This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Questions New To This Starting June 9, 2006

marcy

marcy Newbie

Hi Everyone,

My 4 year old was dx in June w/positive blood and biopsy. No external symptoms so we don't know if we are doing a good job keeping her gluten-free...that is really hard.

Can you tell me if Lip smackers are gluten-free, smartie candies (I was told yes by the co. and no by someone on another site), and simple fast easy ways for lunches or on the go ideas.

Aside from fruit and veggies I feel like everything else that is gluten-free is not healthy, the cereals, breaads, etc. Any insight would be great!

I have tried posting here before and maybe I actually did but can't remember. Iam having trouble with passwords. Any suggestions thoughts, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Oh did I mention I am unorganized and so not a cook! :D

Thank you!

Marcy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

marcy Newbie

Kendra thank you for your reply! I can boil water so she has had lots of the tinky pasta. I just feel like she gets variety. I don't know. I was calling around for school supplies and got so frustrated. The lady at avery said they don't put anything from Goats in their glue! I repeated gluten and WBRO but she just kept saying sorry not goat products! So frustrating. Anyway, thank you for your tips ordering pretels now!

lorka150 Collaborator

smarties in canada are like m&ms, but unlike m&ms they have wheat starch. just so you know. we call your smarties 'rockets' here.

Nic Collaborator

Hi, Envirokids also makes a cereal that resembles Kixs and also one that is peanut butter flavored. My son likes both. We went to the beach a couple of weeks ago and I was at a loss for a lunch to bring for him. He said he wanted chicken nuggets. I figured oh well, why not. So I heated up some of Wellshire Farms gluten free chicken nuggets and put them him his insulated lunch box. They stayed warm and he ate them very happily. Last year when he was 4 I found it more difficult to feed him things he will like. He will be 6 in November and his willingness to try new foods is expanding. Dinner is the easiest because all meats, veggies, and potatoes are ok as long as there are no sauces or gravies. Just watch the instant type potatoes. Hungry Jack and Betty Crocker are ok as long as you stay away from the flavored ones (if not just read the ingredients).

Nicole

Luvs to Scrap Apprentice
I was calling around for school supplies and got so frustrated. The lady at avery said they don't put anything from Goats in their glue! I repeated gluten and WBRO but she just kept saying sorry not goat products! So frustrating.

I got on Nini's website for her newbies list. I can't find the link right now but it was really helpful. She had one for school supplies. All crayola stuff was ok except for Crayola dough. Elmer's products were ok except for finger paints. So we went name brand this year :) . Good luck. The longer I deal with this the more I learn I have been doing wrong. I keep telling myself to learn and do better next time. Kendra

marcy Newbie

I have been on hold for 12 minutes with colgate shaving cream because the new teacher is doing a back to school project with shaving cream! 12 m inutes! I know I have only been doing this since june but isn't that a little bit long?!

Thank you for the tips. I couldn't find any newbie information.....probably looking in the wrong spot. I did find discount supply store the school said they would pay for the dough! Yipee!

Thank you again. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Well they just answered and they transfered me from colgate shaving to link ohio ! what is that all about????

marcy

Luvs to Scrap Apprentice

Ok, hope this works Marcy. I copied Nini's website address off of her signature.

Check out my webpage

Open Original Shared Link

the Newbie Survival Kit is now available for download on my webpage!!!!!!

I PMed you the school supply list and here would be where you could get the rest. Phone calls are a pain for me too since the kids always act up while I am trying to get some info. :) Kendra

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived