This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tazorac Cream - Anyone Ever Use This?

DingoGirl

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Leah, sending hugs your way. I lost a friend to breast cancer 2 years go. She was 44.

Hugs.

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rinne Apprentice

Leah, I am so sorry about your friend. It is hard to lose those we love. I will keep you and she in my prayers.

Susan, I'm so sorry that you have been having a rough time.

Robbin, I've decided to look at producing one product as a beginning to further products and a cafe. The reality is that I am not well enough to take on full time work. I don't like to look at that. :(

Evie, how was your visit with your 92 year old friend?

Penguin I went searching back and found your strange creature :blink: , very creative. :lol:

Karen, how are you?

BTW I put coconut oil on my hair and it was disastrous....could not leave the house. And hardly used any. What else can I use this for, besides skin? and will it make me break out? I use Jojoba oil on my face usually as it is healing adn cleansing.....but hey can I cook with the cocunut oil, put it in smoothies, anythying else?

:lol: Sorry, just funny to think of you being a prisoner of coconut oil. I use it for baking and it is refined. I just thought to try it on my skin because I haven't been using anything for a while and with all the weight loss and summer I have noticed it seems older. This is new for me, my skin has always been oily.

It is the middle of the night and this has become a regular thing for me, I fall asleep about 9 or 10 p.m. and wake at 2 or 3 a.m. to spend several hours sleepless. Around 6 or 7 a.m. I'll drift off for an hour or two and then another day begins. :(

Of course the day that is beginning is Sunday and it is a favourite day for me because of the New York Times Sunday crossword. I am addicted to crossword puzzles although I am now restricting myself to just this one major puzzle a week. Prior to this I was buying the collected puzzles and spending hours each day just doing them. :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Hi Leah, glad to see you pop in, how are your spirits today?

Andrea - thanks for the recipe - I think it's unrefined since I was buying it for my HAIR.....I'll find some use for it...legs maybe....

Yes, Rinne, I was help captive due to very strange hair except for the dog park yesterday. But was in a funk anyway (going on one week now - ENOUGH ALREADY! :angry: ) ....Wish you were well enough to start your cafe. It will take a while....I am not well enough or consistent enough to work full-time now and really need the money. But yes, starting with one product, like those crackers you were inventing.

Am very worried about my brain adn lack of memory. severe memory problems and how is this goign to affect me on a job? (I have another ghastly interview tomorrow.)

Judy - is it in fact the two-disc version, the older one, with Colin Firth? it is a delight, let me tell you. Just cracks me up and you must watch it but it is a long one - very enjoyable.

Cecile - come back and say hi to us....Cissie - - give a holler as well.....miss you....

Robbin! Always nice to see you if I haven't told you that already.....

:)

queenofhearts Explorer

Hi all, I've been given permission to visit my friend today so I am somewhat comforted... her husband is hyper-protective of her so I'd feared that I wouldn't be able to see her & tell her how much I love her.. but her condition is even worse than I knew, so today's visit will very likely be goodbye. The world will be losing a beacon of light...

Rinne, just this morning I was thinking how grateful I was to have the puzzle to take my mind off things...

I'm a cryptic crossword addict myself, but I have to get those online. Love cryptoquotes too.

Susan, hope today is a little less coconutty, & your interview tomorrow goes well. Your brain seems pretty sharp to me! I'm sure you'll be fine on the job once you get going...

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Am very worried about my brain adn lack of memory. severe memory problems and how is this goign to affect me on a job? (I have another ghastly interview tomorrow.)

Judy - is it in fact the two-disc version, the older one, with Colin Firth? it is a delight, let me tell you. Just cracks me up and you must watch it but it is a long one - very enjoyable. :)

Susan_

Is this the second interview or the one with 'the spread sheets :ph34r::blink: '?

Agree you seem really sharp to me...you'll do great or know this isn't a good job match.

yes, think it's the old 2 disk one.

Maybe i'll put it in as i work in guest room today.

was going to art show but gloomy and drizely out today..good day to clean inside since i worked out side yesterday.

Leah..so glad you get to see your friend even if it will be for the last time.

I'll really be praying hard for strenght for you..please let us know how your doing after the visit when your up to talking.

love and hugs to you all

judy

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Celia--

I keep chasing you around :lol:

got a post from other forum..i posted there.

then went into this forum and did a pm

and then came back on email and found an alert that there was a post by you..

You are in my prayers and hope the old hurrican will leave you and New Orleans alone.

love

judy

evie Rookie

Leah, I am so sorry about your friend. It is hard to lose those we love. I will keep you and she in my prayers.

Susan, I'm so sorry that you have been having a rough time.

Robbin, I've decided to look at producing one product as a beginning to further products and a cafe. The reality is that I am not well enough to take on full time work. I don't like to look at that. :(

Evie, how was your visit with your 92 year old friend?

Penguin I went searching back and found your strange creature :blink: , very creative. :lol:

Karen, how are you?

Morning all; So nice to have so many up and at em! I had a nice visit with my friend but I do not think she will be able to stay in her apt. much longer, she is getting so weak. has very little appetite and so thin, she talks about having had a long, good life and her mind is so GOOD. :) But she is ready to go.

