Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AutumnE

A Few Alterations And Bread Recipes I Made :d

Guest AutumnE

I bought the kinnickinnick bread mix a few weeks ago. I love the white bread but I'm missing the flavored breads.

Here are my alterations I made. The mix requires 1 1/3 cups of liquid with it. The first one I tried was cinnamon flavored applesauce and added two teaspoons of added cinnamon to the already flavored applesauce (my 2 year old loved this so much she ate half the loaf herself in two days).

The next one I tried mashed banana for the liquid and added a 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, it was good also.

The last one *my favorite* I made pumpkin bread with filling -tasted like pumpkin roll dessert! I used libby's easy mix pumpkin pie filling ( 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin filling so it was stronger flavored instead of 1 1/3 cups) baked it, which smelled wonderful by itself but I wanted more of a dessert. After it cooled I covered it in saran paper and put it in the freezer for about a half hour, enough to make it easier to cut so it didnt fall apart. Then I sliced the loaf so it was in three layers.

I mixed

8 ounces Cream cheese, softened

4 tablespoons Butter

1 cup Powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

and spread it generously between the layers and put it together again with the filling in the middle wrapped it with saran wrap and refrigerated it for an hour. It was so close to the taste of pumpkin roll it surprised me. I definitely am going to make this for our pumpkin carving party this halloween.

Hope you enjoy these recipes as much as my family has :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't buy the mixes but these sound good. :D

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Guest AutumnE

Oh I can see why, you have a ton of allergies, Im sorry :( I cant imagine not having the mixes available. I dont think I would take the time to cook it otherwise.

Don't apologize. Someone else that can use the mixes will see your recipes, and benefit from your experimenting. It is good that you posted them.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Oh I can see why, you have a ton of allergies, Im sorry :( I cant imagine not having the mixes available. I dont think I would take the time to cook it otherwise.

That's ok. I would just need to experiment with the "flour mix" ingredients and I would still be able to use your variations. :)

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Guest AutumnE

Im glad its easy to alter, I had a ton of allergies growing up, one was corn which seemed to be in anything processed.