Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ~jules~

Lab Tests....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's a private specialty lab. They hold the patents on the stool tests that they do to search for the same antibodies that regular doctors look for in your blood. Because they hold the patents, they're the only lab that can run the tests that they developed. You can also get the genetics test from them, which they send out to Laboratories at Bonfils, which is a reputable immunogenetics lab. Go to www.enterolab.com and read their site for more info.

I'd explain more, but I'm brain fogging... :wacko:

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Julie, what Nancy didn't mention is, that not only are they the only ones testing for celiac disease with stool tests, but also that those tests are a lot more accurate than the blood tests, and more sensitive.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enterolab is not necessarily accepted by the mainstream medical community.

Dr. Fine's patented "discovery" has not been published in a peer reviewed medical journal.