This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rachelville 2

Rachel--24

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie,

I tested low allergic for gliadin foods and have also cut them out....except for the millet flour for the bread....but I don't have that much. Usually if we have french toast.

I wish we could find a good bread without all the allergens in it, other than the oh so fabulous EnerG bread :lol:

Andrea, I LOVE the new picture of Seth, how adorable is my little King!!!!

Update............I got the job!! :D

Congratulations Jessica, great news :):)

:lol::lol::lol:

:o:o:o so scary indeed......

Susie Q!!! What? A drive by post?? What is the world coming to.........

We need the dingos to go out searching for our lost Rachelvillians :lol:

I have successfully eaten well today B):D Now all I need to do is refrain from eating the dough of the cookies which I am about to make :blink: The cookies are for tomorrow, but I need to make them today since they take three hours to bake <_<

Good job Morgan! Down the line you could make cookies with mashed fruit, maybe a little raw honey or pure maple syrup and it would be a way to have something a little sweet without having refined sugars. Just a thought :)

I'll be in there in a minute to taunt you ... I'll stick my fingers in the meringue, then say how yummy it is, then I'll eat a few more chocolate chips in front of you -- hee, hee.

We are going to have to have a mother/daughter intervention you two!! Carla you go to one corner of the room, Morgan you to the other...and behave!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
Update............I got the job!! :D

Yippee! Congratulations! :D

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Rachel:

Silly I am not the vet ;););) I am the tumbleweed girl, official bum and leaf sweeper and corn shucker!!

Where or where is Susan and her dingo's. Gone for a few days and the place goes to dust!

angel-jd1 Community Regular
Congratulations Jessica, great news :):)

Yippee! Congratulations! :D

Thanks girls..........thanks to everybody who "said a little prayer" :)

It worked!!

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

I will never be able to catch up....but Morgan, why cutting out sugar??

I'm just curious. I saw the GI today (see post under pre-diagnosis) and he put me on a "no table sugar" diet. He gave me a whole list of things I should avoid, due to the oh-so-lovely ibs issue. But, I won't discuss that here.... just curious about the sugar thing.

And, Jessica!! Good news about the job!! I'm trying to find out what you are now doing...but can't locate the post!!!

flagbabyds Collaborator
Molly, quien es el hottie?? :lol::lol:

Sorry, no hablo mucho espanol, much to the bf's disappointment.

Who is he and can you bring him to Rachelville? :lol:

lo siento el vive en argentina he is married to the cutest woman ever and they were dating for 5 years at camp and last year they finally were engaged and then this year their engagement bands changed to wedding rings, they are so perfect for eachother, he also took me to the hospital when i re-tore my quad at camp, and doesn't speak english, but knows all the words to No Such Thing by John Mayer and he sang along...

I agree he is very cute though!

I also beat him in an eating contest 9 pieces of steak for me 7 for him! and he's not small

And, Jessica!! Good news about the job!! I'm trying to find out what you are now doing...but can't locate the post!!!

Kindergarten Teacher :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

congratulations...i taught kg for many years your going to love it.

judy

judy

Thanks Judy. I was the Director of a Pre-school program for low income kiddoes last year. Teaching little ones is a very rewarding job. I LOVE IT!! :wub:

TheDave Newbie

Just a trophy??? Trophy's are an excellent prize! I've gotten the tiniest trophies....some for 3rd place even but they still meant the world to me and I displayed them proudly in my room. :D

I've never gotten cash for anything...just little trophies, ribbons, t-shirts...stuff like that. I have alot of softball t-shirts cuz thats what they pass out to the winning team.

I'm kind of embarrassed to ask this but what exactly is drag racing? What are you racing in and where....on a track?? :unsure:

Rachel still has all the trophies in her room....like she's 10.... :D

And drag racing.... there are different kinds. There is the kind where you can bring your daily driver car, and run heads up (fastest car wins), or bracket.

Bracket is if my car runs 13.7 seconds in the 1/4 mile, and another guy runs 14 seconds, he leaves .3 seconds before me. Theoretically we should pass the finish line at the same time. Bottom line, whoever gets closest to their dialed in time wins. If I dial in at 13.7 and hit 13.8, i bust...and lose. If I hit 13.68 and he hits 13.9, I win, he's .1 off and I'm only .02 off our "dial in" times.

Hope that all makes sense. There are also people who run "tubbed" out cars or really "suped up" street cars that might not be street legal (engine modifications/slicks/exhaust, etc)

On top of that there are like full blown John Force alcohol dragsters that can get upwards of 300mph within 4 seconds..... :o

Yep. Connor on the left is almost blonde and Daniel is dark haired. Connor has blue eyes and Daniel has hazel/green eyes...... They are as different as night and day. Unbelievable, eh?

