Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArtGirl

How Sensitive Are You?

curried millet salad sounds great. Tho I wonder whether curry powder is cut with wheat the way that turmeric is.

Anyhows yea would be interested in that recipe.

So far my experience with millet ain't been so good. Its just a matter of havin the right recipe. My first quinoa attempts were pretty watery and dull.

BTW Mayflowers I'm Irish too. South West.

BTW Lisa I meant to say that I allways use stock instead of water, it gives it more substance, more flavour. Quinoa cooked with just water is pretty dull. The fiery quinoa is better, but the fiery quinoa with stock is the best.

Excellent! I will use stock- that I make, of course. My trust level in things is going right down the tubes; can you tell?

Thanks!

lisa

Excellent! I will use stock- that I make, of course. My trust level in things is going right down the tubes; can you tell?

Thanks!

lisa

Lisa,

Ditto hence growing my own Quinoa, hopefully you can get some started in the cold frame your husbands making for you. The other thing with Quinoa, at least in Wisconsin, is that they harvest it with the same trailers as they do barley or some other such gluten containing grain.