This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rachelville 2

Rachel--24

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Congrats on your new job Jessica!

A couple of years ago, my older son (Walker) asked me if there was such a thing as superheroes. I said yes. He said who. I said: teachers, doctors, nurses, firefighters, police officers...

Then he said I meant like Spiderman. Oh, then no.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Gluten makes me bloat! I lost 3 lbs in my first day gluten-free. :blink:

Hopefully the other 27 lbs. come off just as easily!!!

Cool!

Like everyone said...all that weight is just gonna come right off now. YAY for gluten-free!! :D

A couple of years ago, my older son (Walker) asked me if there was such a thing as superheroes. I said yes. He said who. I said: teachers, doctors, nurses, firefighters, police officers...

Then he said I meant like Spiderman. Oh, then no.

:lol::lol:

Cute pic by the way...

Everyone's putting up such cute pics....I'm gonna have to refresh now to see Chelse's cat/penguin. Wondering what thats all about. :unsure:

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
I'm gonna have to refresh now to see Chelse's cat/penguin. Wondering what thats all about. :unsure:

It's hysterical! I love it! I can't look away. A penguin with a cat head. :blink:

AndreaB Contributor

Is there such a thing as brain fog for no reason?

Last night I got the kids their dinner and had mine in the oven, with the oven off, so it would keep warm. Since we ran errands yesterday, Seth didn't get his full afternoon nap because he fell asleep about 20 minutes from home. Fed him his dinner and then fed him again an hour later to get him to bed (an hour ealier than normal). Got all the kids in bed and came back out to the computer. About 9:30 I started thinking "I'm hungry" so I grabbed a Lara bar. Mitch got home around 10 or so. About 10:30 I told him I was hungry and didn't know why since I had had dinner about 4 hours before.

I went to bed around 12 and was laying there doing my mental check....oven/stove off......did I even eat dinner. I don't remember getting the spaghetti out of the oven. I got out of bed and went to the oven and there was my plate of spaghetti. :o NO WONDER I WAS SO HUNGRY! I grabbed a snack and will have the spaghetti (crunchy as it may be) in a little bit. :unsure: I still haven't eaten today. :ph34r:

Just thought I'd rely an amusing story. Now you all know why I appreciate that my wonderful hubby makes sure I get food on the weekend. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:lol:

How funny Andrea. I've done the same thing...lots of times.

I dont go hungry though...I end up making something else....forgetting that I've already made something. :huh:

I'll end up finding my food in the microwave later on..."umm...oh yeah...forgot about that". :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor
:lol:

How funny Andrea. I've done the same thing...lots of times.

I dont go hungry though...I end up making something else....forgetting that I've already made something. :huh:

I'll end up finding my food in the microwave later on..."umm...oh yeah...forgot about that". :ph34r:

Rachel,

:lol::lol::ph34r:

With the night I had last night....if I hadn't had any leftovers I would have told the kids to have cereal. We are out of bread....something I'm supposed to make today. :unsure:

queenofhearts Explorer

I've done similar things myself... well, just yesterday I left my hubby's dinner in the microwave-- he was running late for dinner so I popped it in there to keep warm while son & I ate, then we cleaned up, still no dh & I was on to other things-- husband finally called to say he wanted to go by the gym before dinner-- YIKES! His dinner was still in there, I'd totally forgotten it. If he hadn't called just then we'd have had to scrap it. (It had chicken in it & I've been down the food-poisoning road recently so don't take chances.)

But if it's MY dinner, no way would I forget it! My tummy just complains way too much if I don't eat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Off to get the baby down for a nap, get my shower and get me some food.

Hi Patti!

Rachel,

I know your lunch time will be over soon so I'll see you sometime after work. :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Last night I got the kids their dinner and had mine in the oven, with the oven off, so it would keep warm. Since we ran errands yesterday, Seth didn't get his full afternoon nap because he fell asleep about 20 minutes from home. Fed him his dinner and then fed him again an hour later to get him to bed (an hour ealier than normal). Got all the kids in bed and came back out to the computer. About 9:30 I started thinking "I'm hungry" so I grabbed a Lara bar. Mitch got home around 10 or so. About 10:30 I told him I was hungry and didn't know why since I had had dinner about 4 hours before.

