This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tazorac Cream - Anyone Ever Use This?

DingoGirl

evie Rookie
A tropical storm or Hurricane Watch may be required for portions of

the Florida Keys later today.

For storm information specific to your area...including possible

inland watches and warnings...please monitor products issued

by your local weather office. :o

But we have about 2 more days to prepare... maybe it'll change direction or weaken. :blink::D

Celia, does your Mom not live in Florida? The washing sounds like what my Mom would say, " change underwear, never know when you might be in accident". I like Susan's idea about a gaint prayer chain to turn the storm away, just might work!! :) Been meaning to tell you Celia that I think you have up a really good picture, did you have a rough time last year in storm season? We have 2 nephews in Florida, 1 in Naples in a house/ much Glass and in jacksonville..usually bit less storm there. Are you putting up the boards over the windows and stocking up vital foods and water? I hope you hae a safe place to go if the need arrives and have plenty of 'your food to take along'!!

Judy, I agree with you about gardens (flower or vegetable) can be soothing to the mind, heart or?? Also trees, water or any of nature, the sights, sounds and all just take your mind away from all kinds of problems.

I have read that we all need some kind of place to get away to and renew ourselves, vacations are good for that!! :)

Karen I am so glad you got checked again, so hoping that new med will help you lots and soon. It is no fun to have tummy aches and problems, I feel for you, am having a set back myself. Seems I am a bit more of a groaner than you are, but sometimes it goes on so long we just want to hide and be quiet. One reason I am so thankful for this space to vent, hope people do not get too tired of my grunting & etc.

Tavi, I love your sense of humor, afraid I am a bit lacking in that department. I came on in April and was on the OMG thread too, I may be the oldest lady posting on here but not everyone tells their age, "good to have you here"!!

Wanted to tell Susan to look at the receptionist job as a step into getting back to the work field, am sure you are capable of much more intensive work but this may be just what you need in the way of getting back in.

something that does not take all of your attention in order to get a paycheck might be for an interim of whatever it takes!! :( Prayers for you to really be 'with it then'. I could use some more $$ but I know I am not ready to work out of the home. Just glad I could help an elderly couple last fall when they needed me, still do a bit of volunteer type. Good to hear from so many of you!! evie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
Yes--the whole cookbook, all she uses is potato starch and cornstarch.

Thanks! I will look for it :)

jerseyangel Proficient
Ohhh and Patti... you'll appreciate this one... I'm doing my laundry and told my mom I was busy doing it when she called and she said, "Why? What if your house gets blown away?".... and of course my response was..."If I'm going to have my panties fly around the neighborhood, I want them to be clean." :o:lol:

Good one, Celia :D It reminds me of when my mom always said to wear clean underwear in case you were in an accident and everyone at the hospital would see them! :lol:

Patti this is just such great news for you. you have a cook bood for you :):):)

I know! I've been trying to figure out how to do this on my own--it's tricky! Things tend to turn out rather brick-like :angry::D

I'm back... spent some time after visiting with a mutual friend (we went to the hospital together)... that helped.

It was so sad to see her struggling for breath, but incredibly, she was still joking-- one of the things that always helped her through-- her fabulous sense of humor, still hanging on even though her lungs are collapsing. Amazing... she inspires me still & always will no matter what.

I was so incredibly touched when I got home-- my son called from college because my husband had told him about this... how sweet is that?

Oh, life is so full of sweetness & sadness... I'm a teary mess right now... I'll come back later, need to rest for a while.

Thank you all for your sweet words--

Love,

Leah

p.s. Celia, I hope you & your clean panties stay safe & dry!

Leah,

Today had to be very difficult for you. This is so sad, and I'm so sorry. I'll say a prayer for her and her family :)

rinne Apprentice
Ohhh and Patti... you'll appreciate this one... I'm doing my laundry and told my mom I was busy doing it when she called and she said, "Why? What if your house gets blown away?".... and of course my response was..."If I'm going to have my panties fly around the neighborhood, I want them to be clean."

Wow clean and without knots. :lol: Please keep updating us on the weather, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Tavi, pleased to meet you, I've seen you around and have appreciated your posts. I'd be glad to be your friend. :)

I am wondering how long each of us has been ill and what the totality of our symptoms are. I know many of my problems are clearly problems that Celiacs encounter but I have other problems that I wonder about. When I think of how ill I am now I can see that for at least 4 years I have been in pain. I connected that pain to physical injuries but now I am not sure. About 20 years ago I was very ill, covered in a rash, extremely high fever, and eventually diagnosed with Scarlet Fever and given anti-biotics, I got better but about 6 months later I went through a brief period of night sweats and anxiety attacks, this was followed by bladder weakness, most recently I have cysts in my breast, hand and kidney and a feeling of wobbling when I walk. All of these are symptoms of Lyme disease. This is a brief summation, what I am wondering about is starting a thread where each of us listed all of our conditions and their history. Oh, and most recently my eyesight has started to deteriorate, also possible for Lyme.

As I have looked into Lyme disease I have been struck by how much it is like Celiac in that it is extremely under-diagnosed and because of how specialized medicine has become doctors no longer seem to have a global view of a patients health.

Leah, I am so glad you were able to spend some time with your friend. How wonderful that your memories of her will include her humor and courage.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Leah..this is so sweet and re: life is beautiful.my son called from college because my husband had told him about this... how sweet is that? Oh, life is so full of sweetness & sadness...

I'm so happy you could see your friend.

There were so many people i wanted to comment on but just too tired right now. Just let me say how very greatful i am to have you all in my life.

hugs

judy

Guest Robbin

I am having one of "those nights" so I am bouncing back and forth between forums-Celia--We are going to pray it misses the whole continent and fizzles out at sea. Didn't one of those tv preachers pray a hurricane away a few years ago?! I am sure we could do it too! Faith can move a mountain, so why not?

Cissie-Yep, I worry about the eyes too. I finally got weaned off the prednisone drops, though. I developed more floaters and they itch constantly. I sometimes wish I would have kept the cataract in one eye since this is such a disaster that I don't know how it will end up. I just hope the rejection/reaction to the implants is going to get better soon, cause I sure as heck don't know what they would do to me next. I am taking it one day at a time and making sure to really "see" everything I can that is lovely to me. Sight is sure not something to take for granted, yikes.

Leah, my dear, I am so sorry. I lost a beautiful friend last year and I know what you are feeling. Your posts brought tears to my eyes. She must be a very special person. I like to think that by remembering my friends and loved ones who are gone, I am keeping their light shining. You also have a special son to want to offer support to you. You and your friend are in my prayers.

Susan-How are the girls?! I sent you an email-I haven't been on here for a couple of days, and it is good to see you! I feel closer to Heaven in the outdoors than in any church. You can hear more of God's voice in a forest than in a sermon. I understand completely the job thing. I would hate to be an underling in the way you described. Perhaps you could expand your own business?

Patti- I think you will like the recipes in Roben Ryberg's book-I use it a lot and love it. Even my picky son likes the recipes I have made from that book. You just have to substitute for the dairy. The recipes are simple and economical and easy to find ingredients.

rinne-I agree with the Lyme similarities-Have you been checked for Lyme?

Judy, so glad to see you here and there!!! So neat you are a "Simply Quilts" fan too! Do you watch Carol Duval too?

evie-I saw a quilt show advertised on PBS-Is that the one you watch? I haven't seen that one yet. You can go to HGTV.com and click on the "Simply Quilts" show and click on episodes and get instructions and descriptions of the projects. You can print them out and put them in a binder and never run out of patterns that way!

Karen-I hope you get some answers and relief soon. I love the pictures of your cutie boys too!

Anyone I may have left out--Be Good, Feel Good, Eat and sleep good!

. :)

I am wondering how long each of us has been ill and what the totality of our symptoms are. I know many of my problems are clearly problems that Celiacs encounter but I have other problems that I wonder about. When I think of how ill I am now I can see that for at least 4 years I have been in pain. I connected that pain to physical injuries but now I am not sure. About 20 years ago I was very ill, covered in a rash, extremely high fever, and eventually diagnosed with Scarlet Fever and given anti-biotics, I got better but about 6 months later I went through a brief period of night sweats and anxiety attacks, this was followed by bladder weakness, most recently I have cysts in my breast, hand and kidney and a feeling of wobbling when I walk. All of these are symptoms of Lyme disease. This is a brief summation, what I am wondering about is starting a thread where each of us listed all of our conditions and their history. Oh, and most recently my eyesight has started to deteriorate, also possible for Lyme.

rinne-this is a good idea. You have a lot of the symptoms I have too, although I have been checked for Lyme.

Rikki Tikki Explorer

I can't sleep so I was seeing if anyone was on the board. :(:(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rinne Apprentice
rinne-this is a good idea. You have a lot of the symptoms I have too, although I have been checked for Lyme.
Canadian Karen Community Regular
EVERYBODY - - we must all say a giant collective prayer for our dear Cecile and those in that area - - - OMG - - we will re-route or just plain DIFFUSE that hurricane! :o

I am thinking of you as I dig in the garden......

I have a better idea. All us celiacs need to do is point out butts towards to hurricane and let 'er rip! I am sure we have enough collective gas to blow that thing all the way down to Antartica!!!!!

rinne Apprentice
I have a better idea. All us celiacs need to do is point out butts towards to hurricane and let 'er rip! I am sure we have enough collective gas to blow that thing all the way down to Antartica!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

queenofhearts Explorer

Morning, all!

Thank you all so much for all your supportive words. My friend made it through the night so she may get to see her son! (He was in Iraq & though he was given leave, most thought he wouldn't arrive in time.) I'm so happy about this-- it really was one of the hardest things about her sudden decline.

Celia, how's the weather? Have you noticed it's unusually stinky?

Leah

penguin Community Regular

Karen - LOL :lol:

Celia - I'm sure it won't be so bad, it's not even a hurricane anymore! (nevermind the reports that it will strengthen, they're lying!)

Leah - I'm so sorry for your friend, but I am glad you were blessed with the opportunity to say goodbye. I can't imagine how heartening and heartbreaking that was. I'm glad that her son has a better chance of seeing her before she goes, now.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Good morning ... I've been reading but not posting ... I don't feel good :(

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

Good morning, all! I haven't been on since Friday afternoon, so I'm too far behind to try to catch up.

LEAH, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I know there's nothing I can say right now to ease the sadness and aching, but I send you prayers, love, and hugs. My mother used to quote something that perhaps, when your grief is not so raw, you'll think of, and smile. "God gave us memory, that we might have roses in December."

Cissie

queenofhearts Explorer

Carla, I'm so sorry-- is it getting worse? Have you seen a doctor in case it's a bug?

Cissie, thanks, that's a lovely quote.

jerseyangel Proficient

Sorry, Carla :( --whatever it is has really got you!

Today is the first day I've felt like myself in almost a week. Last Wednesday, I think it was, I tried a Lara Bar--hadn't had one in a while. I was in the bathroom within an hour, but worse--I've been an emotional wreck ever since! Foggy, woozy and even a little paranoid (ask my husband or Judy :lol: )

Did you eat something out of the ordinary--or is it still the glutening from your grandma's house? This stuff can really hang on--eh! :angry:

CarlaB Enthusiast

I don't know what it is. I have no energy whatsoever. I haven't felt what I would call good for over two months ... it seemed that it was just one thing after another. A lady in the church choir mentioned that she had heard of a doc who is also a naturopath, so if I'm not better by the end of the week, I'll look into that. I did have that ice cream bar incident last Wed., so if I got glutened from that, I'd still feel bad. But I would think I would be getting better, and I'm not.

Today it's raining and I can hardly get out of bed, so I'm kind of wondering whether it could be a candida problem. I do have a history of that.

jerseyangel Proficient

After 2 months, I think the naturopath is a good idea--certainly can't hurt.

You're not anemic, are you?

queenofhearts Explorer
You're not anemic, are you?

That's what I was wondering. Or could you have mono?

CarlaB Enthusiast

No, I'm not anemic, I was just tested for that at my regular checkup, but that's exactly how I feel. I do take iron supplements. My thyroid is fine, too, and I take thyroid supplements.

queenofhearts Explorer
No, I'm not anemic, I was just tested for that at my regular checkup, but that's exactly how I feel. I do take iron supplements. My thyroid is fine, too, and I take thyroid supplements.

Did you have a white blood cell count?

AndreaB Contributor

Hi all!

I'm starting school today (although the first week or two are slow) so I won't necessarily be posting much, but I'll always be reading.

Carla,

Yes, see the naturopath. Does candida bring you down so much?

Leah,

That's good news about your friends son.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Did you have a white blood cell count?

Yes. Would that check for mono?

queenofhearts Explorer
Yes. Would that check for mono?

Yes, if memory serves that's the screening test for mono. But check just in case I'm remembering wrong!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

Yes, see the naturopath. Does candida bring you down so much?

I don't really know. It was the anti-candida diet that made me discover the gluten-intolerance. So, once I found the gluten intolerance, I figured that candida wasn't the problem after all. However, candida is supposed to be worse when it rains, and I'm horrible today.

Archived