Robbin, I posted to you earlier about the qui lt show but I somehow lost it?? Sat. pm I saw a show on our edu channel, it was on amking a purse, serger and machine. I have 3 qult tops to quilt sometime but I have a long way to go to have energy for that here, may have to farm them out at least one of them. we don't get the channel you mentioned. I do well to do mending and hem pants or etc.

Susan, glad you are being patient with yourself, sounds like you are staying calm too. Wish you lots O' luck on the job interview soon and I think your mind is fine. You just seem like a collected person. I do know what you speak of, when I want to think of a name of course it is non existent for a while. :angry: Is that called brain fog? Never been quite sure..Was left confused Sat. when i thought I posted a long post and it did not go??? Rest of you seem to keep the names straight/ the pics but not me (confused)

Brain is extra fogged lately with sinus infection and BAD UTI, had to get antibiotic for it. Taking extra acidophilus to combat further problems!! Must get busy. Good Day to all. :) evie Have a nice visit with your friend today Queen.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

queenofhearts Explorer

Celia's moving around so much, no hurricane could find her! Keep Ernesto guessing, girl!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OH GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY everyone's here!!! good morning to all......so nice to see everyone.....the support here is really good.

Leah.... :( a goodbye......the bitter and the sweet, it's the tenderest of times and the most wrenching, a necessary part of life but definitely the saddest. She will be blessed to see your loveliness.

Evie - hi! I think you're doing very well....and quilting, good gawd almighty, that involves measuring and MATH.....that's another thing they do in hell, make you cut perfectly matched squares and sew them together..... :huh:

Cecile - - - keep running, or better yet, fly out here, there's not a hurricane in sight! Will be might cramped here though if you bring your whole family.... :blink:

Judy - put in the DVD - you will love it but I found it so entertaining I had to put down my jewelry-making and just watch it, it's so charming......

The job interview.....to me, very demeaning - PT receptionist - this is what I"ve come to - - I mean, I have a BA and a teaching credential, used to speak three languages.....but my brain is SO intensely scrambled that I can't focus and think straight. Can't be in charge of anything, really. Front desk - maybe. But if it's a receptionist job with ONLY phones to answer and nothing else to do, nope, can't do it, can't stare into space all day.....am only interest because of the hours which are afternoons. But how heinous - it's in a prominent commercial real estate office (ROBERT"S FIELD) with men I grew up with or went to college with - they are making millions and I would be the peon answering their phones......the gossip in this town is vicious and I wonder what they'll say about me. Yes, I obsess over these things.......would have to project a very successful and mysterious air about me - - I have my own (very small) business, for Pete's sake, and have refurbished three homes...I'll just say that I needed more human contact since what I do is so isolating (jewelry, painting, working for the writer, etc.)......

debating going to church. I have a hangover from yesterday's depression. :blink:

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

Good luck tomorrow, you'll do fine. Let us know what you think of the interview.

Leah,

I'm glad you will be able to visit your friend. Be strong.

Celia,

Hang in there girl.....maybe ernesto will lose it's strength before it gets to you.

Evie,

I hope you feel better soon.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Good Grief-- :blink::blink::blink::blink::o

just wanted to come on and say hi and all you dear friends are 'spinning out there i cyber space.

Think I'll do what Susan said AND PUT THE DVD IN,,,get off the computer finally been on since 9:30 and it's now 11:45..how the day flys by...

Evie..take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon.

you guys have to ck out celia.s link..what a riot...only you could come up with that card.. :lol:

Leah..you sure nailed this one...Celia's moving around so much, no hurricane could find her! Keep Ernesto guessing, girl!

Can't wait to ck in later in the day for some good laughs..this thread is a riot.

Susan..keep the faith honey..where ever you 'go' today.

You're like me..you 'think-uth-too-much' takes one to know one...love you so much honey..

judy

EDIT...OH MY :o:blink::o:blink::huh::unsure::oB) JUST CK'D OUT THE WEATHER AND IT LOOKS LIKE ---IF THEY ARE RIGHT--- IT'S HEADED YOUR WAY CELIA...wHERE DO YOU LIVE AGAIN??? YOU SAID NORTHE OF TAMPA RIGHT... B) HIDE :ph34r: MAYBE IT WON'T FIND YOU

JUDY

rinne Apprentice

Sure and everyone should have such a cosy home :blink: , Cecile your photo is terrifying and hugely funny all at once. ROTFLMAO

Just driving by, I'll be back. :)

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Celia:

I agree, you move so fast that no hurricane could ever catch you.

Leah: How are you?

Susan: Nothing wrong with being a receptionist.

Evie: I don't think we have met, my name is Tavi

Judy: Seems like forever since I have seen you!

Karen:

How are you feeling, any luck figuring out what is going on? How did your last tests come out? Love the pictures of your boy's, the one with darker hair looks just like you.

Rinne: Have we met? My name is Tavi

Ursela: Love the picture!

I just want all of you to know that each of you give me so much strength to get through the day and sometimes the night, didn't want a day to go by and not tell you!

AndreaB Contributor
OMG OMG... ground zero as of now is ME :o:o

Isn't ernesto in the caribbean somewhere right now?

