Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slpinsd

Dh On Scalp- Anyone?

I've been getting these sores on my scalp that ooze and crust over. I wouldn't say itchy- but sore. Yes- there is wheat in one of my shampoos. I haven't been entirely gluten-free on the shampoo thing. I don't have a problem with any of my other products that have wheat in them.

What is confirmed DH on the scalp like? Do you have to have direct contact with wheat on the scalp to get it? Are there other irritations/sores that wheat contacting the scalp can cause?

I've been getting these sores on my scalp that ooze and crust over. I wouldn't say itchy- but sore. Yes- there is wheat in one of my shampoos. I haven't been entirely gluten-free on the shampoo thing. I don't have a problem with any of my other products that have wheat in them.

What is confirmed DH on the scalp like? Do you have to have direct contact with wheat on the scalp to get it? Are there other irritations/sores that wheat contacting the scalp can cause?

I have those itchy (sometimes) bumps myself all around the back of my hairline and neck and I just started getting them in the last year or so. I have been eating raisin wheat and wheat bread! I've also got breakouts on my face that are driving me crazy. I've been trying to figure out what I was doing to cause these breakouts. It makes sense that the wheat could be causing the breakouts since I just started eating a lot of wheat bread in the last couple of years. I've been fighing these breakouts on my neck, face and hairline!! I can't believe I might have finally found the answer, HOORAH!! I'm so glad I found this site!! It's so embarrasing to go anywhere. Now to test it out! I thank whoever started this site deserves a hug!

I've been getting these sores on my scalp that ooze and crust over.

I used to get exactly what you're describing all over my scalp -- I would pick at the sores because they bothered me, then they would crust over. Since going gluten free, the scalp has improved alot, but the shampoo and conditioner I use has probably helped, too. It is Frederic Fekkai and is VERY EXPENSIVE, but worth it in several scores. I never knew shampoo had wheat in it!!

One last note is that every once-in-awhile, I will get a huge red welt (hive?) in my hairline -- always in the same place, the right forehead -- haven't noticed a pattern, but it happens every 3 months or so. Anyone else? Any ideas about cause?

I will try to send a post, tried last night, but don't think it went through.

It is surprising to me that one can have gluten intolerance or celiac that is manifested mainly as DH. I have little sores on my head, not all that itchy though. I've been (I think) gluten free for about 3 months, and I think some of them may be changing. I'm not diagnosed, my blood test came back negative though I was eating gluten free for a couple weeks before the test. I went to a dermatologist 6 years ago with a patch of similar scaly stuff right along the forehead hairline. He just burned it off. didn't tell me what it was. That spot has not come back.

The reason I think I have celiac is cuz I have several low-grade symptoms, but I know I have 2 nephews with it. Their mom, my sister, said I should consider whether I have it.

i also get the bumps in my hair and hair line when glutened. My stylist said that the skin is the largest organ on the body and absorbs products placed on the skin into the body- like the garlic between the toes thing- she said to put a clove of garlic between my toes and see how long it takes to taste it- hmm...maybe i'll try that tomorrow night :rolleyes:

i might order some of the alterna hair caviar and see how it do with that