Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BostonCeliac

Legal Seafoods

Hey --

I just saw something online about Legal Seafoods having a gluten free menu... has anyone gone & tried it? They didn't have a menu available online, but there is one close to me in Chestnut Hill that listed a gluten-free/wine-pairing dinner in July that I missed!!

Let me know if anyone has tried it. Thanks! Have a great day...

Positive Bloodwork & Positive Endoscopy, Gluten Free since 8/29/06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i have been there both in NJ and in DC. each time i've gone i've gotten very good service. the manager comes out and serve you personally. they seem very serious about dietary problems and understand cross contamination issues. plus the food is fantastic! i recommend the calamari (they bread it with corn meal) and the lobster casserole, which has gluten free bread crumbs!

gXf since november 1998

i have been there both in NJ and in DC. each time i've gone i've gotten very good service. the manager comes out and serve you personally. they seem very serious about dietary problems and understand cross contamination issues. plus the food is fantastic! i recommend the calamari (they bread it with corn meal) and the lobster casserole, which has gluten free bread crumbs!

THANKS! Yum, Lobster casserole & calamari sound amazing!!

That's nice to hear about the manager too, I also have found when I mention the issue, people are very helpful... I had a chef in a small restaurant look up all the stuff I was going to order on-line to make sure it was gluten-free before serving it to me! Such a nice guy!!

Positive Bloodwork & Positive Endoscopy, Gluten Free since 8/29/06

Hi - They do have a gluten free menu but we haven't been to Legal's since my daughter's diagnosis. We used to go a lot, though, and have always loved it. As for the gluten free food/wine pairing, I didn't go but I did see it advertised in the Boston Globe.

Hey --

I just saw something online about Legal Seafoods having a gluten free menu... has anyone gone & tried it? They didn't have a menu available online, but there is one close to me in Chestnut Hill that listed a gluten-free/wine-pairing dinner in July that I missed!!

Let me know if anyone has tried it. Thanks! Have a great day...

I ate there many times last year while visiting on business. It's awesome!

S

Hi there,

Yes, they most certainly do have a celiac menu available! I just was recently diagnoised and I went to Legal Seafoods in Garden City, NY with my folks. They gave me a regular menu. As I was scrolling through the front page, I noticed all the way on the bottom, in bold letters it said "Celiac Menu Available". I had a such a huge smile on my face. I actually got a stuffed lobster. Instead of their traditional ritz cracker/seafood combination stuffing, they use either gluten-free breadcrumbs mixed with seafood or a brown rice/seafood combination. Either way, it was quite delicious!!! Now if only they made their new england clam chowder gluten free (sigh).

I know the Massachusett's Legals also have the same celiac menu... since I visit there quiet often to visit family.

Either way, enjoy Legal! I know I do B)