Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May9

Looking For A Support Group In Central Wv

I've been Celiac for nearly 2 years now but am just now adjusting to the diet. I became very sick because I didn't follow the wf gluten-free diet. I need a support group. If only just to share my story with someone who understands. I also feel I can help those who are newly diagnosed.

If anybody knows any information please share.

I also would like any information on starting my own support group.

Thanks, May9

BETTY

Diagnosed with celiac disease by biopsy Aug 2005, wheat-free gluten-free ever since. Diagnosed with chrone's disease June 13, 2006. Chronic anemia, chronic rectal bleeding, chronic dehydration and chronic constipation. Had many hospital stays including one with a round of TPN.

GERD for 12 years

Ulcers for 2 years

Fisherectamie March 2006

Have not gained any weight but continue to lose it. I am a Senior in college. I believe God has already healed me but my body just doesn't know it yet. I continually pray that God will help all those with food allergies.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Betty. I guess there aren't that many of us on this board in WV. I am probably 3 hours (?) from you - I live on the WV/Ohio border near Parkersburg/Marietta. There are no support groups that I know of, but maybe I am just not aware. What college do you attend?

Tracy

Tracy

- Dx by Derm with DH in Oct 2005 - both by bloodwork and skin biopsy.

- Dx with celiac disease in Nov 2005 by biopsy of small intestine.

- gluten-free since Oct 2005