This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tazorac Cream - Anyone Ever Use This?

DingoGirl

DingoGirl Enthusiast
It turns out the cream was irrelevant for me. I had something called perforating foliculitis - where the hair follicle grows out and then goes back in - it looked like I had zits all over my legs. There is no diffinitive way to treat it so my dermatiologist used me as a case study. We did 10 treatments of laser hair removal, from my ankles to my bikini line (can you believe he convinced my insurance to cover this??).

holy cow, did it work?

People DO use this cream (Tazorac) on their faces - been doing some research - - but I guess it is for SEVERE acne, and you know people will try anything for that. MIne isn't severe - - but I could see that this would give me a wh ole new SKIN if I used it for a few months.....but it's painful and difficult! It's a sample from a friend, who has what her derm initially called foliculitis, on her torso - - but it is not. I keep telling her, you're just getting OLD, and this is something that happens. She's been to the derm FOUR TIMES and now they think she is crazy.......as do I....... :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ehrin Explorer
holy cow, did it work?

People DO use this cream (Tazorac) on their faces - been doing some research - - but I guess it is for SEVERE acne, and you know people will try anything for that. MIne isn't severe - - but I could see that this would give me a wh ole new SKIN if I used it for a few months.....but it's painful and difficult! It's a sample from a friend, who has what her derm initially called foliculitis, on her torso - - but it is not. I keep telling her, you're just getting OLD, and this is something that happens. She's been to the derm FOUR TIMES and now they think she is crazy.......as do I....... :lol:

Yes it did work, but did it make me hair free? NO!! And that's what I was excited about! :P I thought, wow, two birds - one stone. But I am a hormonal nightmare...nature does not want me to be hair free.

Now if you are losing layer after layer of skin I think you have your answer - you have to stop. Have you been to the dermatologist? Is there anything homeopathic that might work? As others said, you are beautiful as you are, but we women are vain - so I can understand your need to have flawless skin! I'm nearly 30 and still buy Clearasil!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Now if you are losing layer after layer of skin I think you have your answer - you have to stop. Have you been to the dermatologist? Is there anything homeopathic that might work? As others said, you are beautiful as you are, but we women are vain - so I can understand your need to have flawless skin! I'm nearly 30 and still buy Clearasil!

Wait until you hit your 40's - - you kind of WANT to lose layer after layer.... :o and that's actually what this cream, and retinols, are designed to do. I do know that if you can get through the first 3 - 6 months they are highly effective and new skin results. Just not so great in teh beginning, though.

ehrin Explorer
Wait until you hit your 40's - - you kind of WANT to lose layer after layer.... :o and that's actually what this cream, and retinols, are designed to do. I do know that if you can get through the first 3 - 6 months they are highly effective and new skin results. Just not so great in teh beginning, though.

hmmm I see your point!

Well I wish you luck! Are you going to stick with it? Or try something else?

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea... you sweet thing...hope all is well with you today.

I'm ok......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Just got an email from my oldest stepson. He wants us to come to Olympia tomorrow for a goodbye party his mother is throwing at a park up there. Very late notice for one, no one gluten-free but us, all sorts of gluten hands handling Seth not to mention the other two. Was planning on going to Olympia next weekend to see my mom since she was just here babysitting for me yesterday. Chris and wife are moving to eastern washington so who knows when Talitha and Micah would have a chance to see them again. Not that that is that far, but we hardly see them at all now and they are only a couple hours away. Now we've got to decide if we want to spend the $25 gas to go up this weekend and another $25 to go up next weekend. We are on a super sonic short budget this month too. I'll see what hubby wants to do when he gets home. My eating (not) yesterday is probably contributing to me being tired. Licking envelopes today probably didn't help either. That's ok...I'll probably perk up once the kids are in bed. :P:lol: It's amazing what a peaceful, quiet house can do to ones spirits.

The kids are watching our wedding video. Sound is good, picture is awful. The guy we asked to video had lousy eyesight and didn't know the auto focus wasn't working. He said it was a perfect wedding, even started on time to the minute, so other than that video we can't complain.

jerseyangel Proficient
I was sending you "mind thought"...you know, that thing were twins can read each others minds. Maybe my thougths were clouded by so much coffee... :lol: I wonder if the warm liquid is the key... am going to test it tonight.... by Joves... you might be on to something!!

Mon ami...would never leave you out of anything :)

I just love it when you speak French to me :P

Actually, your thought probably got through fine, it was my fogged brain that didn't catch it!

How is everything today? All going well with the kid's house?

I just thought of something--Susan may have a chat-thread of her own going here. Wherever we all land, it's a party! :D

angel-jd1 Community Regular
Licking envelopes... don't they contain gluten? You must eat better... how can you take care of all of us if you're not well yourself.

God gaaawwwwdddd :lol:

Floridian......I have been meaning to tell you that you have the most beautiful eyes and schnoz (nose). :lol:

Actually have been wanting to say that I laugh everytime I see that picture. LOVE IT!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
:lol::lol: schnoz :lol::lol:
AndreaB Contributor
Licking envelopes... don't they contain gluten? You must eat better... how can you take care of all of us if you're not well yourself.

