Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

penguin

You Know Why I'm Glad I'm A Celiac?

I have a great excuse not to eat the TGI Friday's fried mac and cheese.

GROSS!

:P

Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy

We'll all float on, alright

Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That does look pretty nasty. And what about the fried green beans? Do you suppose people actually eat that stuff? :blink:

Hi Leah: I saw you are posting, I am eating the green m&m's! :D:D:D Throw in an orange now and then

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

:lol: Yea--my husband just told me about it the other day--I didn't know it existed!

It actually sounded kinda good :ph34r: in a "but it would probably kill me" sort of way :P

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

It actually sounded kinda good :ph34r: in a "but it would probably kill me" sort of way :P

No, cheese fries with bacon and downing in real ranch dressing sounds good in a "but it would probably kill me" sort of way...

Deep fried mac and cheese just goes against all that is holy :P

Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy

We'll all float on, alright

Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

No, cheese fries with bacon and downing in real ranch dressing sounds good in a "but it would probably kill me" sort of way...

Deep fried mac and cheese just goes against all that is holy :P

They both sound good to me right now--guess it's been too long without real junk food! God help me, sometimes I just plain miss the stuff :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Hmm.. deep fried mac and cheese looks exactly like something I would want to eat :lol:

And that leads me to why I'm thankful to be a celiac... No matter how much I want to put junk like that in my body, it's not an option...

I don't think I would want to go to dinner with people who would be ordering Fridays new appetizers though. That would be rough...

**NiKKi**

celiac newbie '06, Hashimoto's

*inconclusive blood tests

*positive response to gluten-free diet

Cornell University '07

Lance Armstrong: Quit? You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit.

I cant go for either the fried mac n cheese or the green beans. Both seem just plain ol wrong!!

Like penguin said though.. cheese fries, now there is something I can relate to. with a nice side heaping of ranch!

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Y'all are killin me here!!! I'm just learning how to eat and now you have to remind of wonderful fabulous things like cheese fies!!! <sigh> <dreaming of chili cheese fries at Johnny Rockets>

1994 implanted with saline filled breast impalnts

1995 began getting sick with multiple symptoms, syndromes, etc. spent the next 10 years chronically ill

2005 found out I had faulty saline breast implants and was internally poisoned

2005 had implants properly removed with immediate 80% recovery of most symptoms

6/2006 started gluten free diet when digestive problems were not healing, even after agressively fighting candidiasis

8/2006 Enterolab results Fecal Antigliadin IgA 12 (Normal Range <10 Units)

"There are a million right ways and only one wrong way. It is wrong to think that your way is the only right way!"

What's sad is that some people think deep fried green beans is a good way to get their vegetables in!!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Negative biopsy for celiac 1980

Fibromyalgia 1980

IBS 1980

Interstitial Cystitis 1992

Systemic yeast

Diagnosed w/ Chronic Lyme Disease 2000

Diagnosed w/ Chronic babesia 2000

Tachycardia 2001

Asthma 2005

Have had Lyme and babesia for

about 48 yrs.

Began gluten-free July 19 '06

Native TEXAN living in Missouri

I have a great excuse not to eat the TGI Friday's fried mac and cheese.

GROSS!

:P

How the heck do you fry mac n' cheese?!!! Or better yet, why? LOL!!

I do however miss the mac n' cheese from Chat n' Chew. It's this place in NYC that I used to go with my friends all the time. It has total comfort food, and it was just out place we would go when we just wanted a laid back girls night. Actually it is where I told my best girlfriends I was engaged and asked them to be my bridesmaids! I have dreams about their mac n' cheese. :(

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Okay -just one question

What is this mac and cheese!!?? :blink:

P.S I'm English!

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Y'all are killin me here!!! I'm just learning how to eat and now you have to remind of wonderful fabulous things like cheese fies!!! <sigh> <dreaming of chili cheese fries at Johnny Rockets>

Kris, you can still have cheese fries, just make them yourself at home. If you're in the US, you can use Ore-Ida fast food fries, Kraft shredded cheddar cheese, Hormel black label bacon, chopped green onions, and Kraft brand ranch dressing on the side. You can also add chili, I know there are a few safe canned brands. It may not be as simple as going out and ordering it, but this way you can season it as you like and it will taste better.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Umm little pasta noodles covered in cheese sauce.

