• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Claire

Villous Atrophy (excerpt From Article)

Rate this topic

I have from time to time seen comments/questions on this forum about this subject. Thought this might be of interest. Claire

VILLOUS ATROPHY (excerpt from article)

This is discussed in the Medline abstracts found in the Educational Institution section below. For these people the casein milk protein causes the intestinal villi to flatten, much like it does when gluten is consumed by somebody that is intolerant to gluten.

http://www.centerofhealth.com/gluten.html

Guest Robbin

Thank you so much, claire! I was wondering about this just tonight. I have both casein and gluten intolerance and it is a tough one. I have been a little less diligent with the casein and have used butter on occasion without clarifying it. I will not be doing that anymore.

This is discussed in the Medline abstracts found in the Educational Institution section below. For these people the casein milk protein causes the intestinal villi to flatten, much like it does when gluten is consumed by somebody that is intolerant to gluten.
Thank you so much for posting this information! I have been trying to find a good article or reference on this topic.