Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moongirl

Gotta Love Supermarkets Like This...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yay!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Gotta love a store that does that!!! I was recently in Iowa (lots of family there) and I was looking for Old Wisconsin brand brats (they are marked gluten-free). I was shopping at a Hy-Vee. The butcher said they didn't carry that brand but took me to their section on gluten-free foods and also told me some of their meat was gluten-free. It seems that the local Celiac group meets at the Hy-Vee so she was knowlegeable about the disease. They also label the ingredients in their store brands. If I lived in Iowa, I would shop Hy-Vee. Their rotissereiry (sp) chicken is even labeled!!!! Anyway, I live in Minnesota and shop Cub. I called the corp and was told that if I wanted to know about a specific food, they would be glad to check but I needed the UPC code! I thought...."With label reading, it already takes me a long time to shop...like I am going to spend more time copying down UPC codes, calling up the nice customer service lady, having her check the product, and then waiting for her to call me back to let me know if the product is gluten-free so that I can check the UPC code to see if it changed....." Rainbow Foods here also lists ingredients in store brands (some) though I think Cub has better meat and veggies.... Anyway, I transgress....Hurray for the stores that realize how important it is to know what we are going to be putting in our bodies!!! And if I lived in Iowa, I would shop at Hy-Vee!!!!!

Hey -- I LOVE OMNI FOODS!

I live in Boston & go to one that is right near me on Rte. 9 in Chestnut Hill!

It's wonderful, a little pricey, but it all is -- and they've got a huge selection... They even have gluten-free beer, haven't tried it yet though...

Positive Bloodwork & Positive Endoscopy, Gluten Free since 8/29/06