Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VydorScope

Tymber The Wonder Toddler!

(for more detailed history check http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=20511 )

Wow, to day is a real YAHOO kind of day. Its hard to think where we were 16monhts or so ago...

At that time our son was literly dieing. Which each passing day, he was regressing physically and mentaly... his scores at the time (he was about 20 months old) were that of a ten month old. I wont depress you with all the detials, some of you lived simular or worse stories (TCA comes to mind!)...

But August 13th will be his 3rd birthday, a day at one time this world offered no good reason why we should believe would come! And man its comming with a massive bang! First we learn he is off the disabled list (see the old thread linked above), and now we get these test scores back:

Tims SCores

WOW!! Check out those numbers!!! Nothing short of a miraculous turn around!!

To go from holding my only son in my arms at 2am who is screaming in pain with no medical treatment having ANY effect to planing a birthday party for a healthy and over active toddler is unbelievalbe!

THose of you that read The Holy Bible are probably falimure with John 3:16... "For He so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son..." , let me tell you somthing... that scripture has a new and powerful meaning to me. I do not think you can truly understand it till you been there.... Indeed it was only our faith that got us through it to the eventual discovery of celiac disease, the gluten-free diet and this forum. Without which we would not have a 3rd birthday.

Some of you reading this might just be starting out on the gluten-free journy, hopefully our sucess will encourage you! It can be done... sure we had our mistakes along the way, but we got here!

I just had to share!

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That's awesome Vincent! You must be so proud!!!! :D

Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy

We'll all float on, alright

Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

What an amazing and miraclous story!

Thanks for posting it Vincent.

I'm sure your story will give hope to parents who are going through similar things with their children.

btw, I love your avatar picture of him. That curly red hair of his is beautiful.

:D:D

Danielle

Diagnosed with Celiac 1/3/06 at age 20

Also dairy free and soy light

Guardian to 3 boys, ages 4, 3, and 2 who are gluten-free, df, corn free, and soy light

Oh, Vincent, that's such wonderful news. What a happy day!

Leah

The Queen of Hearts,

She made some tarts

All on a summer's day.

The Knave of Hearts,

He stole the tarts

And took them clean away.

Diagnosed at age 49 by biopsy 31 May 2006

Learning how to bake those tarts gluten-free!

Simply wonderful! What a joyful occasion Tim's birthday will be this year :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

What a beautiful son and what a beautiful story!

CDMom

C.D.

Mom-Gold Star Celiac dx June 2005 with many neurological complications DQ2/DQ1, 0603, dx with DH Oct 2005

Dad-Celiac Disease-positive AGA IgA and IgG, positive tTG IgA DQ2/DQ1, 0609

Son-Celiac Disease-positive AGA IgA and IgG, positive tTG IgA DQ2

Daughter1-Celiac Disease positive tTG IgA DQ2

Daughter2-Celiac Disease-Mild Gluten Challenge caused severe anemia and major drop in Ferritin, Iron, and saturation levels with a major increase in TIBC, DQ2/DQ1, 0609 Dx Graves Disease

I also believe doctors need to make sure all vitamin levels are at the mid to high range in sick patients not just Celiacs. Mega doses of Vitamin D3 has helped my neurological problems.

Vincent, those scores look great, he sounds like a very normal, sweet toddler now (and looks like an angel). You must be ecstatic.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent,

So glad your son is doing SO awesome! Yes, my two year old was diagnosed around the time I believe your son was and so I know how wonderful the many things they can do are twice as rewarding as they were even for my other two children. It is SO nice to not have them in pain and see them eating, growing and thriving!

Have a wonderful 3rd birthday Tymber!

Monica

Just wanted to add my Yahoo :lol: for his success!

Blessings. -Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Guest nini

YIPEEEEEEE!!! Doing the happy dance for Timmy!!!!! YAY!

isn't it so wonderful when your previously ill child is suddenly the picture of health??? I look at my daughter in amazement everyday!

I'm in tears!!!!! God is good all the time and all the time, God is good!!! You never know what trials may bring, but for both of us it brought a wonderful friendship and kinship. I'm so glad Tymber is doing so much better. What a blessing!

If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.

Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)

Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork

Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06

Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05

"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

Thanks all! It was all I could think about today while on the treadmill!

On trouble is he is much harder to keep up with now :lol::lol:

isn't it so wonderful when your previously ill child is suddenly the picture of health??? I look at my daughter in amazement everyday!

Looking at him today you cant tell what we went through... it amazing how well young ones bounce back. He is HUGE, dwarfs most kids his age now, not fat at all though (see his pics on http://www.vydor.net/ ) just huge :) Built like my father realy.

- Vincent -

What a joyous post Vincent..your bible quote brought me to tears..your right..new meaning for you I'm sure.

so glad you have that sweet little one to celebrate his 3rd b/day as a happy healthy little tyke

hugs

judy

Judy in Southern CA

Guest BERNESES

Oh my gosh-I'm SO happy. That is wonderful news and there's only three people to you blame- you, your wife and God. Nice work on all three parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing Vincent.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

I am soooooo overjoyed for you Vincent! That is awesome!!!!!!

Hugs.

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Oh my goodness... That made me cry.

I'm so happy for all of you.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

I am so happy for all of you. But, especially happy for Timothy. Because of you being his parents never giving up, Timothy will now have a quality of life that every child should have. Take plenty of pics of his 3rd Birthday party. My favorite is still the one you are using now for your Avitar.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

Vincent,

Just checked out your webpage. Love looking at pictures! Timothy is adorable.

Monica

Thanks ! He loves having his picture taken currently!

- Vincent -

Hooray for little Tymber! God is so good! And way to go mom and dad to be diligent parents to help him get to this point!

Enjoy having a 3 year old red head. My red-headed son was so much fun at that age! Everyone started asking him at about that age, "where did you get that red hair?" and he would always say, "It's not red, it's orange!".

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Enjoy having a 3 year old red head. My red-headed son was so much fun at that age! Everyone started asking him at about that age, "where did you get that red hair?" and he would always say, "It's not red, it's orange!".

WHat I am about to say is gonna sound like a joke, but its a true story...

For a long while if you said "Where di he get that red hair from?" he would turn and look! I think he had heard it so much he thought it was his name....

Its AWLAYS the first question any one asks that meets him for the first time. Its a scream :D (Ive had nice asnwers like "the mail man" or "Walmart, asle 3" ...)

- Vincent -

It's great to hear that he's doing so well, and it must be such a wonder to have such a turnaround! Yay!

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

What an inspirational story!! This is wonderful to hear. Thanks for sharing. :)

Don't be afraid to reach for the moon. The worst that can happen is you'll miss and land among the stars.

Positive blood work

2 negative biopsies over 4 year period

Postive EnteroLab results

Lactose/Casein Intolerant

Gluten free since May 2006

Soy free since May 2007