This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tazorac Cream - Anyone Ever Use This?

DingoGirl

DingoGirl Enthusiast
And is Dances with Rivers still in that garden? She will need coffee for her aches and pains tonight. Or . . . a nice box of frozen spinach?

Dances with Rivers left the garden, went to church, came back to the garden....got hot, went to garage to paint.....very hot - sweating - and am now in house, painting some trim....never ends.....

SO - - - A SPINACH INCIDENT...... ha ha ha ha :

last night pulled out a bag of frozen spinach. Cooked an omelet, put some in. Rolled up bag, rubber-banded it, back in freezer. This morning.....frozen, green goo along bottom of freezer....what is this, I think to self....IT"S SPINACH......leaked out of its bag, onto the freezer....

Cecile I will never look at frozen spinach the same way because of you. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Never heard of it, but I had to post when you said that you were almost 45--I THOUGHT YOU WERE IN YOUR 20's!!!!! Dang, girl, you look at least 20 years younger than your age--what's your secret?

morganb Newbie
Wait one minute!! How old do I look? Try to look past my gray complextion. :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
This might not be your situation... but... a few weeks back, here in Florida there was a virus that was going around that made people dizzy... was nothing serious, but worried alot of folks... my mom had it.. her's lasted about a week, then the dizziness slowly went away.

That could be it. I feel that bad! My dad was just visiting from Florida .... but I don't think he's been sick.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Now if it were me that came to visit you... you would have thought it was the bird flu :o:lol:

No, since we have pet birds you wouldn't have been allowed in the house until the vet said you were clean! I've already been sick from a bird once, it wasn't pretty!!

AndreaB Contributor

I came over to the quieter side of town to see how yous'al doin.

Celia,

I see you are holding down the fort. :P

morganb Newbie
Hiya darlin'... was just making more coffee :)

I'm guessing that you're not planning on sleeping anytime tonight :blink: coffee, coffee, coffee....it's addicting but keeps one awake

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

queenofhearts Explorer

Everyone thinks I'm nuts when I say it, but coffee helps me too, & that's even though I had D as my main GI symptom... particularly if I eat any sweets, I really HAVE to have coffee or I feel ill. I really don't know what it's doing, but it helps somehow.

Leah

queenofhearts Explorer
I went and researched a little bit, it's got hundreds of compounds, in fact it decreases the risk of Type 2 diabetes and Parkinsons... has enzymes and all kinds of good stuff for you body. I never knew this before I looked it up, it was amazing.

I just heard somewhere that it's very high in antioxidants too! Maybe it's the enzymes that are helping with digestion, I'd never heard that one.

queenofhearts Explorer
If you are interested here is a site you might want to look at:

Open Original Shared Link

Couldn't open it for some reason but I'll try tomorrow. My internet service is a bit flaky.

queenofhearts Explorer
Okay, let me know if you still have problems tomorrow and I'll try to help. For me not just this site but a few were a big eye opener for me. <--- good googly moogly... don't think I used correct English... :lol:

It just worked when I tried it again. I'm sending the address to my equally javafied brother! (How's that for incorrect English?) Thanks!

Funny I was just on an insomnia thread... giving advice! Hm...

mouse Enthusiast

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE. Where are you. Have you all deserted this wonderful thread?

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

morning you 2.

haven't read thread yet was just seeing Armetta's name and jumped on

trying to call drs today and all seem to be off.

was ck'n Karen's name for posts.

kinda worried as i haven't seen much from her since' the nite she was doubled over' so hope she's ok.

know she has scope on wed.

Have any of you heard from her? Sent a email but didn't hear back.

The Lymphedema pump people are coming today at 4:00 so pray that will be the answer for me since i'm not doing the MLD with the PT any longer.

getting phone call.

must run

judy

dlp252 Apprentice
Well, here I am again, aging as gracefully as possible without losing my face. Do you goofy young'uns need instructions? I have a few secrets I'll be happy to share.

1. If there's a large mirror in your bathroom, never look into it when you're just stepping out of the shower! I haven't looked at my naked body in fifteen years.

2. Never look at yourself in the full-length mirrors in dressings rooms until you are fully clothed. Even then, do not look at your face under those flourescent lights.

3. Remember that all overhead lighting is your enemy. Remodel your bathroom to exclude overhead lights; instead install soft lighting on both sides of your mirror.

4. Put on your makeup in this soft light; go out and have a good time; and never look at your face in another mirror until you get home.

Do you get my drift here? Mirrors are not our friends. That's because we women see ourselves as we really are. :( Men, on the other hand, begin to lose all touch with reality after their 30th birthday. Somehow they become vision-impaired when gazing into mirrors. Do they see wrinkles, sagging pot bellies, multiple chins, shiny bald heads? No indeedy. They only see the bodies of the 18-year-old studs they used to be! And that explains why they believe the flattery of sweet young things looking for a sugar daddy. Men are hilarious! :lol:

5. Wear long sleeves. A few years ago one of my little grandsons was affectionately squeezing my well-covered upper arm, when he suddenly stopped and gasped, "Grandmama, are you OLD?" Thereafter I added:

5-B. Allow no upper arm squeezing. :o

:lol::lol::lol:

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Wait one minute!! How old do I look? Try to look past my gray complextion. :)

Sorry, was trying to reply to Dingogirl--I can't keep up with you guys!

morganb Newbie
Coffee seems to be helping me heal... as silly as that sounds.