Then how on earth do you deep fry it? :blink::huh::D:D

This board, I learn something new every day... :D:D

Heh, if the pasta didn't kill me, the cheese would. :P

Pauliina

Nikki - macaroni and cheese is known as a classic American comfort food....can be very good and creamy and then there's this horrible boxed stuff - ugh - with no real cheese on that one, just a powdered facsimile that emulsifies with water added......ewwww....but the REAL mac and cheese - yummy - - -

DEEP FRIED - - how sick is that? Can you imagine the fat grams and the calories.....people eat this without thinking about it at all and then......GASTRIC BYPASS :o

I'm STILL not glad I'm a Celiac though. :angry:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Nikki - macaroni and cheese is known as a classic American comfort food....can be very good and creamy and then there's this horrible boxed stuff - ugh - with no real cheese on that one, just a powdered facsimile that emulsifies with water added......ewwww....but the REAL mac and cheese - yummy - - -

DEEP FRIED - - how sick is that? Can you imagine the fat grams and the calories.....people eat this without thinking about it at all and then......GASTRIC BYPASS :o

Hi Susan: Haven't seen you on the boards in a while. I agree with you, deep fried mac and cheese :unsure: Who would of thunk it! I don't think I would of eaten it before, what's next deep fried ??? Help me out here! :lol::lol::lol:

Still not glad I am a celiac either!!!! :(:( What I miss is being able to grab something to eat on the go, or maybe it's the donuts that don't sink, or the bread that tastes light and fluffy, might be the milky way candy bars I never craved before but do now, guess it could be the cookie dough ice cream, don't know different moods different foods :ph34r:

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

Thanks for clarifying that Susan

Ah,Macaroni and cheese-but deep fried!!

OMG that's just GROSS!!

(Good to see you girl,-how you doing? :) )

In the UK you can get snickers and mars bar in batter deep fried

Yum-NOT :o:o

Oh I feel queasy :unsure:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Guest ~jules~

Ya I've seen those commercials for their new appetizers. That kind of stuff is exactly what is wrong with how people eat in this country! Macaroni and cheese isn't that great for you in the first place, then they go throw it in deep fryer.... :blink: why? Why don't we just go back to the kitchen and grab a cup of oil out of the deep fryer and drink it! Blah! I'm with penguin even if I could eat it, I wouldn't yuck....

Yea, imagine the people eating the fried green beans thinking they're killing two birds with one stone -- a veggie and a grain!! :lol:

They deepfry so much now ... I think my kids told me they were deep-frying Twinkies at the fair!

I'd just like a McGriddle, I miss our traditional Saturday morning breakfast, and in the casein dept. I think I'd do about anything (except get sick!) for a triple grande organic latte from Starbucks.

On the bright side, we're making new traditions -- hubby cooked brunch today! And I'm eating healthier and not pushing myself to the limit all the time. Sometimes it takes losing your health to realize that you really don't need to do it all.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Well, Elvis's favorite snack, according to longtime lore, was deep-fried peanut-butter sandwiches. :huh: Now, sickening as that initially sounds, I think I would have to try one of those given the chance!

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

In the UK you can get snickers and mars bar in batter deep fried

Yum-NOT :o:o

Oh I feel queasy :unsure:

Uh. I told my husband about this and he said "hmmm... I guess I'll have to go there and try one." YUCK!!! He was serious!!!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Then how on earth do you deep fry it? :blink::huh::D:D

This board, I learn something new every day... :D:D

Heh, if the pasta didn't kill me, the cheese would. :P

Pauliina

haven't we all learned if you can eat it, someone somewhere can deep fry it. like milky ways, or snickers, or onions, or pig skin, etc.

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2006

Villus blunting and positive blood test

Yuck!! Deep fried mac & cheese and green beans? :(

Although, we used to go to brunch at this place on the other side of town that had a dish called "Pasta Salvi" which was basically fettucini alfredo that was deep fried into these squares and then topped with some marinara sauce....it was heavenly. I ate it before I knew what it was (on a brunch buffet), but once I went there, I couldn't not eat it..LOL (at least until I went gluten-free ;) )

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

I tried to post to this thread yesterday, but my computer went bonkers... just had to share this tidbit:

Looking to emulate the success of Chicken McNuggets and fried mozzarella sticks, the group is hoping to inject some red meat into the American snack food diet with cheeseburger fries. The fries, which look like a squat version of standard French fries, are made of a meat-and-cheese compound that tastes ? as the name suggests ? like a cheeseburger.

Breaded, then deep-fried and served with ketchup or barbecue sauce, cheeseburger fries have found their way onto menus in several states including Nebraska, Minnesota and Texas since June. There is also a version being made available to public school cafeterias.

"The challenge is getting people to think of other ways to eat beef," said Betty Hogan, director of new product development for the [National Cattlemen's Beef Association].

Regular cheeseburgers aren't fatty enough!!???

Also there's somebody at the Texas State Fair that makes "Fried Coke"...

The Queen of Hearts,

She made some tarts

All on a summer's day.

The Knave of Hearts,

He stole the tarts

And took them clean away.

Diagnosed at age 49 by biopsy 31 May 2006

Learning how to bake those tarts gluten-free!