Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ~jules~

"the Trigger"

I think it started the day I was conceived. I always had problems with severe brain fog and fatigue. It got progressively worse in my 20's and by my mid 30's I almost lost everything. I really don't think I would be alive right now if I kept eating gluten.

If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?

Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.

Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

Add me to the mono list (Yikes!). I had it when I was 17 and things got far worse following the illness. Prior to that, I had suffered throughout childhood with digestive problems, had chronic upper respiratory illnesses and D and cramping. I also had my appendix removed when I was in 6th grade and I remember my issues getting more intense afterward, but it wasn

2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)

2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life

I was always a sickly child. It started with diarrhea as a baby. Tonsils out at age 2!!!! Teeth sealed at age 7 (enamel was coming off). Hated dairy as long as I can remember. Lots of throwing up since childhood. Always tired as a kid. High white blood cells as a kid.

You'd think with all of the above, someone would have clued in. I was 30 when diagnosed!!!!

Diagnosed by my doctor on the basis of symptoms only (May 2005). My symptoms include:

-amenorhea (all my life)

-high prolactin levels

-major bloating ("Are you pregnant?")

-swollen ankles

-possible DH: had the rash on my elbows and scalp (gone now)

-joint pain

-childhood arthritis

-all dairy allergy

-dry skin

-fat in stool sample (no connection was made at the time...I was being tested for something else...When the doctor told me of the fat I replied by saying: "I eat alot of olive oil". DUH!!!!)

-mother is allergic to wheat

-ravenous appetite: I eat for 5 people

-light coloured stool

-pass stool 7 times a day sometimes

-hemorrhoids

-get the hiccups alot (not sure if this is related)

-some reflux

I'm sure there are more that I don't recall at the moment. SIGH.

I'd say I was the event that caused my husbands celiac to arise. Well, I shouldn't say that but we met & married really quickly so in a period of a few months we moved in, bought a house, moved to the new house & all of the sudden he was a father to a 6 year old. He loves it & it has been fun. However, the day we closed on our new house.......he got sick. He had a ton going on as did I in a really short time frame. He has it under control though & we are all happy & healthy now.

July 19, 2005 - My husband Bill was diagnosed, via bloodwork, with Celiac.

August 3, 2005 - Biopsy confirmed Celiac Sprue.

Food Allergies: Chocolate, Shellfish & Gluten

To much partying.

I'm pretty sure my celiac developed during my late teens/early 20's when I was partying A LOT. I think I wore my body out, and my lifestyle was just so fast for my body to handle.

I agree on that last sentence, mine also developed when I was overworking my body out physically.

Gluten free since 01/09/11

Food intolerance to be determined!