This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rachelville 2

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
Ok, I'm confused! So, these are all of Mitch's kids with his first wife, Mila, with you and Talitha??

Trying to get it all straight.

Chris, Calvin, Andrew, Nathan and Nick are the kids with his first wife Mila, yes. Amir is her son from after the split, and obviously Talitha and Micah are mine. We all actually get along pretty well. Of course, she'll probably be mad at us know because we refused to take out a loan for Andrew for college. We can't afford to make payments if something were to happen to him or his ability to pay. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

:lol: Hi everyone! :D

Today is the big day I've been talking about for weeks...going Rock Climbing....a little nervous about it though. Hope I dont hurt myself. Oh yeah...hope I dont hurt The Dave either. :lol:

Just spent a few (haha) minutes reading this. I love this site and all the communication. I am so glad I found this place and Rachelville seems like an awesome place.

Hi Jenny! Welcome to Rachelville. :D

You know what would be so much fun? If we all got together for a big Rachelville party and go roller skating. I think that would be a blast.

OMG...that would be really fun! All this talk about skating is making me really miss it. Last time I went I was trying to do some of the stuff I used to do in competition...some of the jumps...for some reason its totally scary to me now. :blink: I also fell and hurt my back....somehow everything seems alot harder now that I'm not a teenager. <_<

I kind of backed off on the jumps after that. :rolleyes:

I do still know how to backward skate and I can still "rex"....which is my favorite. Anyone know what "rexing" is??

It's part of my mysteriousness :D

:lol::lol::lol: Mysteriousness??? :lol::lol::lol:

Puleeeeeze :rolleyes:

Yea I Rachel pants/shirts/brands too, gotta find the ones that are comfy!

He's not lying...he does Rachel the heck out of his shirts. He was telling me last night how scary it was for him when his favorite shirts were being discontinued. He totally Racheled them....traveled to every Nordstrom trying to get as many as he could. :lol:

hmm, you set yourself up for this one....did nobody else notice it? I didn't think you were that easy :lol:

ROFL

Nooooooo....I meant to say that I take off the "skirt thingy" and then put on Jeans!!

Shheeeesh... :rolleyes:

And shirts/hats, etc. :rolleyes:

Yeah...I do Rachel my hats...for sure. I have a HUGE hat collection. :D

Or Seven's, Diesel's, True Religion, Chip and Pepper, Citizens of Humanity... the $200 jeans crisis is crazy!

My favorite jeans are Abercrombie....love love love them!! Especially the ones with the holes in em! :)

"Friends".....ok....my favorite is Phoebe and then Joey. They both crack me up...Ross cracks me up too though....hmmmm....its so hard to pick. I gotta say Phoebe though....for sure. :D

smelly cat...smelly cat.... :lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
I also liked the one where Ross whitened his teeth and they were so white they glowed in the dark :lol:

Also, when they all went to that conference for Ross in the Bahamas (or somewhere tropical??) and Monica's hair got all frizzy and she was going crazy over the ping pong competition.

Yes--those were so funny, too! :lol:

There are so many of them that come to mind :D

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Hi Guys:

Love all the new pictures! I am somewhat lost so help me become clear:

Morgan is Carla's daughter? Does she also have celiac?

Dave appears to know Rachel but I am unclear about how?

Tinkerbell: Could you be in charge of taking all of the children on night flights making sure the purple bats leave them alone.

Or you could read the here ye here ye stuff before it becomes law, maybe have a big blow horn and you could stand in front of the town entrance and hollar out the few rules that we have!

I was thinking this morning about the new things I have been doing the last few weeks:

I went to my first real baseball game (little league with my son doesn't count),

I went to Hot August Nights in Reno,

Last weekend I went on a tube on the back of a boat. I have had so much fun! This weekend is not full of firsts, I am going to my mom's and we are going to eat at the Outback, but I will enjoy spending time with her.

Now I have decided to make a list of a few of the things I want to do: :D:D:D

Go snowskiing

Go parachuting (holding onto a big hunk of a man) :D:D:D

Whitewater rafting

See the Grand Canyon

Take dancing lessons and then cut a rug

Take an airplane ride

Save $5,000.00 and just shop and shop and shop all for myself!

Make friends and have a slumber party

rock climbing but unlike you Rachel I want to climb a small rock :D

hmmm I'll have to think of more :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you think it sounds too foolish? <_<<_<<_<<_<

Hi Rachel: I see you! I always seem to miss our little miss Dingo Susan

AndreaB Contributor
Hi Guys:

Love all the new pictures! I am somewhat lost so help me become clear:

Morgan is Carla's daughter? Does she also have celiac?

Morgan is probably gluten intolerant or gluten allergic as she feels better gluten free.