They are really cute! ;)

:lol: I don't exactly know what drag racing is either, I am thinking the smaller cars, go-cart thingys, and you drive really fast??

Drag racing is a straight line really fast! B)

Here is a link to where we race. Open Original Shared Link

It is a place where you can race dragsters - those long pointy cars or you can race a regular race car. Unlike Bill, I race trophy & so does his dad. Some people race souped up cars but I race my Mustang Convertible that I also drive to work. It is an 1/8 mile track & it is bracket racing so the slower cars leave before the faster cars & therefore theoretically you should arrive at the same time.

It is not scary at all. I don't go fast enough in my car to have to wear a helmet. I just buckle in & go. Bill, on the other hand, has to wear this fireproof jacket & helmet & has roll bars & such like a regular race car you in Nascar races. It is really a alot of fun.

It seems like the time of day here in KY that I get on here everyone else must be asleep or something.

What times do you run in the 1/8 and what year is your 'stang? I'm on my 3rd, 03 GT Vert, triple black.

I have to clarify that is is not OUR restort in that we don't own it. We call it that since it was so small and intimate we felt we were there by ourselves.

And you were about to be my new best friend..... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Thanks....I'm definately no angel but its nice that I can *look* like one once in awhile. :lol: I think its been awhile since I've gotten dressed up for anything....its pretty much been hats and jeans for me lately. :rolleyes:

ohhh gaaaawwwwd, Angel and Rachel in same sentence :rolleyes:

j/k ;)

The Dave thinks I look better all grubby with a hat on....yogurt and milk stains all over my apron and dirty kneepads at work. :huh:

Not your typical guy. :lol:

I don't really like the milk and yogurt stains, but I don't mind jeans/t-shirt/hat vs. perfectly "girly" everyday, afraid to break a nail :rolleyes:

Shoot.........totally forgot about the rock climbing thing. Maybe a moat haha......that would be silly.....an island with a moat? LOL :lol:

:ph34r: She has a jet ski too! :lol:

I must have learned young....my Mom says I was always belching when I was younger and apparantly she didnt like it very much. :lol:

Of course I have no memory of this. ;)

:ph34r: I can't imagine you burping..... :blink: but it would "fit in" to the whole "yogurt/milk stain" thing you have going on ;) Attractive...... alien baby and all :lol:

My husband was quite shocked when we got married. He didn't know that girls belched or passed gas. :lol: Then he married an undiagnosed gluten-intolerant!!!! :rolleyes: I used to be able to outbelch anyone, but didn't, too embarrassed ... but hubby would always vouch for me that I could do better than whoever was challenging me. Now, I couldn't belch if I tried ... no wheat, no gas.

:ph34r: Good thing you didn't actually do it in public/contest! Haha, my tiny ex-girlfriend used to always pass gas right when we got in the checkout lane at the grocery store..... Everyone would look at me like I did it....just cuz I'm kind of a bigger guy :angry: ...... so to get her back, I would speak loudly and say "Michelle, geez, that one was really bad, what did you eat?" :lol: She turned RED everytime.....hehe

btw-where is our Village Idiot? The Dave-I love your puppies!!!!!!!!!

The idiot is here.... surprisingly he didn't get lost or anything! Thanks about the puppies...they're really fun...and dorky!

Good morning everyone :D I'm off to start my sugarless day :blink::huh:

:huh: Why would you do that! hehe, good luck!

Thanks Judy. I was the Director of a Pre-school program for low income kiddoes last year. Teaching little ones is a very rewarding job. I LOVE IT!! :wub:

Congrats on the job, sounds awesome....keep us posted! :)

debmidge Rising Star

Good luck Jessica (on new position)!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Molly, quien es el hottie?? :lol::lol:

Who is he and can you bring him to Rachelville? :lol:

ROFL

:lol::lol:

Julie's always trying to recruit the hotties...

judy

Judy...I didnt know this. I can totally see you as a kg teacher!! Also, I love the new pic. :)

YAY Jessica!!!!! I'm so happy for you....when do you start??

Rachel still has all the trophies in her room....like she's 10.... :D

haha....actually I dont...but if you'd ever actually seen my room you would know that. ;)

:ph34r: She has a jet ski too! :lol:

Oh yeah....forgot about this...I could totally go through the moat thats around Jessic'a island which is surrounded by water anyway. :huh:

:ph34r: I can't imagine you burping..... :blink: but it would "fit in" to the whole "yogurt/milk stain" thing you have going on ;) Attractive...... alien baby and all :lol:

Yeah....I'm a mess arent I!!!

