This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fast Food

lstroud

catfish Apprentice

I have found one or more onion rings in with the french fries I purchased at several BK restaurants FYI. But they have the best french fries...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

McDonalds Fries are gluten-free

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yep, I've had McDonald's fries with no problem...their fries were good for lunch during long car rides (such as when I went skiing earlier this year). No problems with them after 3-4 times having them since starting the gluten-free diet.

They have a part of a website where they list gluten-free products...someone here may have already mentioned it (I didn't read all the replys), but it is at Open Original Shared Link

In case you can't get it, here's an almost-complete version of the list typed out.

Beverages

* Coffee

* Hot Chocolate

* Milk

* Orange Juice

* Soft Drinks

* Chocolate Triple Thick Shake

* Strawberry Triple Thick Shake

* Vanilla Triple Thick Shake

Condiments/Sauces

* Butter

* Chicken McNugget Honey

* Chicken McNugget Hot Mustard Sauce

* Hotcake Syrup

* Jam

* Ketchup

* Margarine

* Mayonnaise

* Mustard

* Onions

* Pickles

* Tartar Sauce

* Tomato

Miscellaneous

* Beef Patty (w/o bun)

* Breakfast Beef Steak

* Canadian Bacon

* Cheese

* French Fries

* Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait (no granola)

Salads/Dressings

* Side Salad

* Newman's Own Creamy Caesar Dressing

* Newman's Own Cobb Dressing

* Newman's Own Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette

* Newman's Own Ranch Dressing

-celiac3270

flagbabyds Collaborator

Also MCDonalds Hash Browns are gluten-free if they are "not making fries at that time" they are very goood

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yeah, I've heard the hashbrowns are gluten-free, also....

celiac3270 Collaborator

What happened to my post here? I posted one maybe 20 min. ago on this topic and it's gone!

tarnalberry Community Regular

It's still there - it's just on the previous page.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KAthyB Newbie

I called Wendy's last week about their fries and was told that they are definitely gluten free but are not listed on their gluten-free list since some Wendy's do not use a dedicated fryer. My daughter ate them last week after checking that they used a dedicated fryer but still did not feel well afterward. I'm not sure if fried food upset her reflux or if it was because of the gluten.

Kathy

j9n Contributor

What about Taco Bell. I could not find anything on their web page and their nacho chips seemed a bit "light" to be corn.

Have you ever made home made french fries? They are the best! I bought a deep fryer and mandoline slicer, it is really easy to make. I usually leave the skins on too and cook in olive oil

lovegrov Collaborator

Taco Bell has almost nothing that's gluten-free. Even the taco beef has wheat. Don't bother.

richard

• 2 weeks later...
kerri124 Apprentice

Does anyone know if those new "Go Active" salads from Mcdonalds are gluten-free or not? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
adamschroeder Newbie
Apparently, Donato's pizza has a crustless pizza that is gluten free. (we don't have Donato's here so I don't know, but it's worth checking out).

Hi,

We several Donato's restaurents in my area Dayton, OH. I actually had the deluxe crustless pizza last night which was very good. I sent a email to Donatos asking if the pizza was Gluten free.

This is the response:

---

The Soy base in our NoDough pizzas do not contain any gluten,

however, they will not be baked in separate ovens from those used to bake

our Original Thin and Traditional crusts. That being stated, depending on

the severity of the sensitivity to gluten we cannot guarantee that there

would be an absolute prevention of cross contamination and unfortunately

would suggest that individuals with high sensitivity to gluten not take any

unnecessary risks.

---

I should note that I'm pretty sure the pizza is baked directly on the plate they server to you. So imagine any cross contamination would occur if a regular pizza was placed on the rack above and some of the crust fell into it?? Perhaps you could ask them to cook it on the top grill to avoid this problem.

My wife and I probably only cook 1 meal a week right now, the rest are quick sandwitches, pizza deliveries, take out, or eating out. So finding convenient easy sources of gluten free food is a big priority for me if I need to go on this diet.

rattaway Newbie

:lol: I have a six and a four year old. Both girls. The whole I want a happy meal thing was upsetting until we just started requesting cheeseburgers with no bun in a kids happy meal. At sonic, my girls have either the bunless chsburger in a kids meal or a hot dog with no bun in the kids meal. You know, people used to give me really funny looks when I requested bunless burgers but Atkins has made my life a little easier. Now, when we request no bun, people just assume we are on it. As if I would have my girls on a diet anyway. But you just never know what kind of reaction you're gonna get.

Rian

mother of Ashton 6, and Macey 4, glutenfree and lovin it

krburkhardt Newbie

I was hoping to get feedback on other people's experiences. There are great alternatives for breakfast at home, and if you eat out, you can get eggs or fruit. Most times, restaurants are very helpful when I eat out for dinner, and I tip well thankful for them taking the time to check with the chefs on ingredients.

The biggest problem is having lunch, or a quick meal - there is no such thing. These people that say eat an apple for lunch are joking. I used to eat subs, or big salads for lunch and always am on the run at lunchtime. Now it is impossible, and I'm so bored with the limited options. If we don't feel like cooking at night, I'm thankful for a very good Taco place down the road, otherwise what do you do? Can't order pizza - I hate fast food. I used to eat a pretty healthy diet, and now I find it very hard to eat gluten-free and to eat healthy at the same time. Sorry, but I can't eat a piece of fruit all day and be satisfied. I'd love to know what all of you do for quick and relatively healthy meals - grabbing 2 gluten-free burgers at McDonalds may be gluten-free, but it's also 1000 calories. Please give me your feedback!

P.S. - my wife and I just got back from Mexico, and it was the easiest time I ever had eating out.....mostly fresh corn, beans, rice, chicken. Maybe I'll move there!

lovegrov Collaborator

Quickest and easiet for me is to roll some sandwich meat, cheese, mustard and lettuce in a corn tortilla. I usually heat the toritlla and meat in a microwave first but it's not necessary.

richard

tarnalberry Community Regular

Quick lunch:

* bean salad (can of three bean mix and some honey mustard dressing, add tomatoes if you've got the time)

* rice cakes with peanut butter

* veggies with hummus

of course, there's the whole leftovers thing, and smoothies, but I don't know how quick you want quick. :-)

Guest NitaB

I have also found lunch, or quick meals to be the hardest. I carry a packet of gluten-free dressing with me, and get side salads, or others, if gluten-free. I got the packets from the Gluten free pantry, online. Wendy's baked potato and chili work, too! I buy them, and use the chili over the potato.

A friend told me the other day, she heard that power bars aren't what they're cracked up to be. She said it's just as good to take a vitamin and have a milkshake!!! So, now when I plan to stop for a shake (easy in the car, on the way home!) I just say I'm stopping for my power bar!!! I've already had the vitamin! Unfortunately, I've put on a couple of pounds, so try not to do that often!

Let us know of any other quick fixes!!!

Nita

• 5 months later...
jknnej Collaborator

a new Chipotle just opened near our house. I had read on this board that they had a gluten-free menu. we went in the other day and the manager had absolutely no clue what a gluten free menu was and said they didn't have one.

Hmmm.....

lovegrov Collaborator

Check with Chipotle's main office. Almost everything they serve (burrito wrap and one of the sauces are not) is gluten-free.

richard

Archived