Dave is Rachels friend not boss. :P

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Ok.. I will be a swimming instructor.. and town crier! lol Thanks Rikki!

Hear ye, Hear ye...........

angel-jd1 Community Regular

I have also been wondering the same thing!! Thanks for asking. I thought maybe he was just the town hunk that the girls swoon over :P Seems that all the girls on here really LOVE :wub: when he shows up online. They all rush to their computers........ha Is the Dave gluten free?

Must find out more about this secret agent man :P

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rikki Tikki Explorer
Morgan is probably gluten intolerant or gluten allergic as she feels better gluten free.

Dave is Rachels friend not boss. :P

Ok Thanks Andrea. Your family is growing so fast! :D I miss a few days and there was a population explosion!!! :D:D:D:D

Green12 Enthusiast
I have also been wondering the same thing!! Thanks for asking. I thought maybe he was just the town hunk that the girls swoon over :P Seems that all the girls on here really LOVE :wub: when he shows up online. They all rush to their computers........ha Is the Dave gluten free?

:lol::lol: Jessica

We here in Rachelville swoon over all our men, Picard, Ryan, Mitch, Tony, our cop, and of course The Dave ( I am missing the other hubbies, drawing a blank) someone help me out.....

Wait! Do we have 2 Stephanies now?? We have 2 Susans, Susie Q and Susan W......

Hi Tavi!!

AndreaB Contributor

Nope the Dave is NOT gluten free. He must go through the decontamination chamber whenever he visits.

Rikki Tikki Explorer
Ok.. I will be a swimming instructor.. and town crier! lol Thanks Rikki!

Hear ye, Hear ye...........

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

HI JULIE I SEE YOU!!! :D

angel-jd1 Community Regular
Nope the Dave is NOT gluten free. He must go through the decontamination chamber whenever he visits.

Well that that DEFINATELY takes him out of the running for "town hottie" :P No gluten eaters can be my poster boy.

AndreaB Contributor
:lol::lol: Jessica

We here in Rachelville swoon over all our men, Picard, Ryan, Mitch, Tony, our cop, and of course The Dave ( I am missing the other hubbies, drawing a blank) someone help me out.....

Wait! Do we have 2 Stephanies now?? We have 2 Susans, Susie Q and Susan W

Hi Tavi!!

Yes, we swarm to all the men that come and live in Rachelville. They are so few and far between.

I don't think there are to Stephanies.....did I miss someone? :o

There is also Vincent...but he hasn't been to the subdivision. Other hubbies Adam, Lynne's Dave, Jim (was that Lisa's hubby?).

Green12 Enthusiast
Yes, we swarm to all the men that come and live in Rachelville. They are so few and far between.

I don't think there are to Stephanies.....did I miss someone? :o

There is also Vincent...but he hasn't been to the subdivision. Other hubbies Adam, Lynne's Dave, Jim (was that Lisa's hubby?).

OMG, how could I have ever forgotten Vincent!! Also Cissie's hubby, and rinne's sweetie, but they haven't visited the subdivision much either........

Well that that DEFINATELY takes him out of the running for "town hottie" :P No gluten eaters can be my poster boy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Miamia...I see you! :P

Green12 Enthusiast
Today is the big day I've been talking about for weeks...going Rock Climbing....a little nervous about it though. Hope I dont hurt myself. Oh yeah...hope I dont hurt The Dave either. :lol:

OMG...that would be really fun! All this talk about skating is making me really miss it. Last time I went I was trying to do some of the stuff I used to do in competition...some of the jumps...for some reason its totally scary to me now. :blink: I also fell and hurt my back....somehow everything seems alot harder now that I'm not a teenager. <_<

I kind of backed off on the jumps after that. :rolleyes:

I do still know how to backward skate and I can still "rex"....which is my favorite. Anyone know what "rexing" is??

"Friends".....ok....my favorite is Phoebe and then Joey. They both crack me up...Ross cracks me up too though....hmmmm....its so hard to pick. I gotta say Phoebe though....for sure. :D

smelly cat...smelly cat.... :lol::lol:

Rachel, how exciting about the rock climbing! Have fun, and tell us all about when you get back.

I don't know what rexing is, you will have to give us all lessons when we go roller skating :lol:

Smelly Cat :lol: I like Phoebe too, but Joey is just my favorite.

I was thinking this morning about the new things I have been doing the last few weeks:

I went to my first real baseball game (little league with my son doesn't count),

I went to Hot August Nights in Reno,

Last weekend I went on a tube on the back of a boat. I have had so much fun! This weekend is not full of firsts, I am going to my mom's and we are going to eat at the Outback, but I will enjoy spending time with her.