YAY Jessica!!!!! I'm so happy for you....when do you start??

Oh yeah....forgot about this...I could totally go through the moat thats around Jessic'a island which is surrounded by water anyway. :huh:

I start soon........not sure on a date yet. I should hear today for sure. Soon because my class is already in school :blink::o

As for the Jet-ski....................well crud!! However, it does sound fun. :P

-Jessica :rolleyes:

queenofhearts Explorer

Hello everybody--

Congratulations, Jessica! You have one of the most important jobs in the world.

How's the sugarless life, Morgan?

Adorable picture, Andrea!

Have you started school, Molly?

Leah

CarlaB Enthusiast
campamento no campo, campo es country.

si fue un campamento de espanol es el mejor pais en el mundo me encata! recibi un ano del credito para 4 semanas. y 190 horas del espanol.

Ah, lo siento, hace muchos anos que no hablo epanol, hace mas de veinte anos!!

penguin Community Regular

Congrats! We need more energetic people like you!

In other news:

Gluten makes me bloat! I lost 3 lbs in my first day gluten-free. :blink:

Hopefully the other 27 lbs. come off just as easily!!!

How is everyone today?

CarlaB Enthusiast
We are going to have to have a mother/daughter intervention you two!! Carla you go to one corner of the room, Morgan you to the other...and behave!!

We haven't behaved since we were roomies for her last few months of high school when the rest of the family moved to Ohio and she and I shared a very small apt. :lol:

Congratulations!

Congrats! We need more energetic people like you!

In other news:

How is everyone today?

I figured it'd come off as easily as it went on!! Plus, when you'd post what all you were eating, it seemed like you were on your last gluten-fling!! You probably won't eat as much now, too!! I gained 60 pounds when I was pregnant with Morgan, by the six week checkup, I had lost 50 without dieting (she was over 9 of it) -- all bloat!!

:huh: Why would you do that! hehe, good luck!

She only planned on it for one day, it wasn't a permanent change ... I think it was just because she's eaten SO MUCH of it lately! She made more meringue cookies last night to take to college with her. She'll gain the freshman 10 before she even gets there!! :D

Green12 Enthusiast

How is everyone today?

That's great news Chelse! I think the rest of it will come off easily too.

Hey your cat looks like a penguin......or your penguin looks like a cat :lol:

queenofhearts Explorer
Hey your cat looks like a penguin......or your penguin looks like a cat :lol:

Had to hit refresh to see what that was all about. How perfect for you!

Green12 Enthusiast
ROFL

Julie's always trying to recruit the hotties...

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

Jessica.... maybe you can help me! =)

I'm actually homeschooling my daughter this year. She should be in kindergarten. But, due to her TINY stature - and a whole wealth of other issues, we've decided to hold her back this year and give her a chance to heal and grow. (Plus..... she's a late birthday) The K teachers, as well as her pediatrician (and us) all decided jointly that she wasn't ready this year.

I teach 2nd grade religion classes... and I LOVE teaching. I believe it was my "calling" --- but my husband and I started our family before we were "really" ready, and I ended up dropping out of college. :(

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I'm actually homeschooling my daughter this year. She should be in kindergarten. But, due to her TINY stature - and a whole wealth of other issues, we've decided to hold her back this year and give her a chance to heal and grow. (Plus..... she's a late birthday) The K teachers, as well as her pediatrician (and us) all decided jointly that she wasn't ready this year.

I teach 2nd grade religion classes... and I LOVE teaching. I believe it was my "calling" --- but my husband and I started our family before we were "really" ready, and I ended up dropping out of college. :(

Hi Jayhawkmom:

This site should help you:

Open Original Shared Link

They have a forum specifically for homeschooling and the moms on this site are awesome. I have belonged there for years (although not in the homeschooling section.)......

Hugs.

Karen

AndreaB Contributor

How is everyone today?

I suspect the majority, if not all your weight, will come off quickly.

Is your picture a cat dressed like a penuin, or a penquin dressed like a cat?

penguin Community Regular
I suspect the majority, if not all your weight, will come off quickly.

Is your picture a cat dressed like a penuin, or a penquin dressed like a cat?

It's a tran-species cat. :lol:

Goodness you are a brave woman to homeschool!! So are you going to homeschool and then send her to K next year? Or on to first?

It is never too late to go back to school. So many universities offer many of their classes online. Emporia State (great teaching school) even has a branch up in KC just for their teachers!!! GO FOR IT!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Archived