have been on gluten free diet for like 5 months...I never had any big problems except for bowel problems once in a blue moon but hives I would get when I would eat wheat. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has BFS with celiac?

Guest katzmeow21
I dont know if anyone remembers me but back in June I did not know if I had celiac disease or not but have been on a gluten free diet. I was getting twiches, vibrations and tremors all over my body.. Some people on here thought I may have neuropathy but I dont. I have BFS Benign Fasciculation Syndrome and I was wondering if celiac could cause this? My Dr. doesnt think so but always wonder. I have to have a celiac test done but have been on gluten free diet for like 5 months...I never had any big problems except for bowel problems once in a blue moon but hives I would get when I would eat wheat. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has BFS with celiac?

I'm sorry but I don't recall reading your initial post but I can say that I had a lot of muscle twitching(spasms) all over my body but more so on my calves. I also had this vibrating type feeling in my legs but not the tremors.....

I would suggest getting all your blood checked for vitamin deficienc;y from folic acid, B12, folate, Vit D etc. and see how that comes out. Since being gluten free one year now I have gotten much better but will still get the muscle twitching every now and again. I'm thinking it seems to happen after I've had vinegar but I'm still not sure.

Don't stop at Doc #1 if you don't like the answer and you have doubts. Never stop researching and taking their word as final. They certainly don't have all the answers.

I have had all bloodwork done and went to a neurologist who dx with Benign fasciculation syndrome. They do not know if it is a brain, muscle or nerve disease. Anyway it is benign and I belong to the BFS support group and none of them have had any problems with gluten, I dont even know if I do but will get tested. I guess my question is also if I eat gluten will my neuro problem get worse? Do you guys cheat sometimes?..Thank you..Jenn