Now I have decided to make a list of a few of the things I want to do: :D:D:D

Go snowskiing

Go parachuting (holding onto a big hunk of a man) :D:D:D

Whitewater rafting

See the Grand Canyon

Take dancing lessons and then cut a rug

Take an airplane ride

Save $5,000.00 and just shop and shop and shop all for myself!

Make friends and have a slumber party

rock climbing but unlike you Rachel I want to climb a small rock :D

hmmm I'll have to think of more :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you think it sounds too foolish? <_<<_<<_<<_<

Tavi!! Not foolish at all, I think you have a great idea making a list of 'to do' things! And it's a great list you have, I hope you accomplish all of them :)

I want to do the same thing, I have been sick soooo long and have missed out on so much- there are so many things that I haven't done that I want to do, people to meet, places to see :lol: So, I'll make my own list too.

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Ok, Julie: Make your list, and everyone can make lists and we can compare and then maybe meet up and take a trip! I am game for it!!!! :D:D:D

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

I do believe there are two Stephanies board.. as I am one and I think there is another one.

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Forgot to say welcome Tinkerbell Stephanie!

Be sure to put your new jobs at Rachelville in your signature in red so we know it's you wherever you go! Then you can always find your way home to us, it's kind of like leaving a lit candle in the window, you can always find your way home.. :D:D:D And we can always look out for each other and keep those little bats and gluten away!

swittenauer Enthusiast
OMG, how could I have ever forgotten Vincent!! Also Cissie's hubby, and rinne's sweetie, but they haven't visited the subdivision much either........

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is also my husband Bill. He visits quite often but never speaks. Ha! I am his spokesperson.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Yes we are all waiting for you to safely return from your excursion. Please update when able. :P

We'll also be looking for your lavendar picture this weekend. :P And then you skating picture the following weekend. :P

Better look at my picture of the whole family, including Mitch's ex because I'll be figuring out what else to put up tomorrow probably.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I am gluten intolerant, tested by Enterolab. I have two genes (I almost wrote "jeans" LOL), for gluten intolerance and the autoimmune reaction. Since Morgan is my daughter, we know she had at least one gene for gluten intolerance, but she has not been tested. Since going gluten-free, her allergies have gone away, she is less-bloated, and doesn't get bags under her eyes anymore (sorry Morgan!). Yesterday we both seemed to have gotten a mild "glutening" so now that she's off gluten, she seems to be getting a reaction now when she eats it. At some point in the near future she is going to go on a gluten challenge for a couple days to see if she reacts, then we'll consider that her test. With six kids, it's a little pricey to get them all tested at Enterolab :blink:

swittenauer Enthusiast
Rachel,

Yes we are all waiting for you to safely return from your excursion. Please update when able. :P

We'll also be looking for your lavendar picture this weekend. :P And then you skating picture the following weekend. :P

Better look at my picture of the whole family, including Mitch's ex because I'll be figuring out what else to put up tomorrow probably.

Now you guys have me wanting to show off my pictures. Ha! I just had to change it again.

Jean-Luc Rookie
With six kids,

Oh my! I finally got that! I thought you had two daughters! One son so far is enough, nevermind the daughter due in December.

Drive-by posting - I might have missed something.

Rachel -- have fun!

Tinkerbell and jennyj - welcome to the board.

For those wondering --- I am not gluten free yet --- darn doctors -- more testing to go. So, still have the same issues as previous posts. Yes, I did feel better on the gluten-free diet but, my family hx as previousy posted requires I get all the testing done. Hopefully done and over with by the end of September.

morganb Newbie
Forgot to say welcome Tinkerbell Stephanie!

Be sure to put your new jobs at Rachelville in your signature in red so we know it's you wherever you go! Then you can always find your way home to us, it's kind of like leaving a lit candle in the window, you can always find your way home.. :D:D:D And we can always look out for each other and keep those little bats and gluten away!

Hmmm, I don't know how to put my job in red :unsure: How do I do that?

And I'm just warning everyone....I am randomly getting caught up. I'll read groups of random pages, read the pages backwards, etc. so beware :rolleyes:

I am gluten intolerant, tested by Enterolab. I have two genes (I almost wrote "jeans" LOL), for gluten intolerance and the autoimmune reaction. Since Morgan is my daughter, we know she had at least one gene for gluten intolerance, but she has not been tested. Since going gluten-free, her allergies have gone away, she is less-bloated, and doesn't get bags under her eyes anymore (sorry Morgan!). Yesterday we both seemed to have gotten a mild "glutening" so now that she's off gluten, she seems to be getting a reaction now when she eats it. At some point in the near future she is going to go on a gluten challenge for a couple days to see if she reacts, then we'll consider that her test. With six kids, it's a little pricey to get them all tested at Enterolab :blink:

Yes I decided to do this as soon as I'm dairy free for a couple weeks....so that will give me time to get in the college life before I have the possibility of being sick <_<

Archived