This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gf Recipe Exchange

chasefamily

chasefamily Rookie

Hi all I just wanted to know if anybody has started a recipe exchange for gluten-free foods.

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rattaway Newbie

Nope. I haven't really seen any. If you want we can start Email me or post a note here for recipes if you like. I have some to share as well.

hope you still check your posts, Rian

Guest Lindam

:D What a great idea. I would love to share some tried and true recipes. I have a great recipe for buttermilk bread and pineapple upside down cake. Neither of them had that "heavy" or "gritty" texture, and they were both delicious.

Let's get it started! I am very excited!

:)

catfish Apprentice

I'm not sure how a recipe exchange works, but I would love a pineapple upside-down cake recipe. It is really the only type of cake that I actually miss very much. I used to make them all the time, so all I really need is a batter mix that doesn't taste gritty.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Here is the link to the pineapple upside down cake recipe I posted a while back. It is good. Enjoy!! Open Original Shared Link

-Jessica

j9n Contributor

I would love to exchange recipes!

Thomas Apprentice

good idea

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I could sure use some recipes, also!!!!!

There are some pretty good recipes in www.delphiforums.com, click "Health & Wellness" and the second one down is "Celiac". They have a gluten-free recipes section in there that is quite extensive.....

Karen

• 4 weeks later...
Jo Ann Apprentice

Would love to share "tried & true" recipes. Have had so many failures when trying recipes found in gluten-free cookbooks, etc. Our 12 yo grandson is celiac disease, so have collected several good cookie recipes. Also, have learned to modify my own recipes for the best success. Here's a "Baked Breaded Chicken" that the whole family enjoyed:

1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs (made from ends of bread or failed recipes w/processor)

3 garlic cloves, minced

2 oz. (1/2 cup) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1/2 tsp. gluten-free seasoned salt

3 Tblsp olive or canola oil

1 Tblsp butter

Heat oven to 475 degrees. In shallow microwave-safe dish, combine garlic, seasoned salt, oil and butter. Microwave on High for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir to blend.

In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and grated cheese. Dip both sides of chicken in garlic/oil mixture and then coat both sides with crumb mixture. Place in ungreased 15x10x1" baking pan. Bake at 475 for 20 minutes or until chicken tests done (180 degrees or is fork tender and juices run clear).

This coating makes great chicken fingers for lunches, too. Jo Ann

mpeel Newbie

I would love to get in on an exchange. How does this work? I love experimenting and would be happy to share my "lessons learned" from disappointments as well as my triumphs.

Michelle

crc0622 Apprentice

Hello again, Canadian Karen. You stole my comment about delphi! I don't know how anyone could want any more recipes than are available there!

Folks, if you don't visit delphi, you are missing out on a lot of good info - it's a different environment than this one (a little older crowd, I think) but we have several members who do both forums. Check it out.

LeeV Apprentice

Hi, I'm interested too in a recipe exchange. Count me in! Will also check the Delphi website, Thanks.

Lee

FreyaUSA Contributor

I used to belong to a great recipe exchange group (pre-celiac disease.) We would have a topic every week or two (taking turns selecting the topic, something general like "chicken recipes" or more specific like "Halloween Cookies") and we would just email everyone on the list our recipe (the best part was that everyone would put a comment at the beginning of the recipe so it became more personal.) It was the most fun! All tried and true recipes, too. Someone eventually switched it to a board format and it died out. Ah well.

Anyway, I would love to take part in a recipe exchange group :D

• 1 month later...
beelzebubble Contributor

i have the link for a site for a recipe exchange. pm me if you would like it.

Archived