My idea person isn't here and I plum forgot that I hadn't eaten until 9pm our time when I started getting hungry. That's what I get for not eating before the appointment, threw my whole day off.

Seth.....boy all these buttons on the CPU sure look/are fun to play with. Now if I could just get a good taste of it. It's raspberry season (according to him). :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Celia--Try butter, salt and pepper. I know you tried butter--did you use enough salt?

Another thing that is delicious is cheese grits--stir some cheddar cheese into hot grits, salt, pepper and a dash of garlic powder. Yum!

Or try maple syrup and butter.

I love grits, they don't love me back :(

AndreaB Contributor

I was going to suggest maple syrup also. Maple syrup makes everything better.....hot cereal wise anyway. :P

jerseyangel Proficient

The thing is--they're corn. Corn is one of the foods that I'm sensitive to. If you're ok with corn, you should have no problem at all :)

Grab your syrup and have at it! :lol:

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

Oh, there y'all are! Hooray, I found you!!! Refuge from the storm, dont'cha know. :P

I know nothing about facial/leg peels, but everything about grits. So may I join you goofy girls?

The secret to grits, imo, is lots of salt, low heat, long cooking, and tons of butter added when served. Grits are one of my favorite comfort foods. In fact, I'm going to go make some right now. Y'all have made me hungry!

Cissie

P.S. When we got home after our five years in Germany, many things puzzled my two littlest young'uns. They couldn't understand why we didn't have to go through Customs when we crossed a state line; and when they saw all the front porches on houses, they called them "balconies on the ground." We drove to Memphis from New York, and stayed overnight at a hotel in Nashville. At breakfast in the hotel dining room the next morning, there were, of course, grits on each plate. The little guys stared at their plates in bewilderment, then looked at me, and one of them asked, "What's that white stuff?" :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susan... my friend... I am sending you "come and play" thoughts... can you feel them? :lol:

Yes Cecile I CAN feel you wanting me to play, silly!! I just posted on the OMG thread.....but I see you have started your own chat room over here, HIJACKING my serious skin peeling thread.... :P

Good to see you girls over here! maybe we can do whatever we want and not get busted.... :ph34r: who's to know, or care.....ha ha ha ha

CEcile you are going to be very sad that I have to head out to a family dinner. but not as sad as I, of course.....am going to behave and not talk at all - - the new veeeeery mysterious me.....make them all wonder what I"M thinking as I quietly sit and smile. ha ha ha

so I gotta go! love you girls....

:)

AndreaB Contributor

Celia,

I see you. Hubby finally got home around 6:30-7:00. I'm so happy :D ....I really missed him. :( Getting ready to get the bouncing, kicking one to bed. He's smiling and laughing at mommy.

Green12 Enthusiast

You guys moved the party and didn't tell me :lol: I'm always the last one to catch on

Oh no, I can't even keep up with the one thread...

jerseyangel Proficient
Did you always have this or did it just pop up after a while?

I'm just seeing this this morning--went to bed early last night!

My intolerance to corn, as well as most of the others, showed up after I was on the gluten-free diet for about 5 months. I had been doing very well on the gluten-free diet, and then a lot of my symptoms came back, and I was almost as sick as I was before I was diagnosed. That was when I began to look for other problem foods. It's been quite a year :D

So, how did it go with the grits?

AndreaB Contributor

Celia,

Cut back on the coffee. I don't know if it's decaf or not, but all you've been drinking can't be helping.....on top of the gluten floating around in the house now.

AndreaB Contributor
Good googly moogly..if it ain't one thing it's another... my tummy feels better but now my head hurts.. really wish I was an ostrich today :o:lol:

If you bury your head in the sand, all the blood will come rushing to it and probably make you feel worse. :P:lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

and may I please remind you that we are supposed to be talking about my SKIN here?????

:lol::lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Good googly moogly..if it ain't one thing it's another... my tummy feels better but now my head hurts.. really wish I was an ostrich today :o:lol:

My poor twin! I hope as the day goes on, you'll feel better. :)

If you were an ostrich, you could just bury your head--maybe that's why they do it--headaches! :lol:

And now a word about Susan's skin--(in keeping with the theme of the thread)--Is it getting any better? The things we do for beauty... B)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Ohhh yes and Susan.... ummm skin... how is yours? :rolleyes:

Donna....I see you...thought I smelled Bumble Bar chocolate..... :lol::lol:

my skin, why, thank you for asking!! um, much better. the peeling stage is over....for now. :ph34r: Might be applying the product again, for more torture, and no complaining from me since I DO know what it does.....that's like complaining after eating nuggetts....my own fault.....

jerseyangel Proficient

Susan--You know you can still come here and complain! :P

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hum, I found all of you, know wonder the OMG thread is down to a page per day! I don't have time to read about Susan's skin right now, I'll check back after dinner. It looks great to me, Susan!! :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Archived