This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Please Help!

Nikki2003

Nikki2003 Contributor

Please tell me what they really mean. I know what the TTg is,Just not the others. I can't find much info on them.

IgE- 272 units/ml ---------------H--------------normal value= 0-30

TTG- 80 ------------------------- H-------------normal value=<20

Bilirubin,Total- 0.1 mg/dl---------L------------- normal value= 0.3-1.2

AST- 42 unit/L ---------------------H--------------normal value= 2- 40

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Nikkie, I dont know, but I will bump this up to the top. The board is usually quiet on the weekend, but I am sure that you will get an answer some.

AndreaB Contributor
Please tell me what they really mean. I know what the TTg is,Just not the others. I can't find much info on them.

Thanks

Nikki,

Are you sure that's IgE? IgE measures allergies, IgA measures for intolerance. ttg from what I understand is an induced autoimmune reaction in the body. AST is a liver enzyme. I had elevated AST and ALT two years ago that have gone back to normal. The gluten free diet should take care of that. I was told to check back in a year with mine but you would want to talk to your doctor. I'm not sure about the bilirubin. I just know it has something to do with jaundice but don't know why or what the function is.

I copied this out of a document I have on my computer (it's 106 pages). Don't know if it is what you are looking for. Just a little definition.

Two enzymes often measured on routine tests are known as ALT (alanine transaminase) and AST (aspartate transaminase). ALT is found in the liver, heart, muscles and kidneys. AST is in the liver, heart, muscles, kidneys, brain, pancreas, spleen and lungs. ALT is also known as SGPT (serum glutamic-pyruvic transaminase), and AST is also called SGOT (serum glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase).

In many neuromuscular disorders, muscle tissue is gradually damaged, either by an attack from the immune system (as in inflammatory myopathies), or by a genetic mutation inside the cells (as in the muscular dystrophies). When routine tests measuring ALT or AST are performed in people with neuromuscular disorders, these enzymes are often elevated in the blood, because the ALT and AST are leaking out of damaged muscles. But they can also leak out of other organs, particularly the liver.

Nikki2003 Contributor

Here are some others

IgA--73----------------------------norm: 20-230

IgE--272----------------------------norm: 0-30

TTG-80-----------------------------norm: <20

IgG-807----------------------------norm: 400-1300

IgM-70----------------------------norm: 30-120

Do those make any sense?

Thanks again

taz sharratt Enthusiast

Thanks

sorry way confused myself. someone will know tho. :ph34r:

Guest nini

most every lab interprets things differently. Hopefully someone can clarify these for you.

GFBetsy Rookie

My advice would be to call the lab where the tests were run (or you can look up their website) and ask the lab techs what the numbers mean. They can generally interpret those numbers for you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ryebaby0 Enthusiast

This is pretty obvious, but I read a lot on WebMD about lab tests. There are several online sites that will explain tests, what they are for, and what out of range values mean. I myself would not call the lab -- they will only repeat what you have in front of you, and tell you which are high or low (which you already have on the test results), but they won't tell you much more (like "should I worry about the bilirubin? what does that mean? ")

joanna

Archived