I went to bed around 12 and was laying there doing my mental check....oven/stove off......did I even eat dinner. I don't remember getting the spaghetti out of the oven. I got out of bed and went to the oven and there was my plate of spaghetti. :o NO WONDER I WAS SO HUNGRY! I grabbed a snack and will have the spaghetti (crunchy as it may be) in a little bit. :unsure: I still haven't eaten today. :ph34r:

Just thought I'd rely an amusing story. Now you all know why I appreciate that my wonderful hubby makes sure I get food on the weekend. :P

:lol: Andrea

I think in your situation it's called Mommy fog, or something like that. My SIL is in the same boat, juggling three kids. You guys take care of eveyone else first, most of the time going without. Glad Mitch is there to make sure you eat, he's a good hubby :)

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Let me preface this by saying that I don't have celiac, and Ty hadn't been diagnosed when this happened, so I had never heard of brain fog.

We had gone over to my MIL's house very briefly to drop something off before we continued with errands. It was in the summer, so my husband was at work, it was just me and the boys. I told my MIL what our errands were and said we'd best get on our way. We did most of the errands, then we got to Costco and I turned around and said to the boys, "Okay we're here. Why are we here? What are we supposed to get?" They both had no idea, so I got on the cell phone and called my MIL. She answered and I said, "I'm in the parking lot of Costco. Why am I here?" She just about bust a gut laughing and said she had no idea why I was there. We ended up going in, grabbing a cart and walking up and down every aisle until I figured out why I was there. It was for a special Sept - Dec 16 month organizing calendar. They sell out really quickly so I always get it in July.

Also, I sometimes start to ask someone a question and it just falls right out of my head. I have no idea what the rest of my question was. :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor
We did most of the errands, then we got to Costco and I turned around and said to the boys, "Okay we're here. Why are we here? What are we supposed to get?" They both had no idea, so I got on the cell phone and called my MIL. She answered and I said, "I'm in the parking lot of Costco. Why am I here?" She just about bust a gut laughing and said she had no idea why I was there.

:lol::lol:

Don't you hate that!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Pretty quiet in here tonight. :unsure:

I'm going to bed early again....I ate a pint of store bought ice cream. It was really good but sheeesh...I had told myself no more ice cream for awhile. That was only a few days ago. :rolleyes:

I hope Morgan is having better luck with her sugar free diet. :)

As some of you know...my mom reads the posts pretty regularly. So yesterday I'm finishing off a jar of applesauce and she walks in the room stares at me and says.... "I think you're "Racheling" that applesauce...what do you think?" :blink:

Now she says she notices I'm Racheling everything. :ph34r:

Tonight I went to Whole Foods....I was looking at all the gluten-free Bakehouse goodies....even though I cant eat them I always have to stare at everything. I dunno...I guess I enjoy torturing myself. :rolleyes: I'm always checking to see if they've come out with anything new...so far nothing. I wonder why they dont start making more stuff?? I think they should. I think they should make donuts....so that I could go and stare at them. :lol:

Anyways....there was a guy there who was asking what stuff was good...I've only tried a few items and they've all been good. They taste just as good as the gluteney food....biggest diference is the hefty price tag attached to them. <_<

He said his sister just got diagnosed with this weird "Celiac " thing. :lol:

Now she has to eat gluten-free and its pretty new to them....only one week into it. I helped him out with some cereals and directed him to this site for more info. I figure she must have been diagnosed by a decent doctor because he said that the doc told him to get tested even though he has no symptoms. I always get happy when I hear stuff like that. :)

He sais his sister is pretty sick right now...I thought it was really sweet of him to be shopping for her and trying to learn about Celiac.

