This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New To This Topic....questions

tboss

tboss Newbie

After many years of thinking this was just IBS and it getting worse the last year, I was tested today for Celiac. Will know next week something, hopefully. I have a lot of constipation, but then followed by couple days of diarreah (mostly in the morning). Lots of cramping and bad pain. I also have had depression for a few years and I bruise unbelievably easy. Serious reflux for years. Trouble sleeping. Bloated my whole life. Lost at least 10 pounds this year and not trying at all (though that has been nice). My mother is not alive but always had lots of similar problems too.

What are your thoughts? Guess it could be either IBS or Celiac, right?

Those who have gone gluten free, do you end up gaining or losing weight?

What's the biggest differences you see? Do you intestinal symptoms completely

go away? What about reflux?

Thanks for any insight.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

samking72 Rookie

Sounds like Celiac. I went gluten free 2 months ago and have lost weigth to my surprise. I went from 135 to 125. I still feel like poop, it hasn't been that long. Don't get me wrong, I feel so so so much better, just not as good as I would like to feel. I went through (still) depression and anxiety attacks. Still very tired, sleep apnea adds to that though. Really bad joints, aside from the artritis. I've always thought of Celiac as party mix... You get a little of everything. It's so much fun. I get heartburn, ALOT. I'm also lactose intolerant, which sucks all in itself. The syptoms haven't gone away completely, just diluted a bit. Celiac is heretitary (sp?) and if you have it's likely that your mother did as well. For me, my sister has it and we're pretty sure our Father and younger sister do too. Hope I answered some of you questions. Keep in touch.

queenofhearts Explorer

It definitely sounds like Celiac is a possibility. Are you anemic? (The bruising would be a tip-off.) I had recurrant diarrhea, anemia, arthritis, & migraines for years but not until I developed liver damage did the docs figure out it was Celiac. All the pieces of the puzzle just fell together... I'll bet the same thing happens with you! Good luck, let us know about your diagnosis!

Leah

tboss Newbie

Thanks. I've had a really bad morning with diarreah, so I'll be glad to find out

what's going on so I can adjust accordingly.

SarMar1026 Newbie

Im very new to all of this, and honestly have only been gluten free for a few days, but the results are amazing! my blood sugar seems to be stablized much much better; im not nauseous all day long, its amazing how eliminating certain foods can clear up so much.

Archived