This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Please Help!

SammieMtz

SammieMtz Rookie

okay so ive been doin great on the gluten-free diet and then last night i called kraft and the lady gave me some wierd talk and by the end im sure she said cool whip is gluten-free but when i ate it with strawberries i bloated, im dizzy, and i wanna cry very bad!!! anyone else have problems with cool whip?? is it gluten-free??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Sharon1422 Newbie
okay so ive been doin great on the gluten-free diet and then last night i called kraft and the lady gave me some wierd talk and by the end im sure she said cool whip is gluten-free but when i ate it with strawberries i bloated, im dizzy, and i wanna cry very bad!!! anyone else have problems with cool whip?? is it gluten-free??

The same thing happened to me also. Now, I have been buying heavy cream and making my own cool whip.

Just get a blender and whip it up for a few minutes. Its just has good as cool whip.

pmarbach Newbie

it is gluten free. kraft lists all allergens including gluten and will not hide anything

jerseyangel Proficient

Cool Whip is gluten-free. It does, however, contain casein. Could you be sensitive to that?

• 3 weeks later...
SammieMtz Rookie
Cool Whip is gluten-free. It does, however, contain casein. Could you be sensitive to that?

perhaps i havent checked though...thanks everyone for the reply. i have my 1st doc appt..on the 28th so ill ask

lorka150 Collaborator

or corn, too... a lot of celiacs are sensitive to corn, and i am pretty sure it has corn syrup.

RiceGuy Collaborator

I agree that it may be a dairy sensitivity.

I know this isn't a really good alternative, but if you can eat eggs, maybe whip up some egg whites and powdered sugar, Xylitol, or Stevia (if that works for meringue). I suppose an egg replacer may also work, though I haven't tried.

There are creams made with rice, so maybe one of those can be whipped. I don't have a sweet tooth at all, so sugary stuff isn't "my thing". Though I've never had any trouble making stuff for special occasions. I know meringue is easy enough, as is whipped cream.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GlutenFreeAl Contributor

I think Cool Whip has soybean oil in it as well. Soy can be very hard for many to digest as well...

Archived