It seems like I've run into alot of Celiacs or people shopping for someone with Celiac at the grocery stores...hopefully this means awareness is growing. :)

Dont know if anyones reading tonight...the place seems pretty deserted....tumbleweeds are taking over. :unsure:

G'nite to anyone who might be hangin' around. B)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I hope Morgan is having better luck with her sugar free diet. :)

Morgan's goal was one day ... she made her goal! She's off to college now ... :(

Jessica.... maybe you can help me! =)

I'm actually homeschooling my daughter this year. She should be in kindergarten. But, due to her TINY stature - and a whole wealth of other issues, we've decided to hold her back this year and give her a chance to heal and grow. (Plus..... she's a late birthday) The K teachers, as well as her pediatrician (and us) all decided jointly that she wasn't ready this year.

I teach 2nd grade religion classes... and I LOVE teaching. I believe it was my "calling" --- but my husband and I started our family before we were "really" ready, and I ended up dropping out of college. :(

I homeschooled my kids for ten years ... I'm happy to answer any questions about it ... Morgan (on this board) is my daughter and only went to school for a couple years in high school.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Morgan's goal was one day ... she made her goal! She's off to college now ... :(

Awww.....you must be missing her already. :(

She was only going off sugar for one day?? :unsure:

For some reason I thought it was gonna be longer than that.

2kids4me Contributor

We are having a fun week here... have a cousin visiting and have introduced him to the world of gluten-free. He is great as his sister has food allergies so its no big deal to eat gluten-free. he gave thumbs up to my gluten-free smores - I make crispy rice squares, press them fairly thin, use them like you would a graham cracker, add the marshmallow (9 secs on high in microwave), the caramilk and voila - gluten-free smores. He liked them better than the "regular ones". :D

We made homemade pizza and he liked it better than wheat pizza too.

Maybe he is sucking up cause I busted the two boys earlier this week... cousin showed my son how to set up his own website - they never counted on me checking it out...was a site for 13 -17 yr olds and to check in they had to lie about the year they were born to sign in... lets just say the websites no longer exist :o

His mom phoned today to talk to him about it... :o

He actually said - oh, um, Mom said I should do it, to not put real info on the internet that could identify me ...I said : uh huh, like she meant that you should lie about the year you were born to enter a site underage... then he looked at me and he kinda got this worried expression.. I then told him, yes I still plan to tell your mother.. he hung his head and walked away...............BUSTED

CarlaB Enthusiast

No, she just wanted to do it for one day. I think she just felt bad for all the sugar she ate in North Carolina and the meringues she devoured when we got back. She always feels better when she eats healthy, so I sense this is just the beginning of getting back to less junk food.

We JUST got back from dropping her off ... I'll miss her in about five minutes! :) I'm so used to her going over there for work a few days per week, it will take some time for me to really realize she's over there for more than a couple days! It's tough having them grow up! Especially when they're so sweet.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
We made homemade pizza and he liked it better than wheat pizza too.

Maybe he is sucking up cause I busted the two boys earlier this week... cousin showed my son how to set up his own website - they never counted on me checking it out...was a site for 13 -17 yr olds and to check in they had to lie about the year they were born to sign in... lets just say the websites no longer exist :o

Yeah....me thinks he's gonna be LOVING all of your gluten-free cooking....soooo BUSTED. :lol:

Daxin Explorer

Good morning Racelville.

Hope everyone is well this morning.

Carla -- I'm sure Morgan will miss you all just as much as you are missing her.

Penguin -- LOVE the new avatar. It's the cutest bird/cat I've ever seen!! :D

Off to work. Talk to you all soon.

queenofhearts Explorer

Oh, I know you're missing her... one of mine is off this week too, but at least his school is near enough for visits. The faraway one doesn't leave until September, so I have some time before the house goes dead silent...

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, I see Morgan must be really busy ... she didn't even post here!!! :D On the one hand it's exciting to see the fruit of the years you spent raising a child, and see them moving on to their more independent life. On the other, it's sad to see them grow up. And, am I really this OLD????

She's about three hours away. When we moved, I decided to keep going to the same salon that I've gone to for years, the one where Morgan works, and is near IU ... so I'll see her every four to six weeks!! :P If she weren't going to school there, I would have found someone here to do my hair!! :D

Morgan, did you find out how to get your food? (When I left her, she didn't know how to get her already paid for food ... neither did her rooommate!).

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

You guys are sending kids off to college.... and here I am, celebrating my son's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!

My little guy will be 'officially' 1 at 10:48!!

