This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Antibiotics

oceangirl

oceangirl Collaborator

I have been prescribed antibiotics for a possible strep throat. Specifically Zithromax. Does anyone know if this is gluten-free and if not what antibiotics might be gluten-free? Thanks.

lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

2kids4me Contributor

Your pharmacist will be able to tell you... different brand names may have diiferent fillers etc.

The pharmacist will have a book called the CPS manual (Compendium of phramceuticals) - this book contains all the ingredients in brand name and generici drugs. If it is unclear (modifed food starch) the company will have a direct phone number they can call.

oceangirl Collaborator
Your pharmacist will be able to tell you... different brand names may have diiferent fillers etc.

The pharmacist will have a book called the CPS manual (Compendium of phramceuticals) - this book contains all the ingredients in brand name and generici drugs. If it is unclear (modifed food starch) the company will have a direct phone number they can call.

Thank you.

lisa

Thank you.

lisa

The pharmacist said the ings. were okay, but perhaps I should ask for the list 'cause that's what I'm worried about- things he may not know contain gluten. Thanks again.

lisa

jerseyangel Proficient

The Z-Pack, put out by Pfizer is gluten free. I have called and verified this, as it's the only antibiotic I can take.

Franceen Explorer
I have been prescribed antibiotics for a possible strep throat. Specifically Zithromax. Does anyone know if this is gluten-free and if not what antibiotics might be gluten-free? Thanks.

lisa

According to the Clan Thompson Smart Drug List Zithromax made by Pfizer is gluten-free.

oceangirl Collaborator
According to the Clan Thompson Smart Drug List Zithromax made by Pfizer is gluten-free.

Thank you all very much! I hate to take antibiotics anyway- don't like taking any prescription drugs- but this chest infection is quite nasty. Good health to all.

lisa

lorka150 Collaborator

Lisa, I have a good pharmaceutical list if you'd like it. Hit me with a PM.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

oceangirl Collaborator
Lisa, I have a good pharmaceutical list if you'd like it. Hit me with a PM.

Lorka,

I'm so computer illiterate I don't even know what a "PM" is! But I would love to have that list. Maybe when my daughter gets up she can explain it to me. Thank you!

lisa

Lorka,

I'm so computer illiterate I don't even know what a "PM" is! But I would love to have that list. Maybe when my daughter gets up she can explain it to me. Thank you!

lisa

Just had a horrible night-throat in a vice grip and chest hacking and now conjunctivitus as well! I took the first dose an hour ago.

jerseyangel Proficient
Lorka,

lisa

Just had a horrible night-throat in a vice grip and chest hacking and now conjunctivitus as well! I took the first dose an hour ago.

Oceangirl--

Sorry you had such a bad night. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon :)

"PM"=personal message. To send one to Lorka, go up to her post, click on "PM" at the bottom left.

oceangirl Collaborator
Oceangirl--

Sorry you had such a bad night. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon :)

"PM"=personal message. To send one to Lorka, go up to her post, click on "PM" at the bottom left.

Paati,

Thank you! I figured it was a personal message, but, what a dummy I am, eh? Thank you; I will "PM" her now! Thanks for your well wishes.

lisa

lorka150 Collaborator

Thank you, Patti.

And Lisa, I've replied to you with my email address :)

Lymetoo Contributor

Lorka....Is the list different from the list of meds here at celiac.com??

lorka150 Collaborator

I am not sure what the list is here. It's a huge PDF file that i got from an autism site because I am both gluten and casein free.

oceangirl - I hope you got my email. I sent it yesterday.

oceangirl Collaborator
I am not sure what the list is here. It's a huge PDF file that i got from an autism site because I am both gluten and casein free.

oceangirl - I hope you got my email. I sent it yesterday.

Lorka

Yes, thank you!

I've been "down for the count" for a couple of days. Feeling a little better now.

lisa

lorka150 Collaborator

Glad you are feeling a little better, Lisa. I'm glad you got the list!

Lymetoo Contributor

How many pages? I'd like to have it....I think!! :rolleyes:

oceangirl Collaborator
Glad you are feeling a little better, Lisa. I'm glad you got the list!

Lorka,

Thank you, also, for the other list. Can you see the Canadian flag flying behind my son in the avatar pic? We love your country. (That was in Quebec City- my second home)

lisa

lorka150 Collaborator

lymetoo - can you pm me with your email address? i dont know how else to send it.

thanks! i've been to quebec city only once. i am from southern ontario, near niagara falls.

Archived