Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have found much reassurance in this post .... that these brain fog symptoms are so common! I love how MySerenityPrayer put it ...but just can't get my fogged brain to figure out how to use the quotes :huh:

Sometimes I swear I am simply losing my mind. And then I stress over how I come across to others, esp. at work (just started back to work at a new job after 2 month hiatus). I stress over how insensitive I come across to friends and loved ones b/c I cannot 'remember' specific conversations or times spent together - something that was important to them and yet I don't remember it, so did it even mean anything to me?? I find myself inadvertantly hurting the feelings of others with this....which eats me up inside.

Then there is the five minutes I just spent spacing out...and back to trying to figure out what I was going to say here.... :blink:

I questioned my doc the other day about adrenal fatigue and he poo-pooed it right away - end of discussion. Yet he was the one who was wanting to check my adrenal function and cortisol levels.... so who knows? At the beginning of all this, he was open to the possibility of my symptoms being attributed to my diagnosis and now he is leaning more towards the fact that my physical/neuro symptoms and stress/depression remain two separate entities. Frustrating! Which came first ...chicken or the egg??

Approx. how long do I have to be gluten free before finding some improvement with brain fog? I am sure that once that starts to get better, much of the rest will fall into place and improve as well.....(I hope!)

I questioned my doc the other day about adrenal fatigue and he poo-pooed it right away - end of discussion. Yet he was the one who was wanting to check my adrenal function and cortisol levels.... so who knows? At the beginning of all this, he was open to the possibility of my symptoms being attributed to my diagnosis and now he is leaning more towards the fact that my physical/neuro symptoms and stress/depression remain two separate entities. Frustrating! Which came first ...chicken or the egg??

This doesn't surprise me ... docs only think it's a problem if they're diseased ... common sense says that there can be differing levels of functioning, and a low level may make you feel bad, but a better level of functioning may make you feel better. Docs don't see anything sub-clinical as mattering at all. I'm on the diet/lifestyle to restore adrenal function and am getting a little better each day ... if he at one point thought he needed to test it, I would definately read up on it as you apparently have enough symptoms for him to consider it!!

As I get better, I feel like I'm waking up ... if that makes any sense at all. The fog is starting to lift.

I'm with you on your chicken/egg theory ... I think they all go together and make each other worse. I even think that the adrenal fatigue contributes in some way to my sensitivity to gluten -- not that it causes it, but if I look over my life, my gluten symptoms showed up more when I was under a lot of stress, those are also the times I was physically tired and mentally depressed. I think that for me anyway, addressing both the gluten and adrenal fatigue (physical fatigue and depression, too) is really helping. Our bodies are a composite ... it's more helpful if we're treating the whole, not just little individual parts -- after all 43 years of eating gluten had to have an ill affect on my whole body! And for each one of us it's different.

I'm feeling obsessed with food reactions nowadays. :blink:

I don't understand it yet, but I am finding that I only have brain fog if I eat too many grains or other foods high in carbs first thing in the morning. If I wait till after lunch or later, they don't bother me as much and sometimes not at all. Late at night, before bed, I don't feel it at all.

I am hypoglycemic, so that may explain it. :ph34r:

I have to keep a steady flow of protein in me too. Raw nuts work for awhile, but then I have to have meat.

Marcia