My boss took her daughter to college yesterday. She'll be back on Monday, she took today and tomorrow off to grieve. =(

With my daughter, I'm actually starting with "preschool" basics. If she progresses on to K stuff (which I feel she will...she's brilliant... ;) ) - we'll see how she does. More than likely, she'll start school IN kindergarten next year. She'll help us make that decision the closer we get to the end of the school year. =)

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi everybody!!

I totally missed that Morgan was going away to school :blink: Did she post about it? I'm sad I didn't get to say goodbye and good luck, have fun, study hard, all that good stuff.

Carla how you doing?? I know it has to be such a bittersweet moment.

I also thought she was going off sugar long term :lol:

As some of you know...my mom reads the posts pretty regularly. So yesterday I'm finishing off a jar of applesauce and she walks in the room stares at me and says.... "I think you're "Racheling" that applesauce...what do you think?" :blink:

Now she says she notices I'm Racheling everything. :ph34r:

:lol::lol: Rachel, your mom knows all the Rachelville wordage

That's a sweet story about the guy shopping for his sister.

The WF Bakehouse stuff is good, but most of it has lots of soy in it Rachel, so you are not missing out so much. That would really bring on a histamine reaction. Looking back, last year I was having a lot of the WF BH cookies and brownines and I had one of the worst angioedema reactions ever, now I know it was the large concentration of soy flour and the chocolate, double whammy histamine release.

The foods I am fighting the urge to Rachel right now are chips and salsa, and Pamela's gluten-free Brownies. If I could I would eat them everyday......so now I can only dream about them :lol:

You guys are sending kids off to college.... and here I am, celebrating my son's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy Birthday to your son!!!! Yay, such a special day :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Julie, you didn't need to say goodbye, she didn't move from Rachelville!!!! She's still planning on hanging around here ... although, it's almost noon and she's not here yet!!! Good for her, she's having fun!

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

How are you feeling? I get concerned when you're Racheling since that usually means that you won't feel very well for a time.

That's cute about your mom.

Carla,

The first few days of college are always hectic and lots of stuff is always planned out for the freshmen. She'll be on after things slow down I'm sure.

Morgan,

We'll be waiting patiently for an udpate.

Kris,

Happy birthday to your little boy! :D

Julie,

So far so good with the raw cheese. It may be something you would be able to add to your diet on occassion.

Ryan,

Hello!

Hello to everyone else. :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!

The WF Bakehouse stuff is good, but most of it has lots of soy in it Rachel, so you are not missing out so much. That would really bring on a histamine reaction. Looking back, last year I was having a lot of the WF BH cookies and brownines and I had one of the worst angioedema reactions ever, now I know it was the large concentration of soy flour and the chocolate, double whammy histamine release.

The foods I am fighting the urge to Rachel right now are chips and salsa, and Pamela's gluten-free Brownies. If I could I would eat them everyday......so now I can only dream about them :lol:

Happy Birthday to your son!!!! Yay, such a special day :)

Julie, I got reactions from all the WF BH stuff I tried. It was all very yummy though. I had the corn bread, cherry pie, sandwhich bread and the banana bread. OMG was the banana bread good! There is so much in the ingredients to react to though. I think the biggest one for me is cornstarch....I think its enemy # 1...also eggs, baking powder, chocolate, nuts, soy flour, concentrated lemon and grape juice..etc. Lots of stuff for me to react to. :(

The pizza bread, muffins and brownies look so delicious...wish I would have tried them. I had another relevation...need to post it on the OMG thread...sometime today or tomorrow. I'm having a somewhat busy week.

I bought Pamela cookies....they'll probably do me in but I had a moment of weakness at WF last night. I've reacted to all her cookies in the past but they were all the chocolate and nut filled ones. This time I got lemon shortbread. I've never seen the brownies. :huh:

Oh....still Racheling the EnerG bread....about a loaf a day. :o

Rachel,

How are you feeling? I get concerned when you're Racheling since that usually means that you won't feel very well for a time.

I'm feeling pretty good. B)

I guess it depends on *what* I'm Racheling....and I seem to be ok with what I'm eating right now. :)

Archived