Keep us posted as you can/want to and I'll also watch online at weather.com.

Rikki Tikki Explorer
A tropical storm or Hurricane Watch may be required for portions of

the Florida Keys later today.

For storm information specific to your area...including possible

inland watches and warnings...please monitor products issued

by your local weather office. :o

But we have about 2 more days to prepare... maybe it'll change direction or weaken. :blink::D

Well, Celia you will be protected by the arms of all your sickly silly celiac friends! :D:D:D

But in case that doesn't work get the heck out of Flordia! :blink::blink::blink:

Canadian Karen Community Regular
Karen:

How are you feeling, any luck figuring out what is going on? How did your last tests come out? Love the pictures of your boy's, the one with darker hair looks just like you.

Not much to tell. Absolutely no villi regrowth but he did find multiple ulcers in my stomach. Started me on Losec. The test for H phylori was negative......

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Karen so glad to see you post

has the medicine helped you.

judy

DingoGirl Enthusiast

EVERYBODY - - we must all say a giant collective prayer for our dear Cecile and those in that area - - - OMG - - we will re-route or just plain DIFFUSE that hurricane! :o

I am thinking of you as I dig in the garden......

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
I am thinking of you as I dig in the garden......

SUSAN--ARE YOU ATTENDING CHURCH IN YOUR GARDEN?? THAT'S WHERE I GO WHEN I NEED SOLICE AND PEACE TOO. WAS THINKING OF LEAH...WHEN I LOST A DEAR FREIND TO BREAST CANCER I WENT INTO THE GARDEN AND CRIED BUCKETS OF TEARS. I GAVE SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE PLANTS SHE HAD GIVEN ME FROM HER GARDEN....WEED AWAY DEAR FRIEND.

Really don't worry about me... just look for me hanging on a rope from some helicopter on the news.. :lol:

I'm just getting in the "ready mode" ...not upset, just really nervous... hyper...

I've been checking in here to see if Leah was back yet from visiting her dear friend.

CELIA--WELL IF YOU GET TAKEN OFF ON A ROPE YOU BETTER PINT 'CELIA THE CELIAC' ON YOUR T SHIRT IN LIPSTICK SO WE'LL KNOW IT'S YOU.... :lol: GLAD YOUR IN 'READY' MODE...TAKE DEEP BREATHS FRIEND.

LEAH, ARE YOU BACK YET....PRAYERS STILL COMING...

JUDY

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Fiddle Faddle... umm.. did you ever try the soad bread? :rolleyes: <--- or did it turn out like a brick? :lol:

Yes, I did, and it was quite good! Thanks so much for the recipe! I'm monkeying around now with a buttermilk bread recipe from Roben Ryberg's Gluten Free Kitchen. It's actually delicious, but I can't get it to rise worth a darn (recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of baking powder--think I'll try afull ttablespoon next time). It doesn't use rice flour at all, jsut cornstarch and ptoato starch.

jerseyangel Proficient
Yes, I did, and it was quite good! Thanks so much for the recipe! I'm monkeying around now with a buttermilk bread recipe from Roben Ryberg's Gluten Free Kitchen. It's actually delicious, but I can't get it to rise worth a darn (recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of baking powder--think I'll try afull ttablespoon next time). It doesn't use rice flour at all, jsut cornstarch and ptoato starch.

Ooh--Fiddle, does that cook book have other recipes for breads and other baked goods using no flours? If so, I'm going to get it ASAP :D

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Ooh--Fiddle, does that cook book have other recipes for breads and other baked goods using no flours? If so, I'm going to get it ASAP :D

Yes--the whole cookbook, all she uses is potato starch and cornstarch.

AndreaB Contributor

Ohhh and Patti... you'll appreciate this one... I'm doing my laundry and told my mom I was busy doing it when she called and she said, "Why? What if your house gets blown away?".... and of course my response was..."If I'm going to have my panties fly around the neighborhood, I want them to be clean." :o:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Yes--the whole cookbook, all she uses is potato starch and cornstarch.

Patti this is just such great news for you. you have a cook bood for you :):):)

Celic-----you can always keep your sence of humor...you go girl

this was the best laugh today. Thanks for sharing.

Ohhh and Patti... you'll appreciate this one... I'm doing my laundry and told my mom I was busy doing it when she called and she said, "Why? What if your house gets blown away?".... and of course my response was..."If I'm going to have my panties fly around the neighborhood, I want them to be clean."

Judy

queenofhearts Explorer

I'm back... spent some time after visiting with a mutual friend (we went to the hospital together)... that helped.

It was so sad to see her struggling for breath, but incredibly, she was still joking-- one of the things that always helped her through-- her fabulous sense of humor, still hanging on even though her lungs are collapsing. Amazing... she inspires me still & always will no matter what.

I was so incredibly touched when I got home-- my son called from college because my husband had told him about this... how sweet is that?

Oh, life is so full of sweetness & sadness... I'm a teary mess right now... I'll come back later, need to rest for a while.

Thank you all for your sweet words--

Love,

Leah

p.s. Celia, I hope you & your clean panties stay safe & dry!

Archived