Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dahams04

Back To Nature Rice Thins Gluten Free?

I bought a box of Back to nature white chedder rice thins tonight. I'm questioning the "natural ingrediants". Anyone have any info? I cant find anything on the website. TIA!

April L. In NY

w/ Hunter 4 DX by biopsy on his 3rd B-day 7-28-06

Douglas 6, Gluten Intolerant, Biopsy Neg.

Virginia 10, tested neg.

And the hubby.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm pretty sure I ate a box of those a few weeks ago. And they were delicious. And I didn't have any noticable symptoms. But I'd hate to tell you they're okay only to have you get sick!

Granted, my body is still all sorts of confused and there's no telling how many culprits are out there.

The tomato herb ones were good, too.

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

I bought a box of Back to nature white chedder rice thins tonight. I'm questioning the "natural ingrediants". Anyone have any info? I cant find anything on the website. TIA!
Kraft Brand Names - North America

Back to Nature is a Kraft company, they should clearly state any gluten source. (That doesn't cover cc :ph34r: issues of course.)

I've eaten the white cheddar with no problems. My mother who's been gluten-free 40+ years, won't eat them. The coating spooks her and she trusts Kraft about as far as she can throw them. :lol:

I've been eating the sesame ginger ones. I love the taste. And they appear to be fine.

BUT, the person I spoke with at Back to Nature told me that they could only guarantee that the box I had was gluten free based on the upc code. :o So I was only ok with that box. That was not reassuring at all.

I'm thinking she was only quoting what she was told to say.

And of course she said, if that item "contained gluten that the company would always list gluten and the source on the side of the box".

The sesame ginger ones do not say they have natural ingredients though. Only rice, sesame seeds, maltodextrin, ginger, salt, sugar, etc.

I was concerned about the maltodextrin.

I'm still relatively new at all of this, but so far so good.

Just wanted to add that I was just in Publix and they are on sale 2/$4. Regularly $2.78 ea.

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

Guest cassidy

I eat those all the time and I've never had a problem. They are the only crackers I can find at the mainstream grocery store.

I think they are much better than the Blue Diamond crackers that a lot of people recommend.