I'm really glad the coffee's helping you :) It's really interesting.

mouse Enthusiast

I don't know what I would do without my morning coffee. I use it to jumpstart my batteries. Then, after the 3rd and final cup, the batteries slowly die until I need to take a nap. When I did not drink coffee for a year or so after the diagnosis, my batteries were completely dead. Now, I use more scoups then ever in the coffee pot and as soon as there is enough coffee that has dripped through to fill one mug, I am drinking that sucker. The first mug filled that way is like having almost pure caffeine. This from a lady who thought anything over 3 level scoups in a 12 cup was way too much coffee and made it way too strong. How times require drastic measures - he he.

queenofhearts Explorer

Once when my husband was out of work I decided to cut out coffee to save money. I work as a freelancer & I found I ran out of steam about 3 hours earlier without coffee! Did the math & realized it was thriftier to keep drinking it.

mouse Enthusiast

Please tell your husband that he is one terrific portrait photographer (he also had a beautiful subject). I am partial to black and white and the old sepia tone photos. I assume he is a professional photographer?

queenofhearts Explorer
Please tell your husband that he is one terrific portrait photographer (he also had a beautiful subject). I am partial to black and white and the old sepia tone photos. I assume he is a professional photographer?

No, he runs a restaurant! (A very un-gluten-free one, unfortunately...) but he has a natural talent for photos. His mom is really good at it too as is his brother. My son actually wants to be a pro-- his favorite course in college so far was photojournalism. My son had his first show at a local coffee shop this summer. It was so exciting!

angel-jd1 Community Regular
Well, here I am again, aging as gracefully as possible without losing my face. Do you goofy young'uns need instructions? I have a few secrets I'll be happy to share.

1. If there's a large mirror in your bathroom, never look into it when you're just stepping out of the shower! I haven't looked at my naked body in fifteen years.

2. Never look at yourself in the full-length mirrors in dressings rooms until you are fully clothed. Even then, do not look at your face under those flourescent lights.

3. Remember that all overhead lighting is your enemy. Remodel your bathroom to exclude overhead lights; instead install soft lighting on both sides of your mirror.

4. Put on your makeup in this soft light; go out and have a good time; and never look at your face in another mirror until you get home.

Do you get my drift here? Mirrors are not our friends. That's because we women see ourselves as we really are. Men, on the other hand, begin to lose all touch with reality after their 30th birthday. Somehow they become vision-impaired when gazing into mirrors. Do they see wrinkles, sagging pot bellies, multiple chins, shiny bald heads? No indeedy. They only see the bodies of the 18-year-old studs they used to be! And that explains why they believe the flattery of sweet young things looking for a sugar daddy. Men are hilarious!

5. Wear long sleeves. A few years ago one of my little grandsons was affectionately squeezing my well-covered upper arm, when he suddenly stopped and gasped, "Grandmama, are you OLD?" Thereafter I added:

5-B. Allow no upper arm squeezing.

I can't believe after all of the "mirror" mentioning that you didn't say "NO magnification mirrors". Now THOSE things are evil....show every pore, crevice and wrinkle.... :ph34r::blink:

-Jessica :rolleyes:

mouse Enthusiast

I never looked good in the fun house mirrors. When I was chubby (I hate the word fat) I looked like an elephant. Now that I am skinny, I would probably look like a stick that need some nourishment (which I do). The mirrors I hate are the ones at the real nice stores. They NEVER tell the truth. If you are chubby (not fat, remember), then you look like you are 15 or 20 pounds lighter then you are. Then you go out to the front and buy all of those clothes that made you look so thin. Now, I have no idea what I look like in the mirrors of the real nice stores. Can't afford those clothes, since I buy all the gluten free ingreds and spend hundreds on vitamins, etc. he he.

CarlaB Enthusiast
There's storms brewing around here today, plus a tropical system forming in the Atlantic... I think that's why I'm a bit down today. The weather affects me badly... makes my body hurt... I don't think I'll EVER figure that one out.. :blink:

Have you considered Candida? That's a symptom of it.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Thanks for asking but it's not that, I have a multitude of problems.. autoimmune things plus Celiac and PA... plus to top it off I was in a bad auto accident...

Don't you worry your little head over any of it... I'm coming back strong... I just have bad days tho...

:)

I was thinking about what you said about that dizzy virus in Florida. I've just felt under the weather (excuse the pun) for a couple days starting yesterday which is when I was dizzy. Today I'm not dizzy, but just very fatigued. So much that it would surprise me if it was all from this mouthpiece. I picked up my dad from the airport, so a whole planeful of people coming from Florida walked past me, stood by me at the baggage claim, etc. I wonder if I got that virus from them! <_< I got sick seven days after I picked him up, does that sound right? If not, then it must all be from this mouthpiece.

Camille'sBigSister Newbie
I can't believe after all of the "mirror" mentioning that you didn't say "NO magnification mirrors". Now THOSE things are evil....show every pore, crevice and wrinkle.... :ph34r::blink:

-Jessica :rolleyes:

HORRORS!!!!! I forgot about those evil things!!! Don't have one. Ain't gonna get one. Now I'll have nightmares!!!

Archived