Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GFNC

Just Returned From Chicago

I was in downtown Chicago over the weekend and had great experiences at two restaurants downtown. I was surprised how many choices I had. We had dinner at Vinci's the first night. It is a small Italian restaurant. This was the most impressive gluten free meal I have had at a restaurant. I asked for a gluten free menu, and when we were seated they immediately removed my bread plate from the menu. Everyone was very well trained from the waiter to the assistants in the restaurant. The gluten free menu was very large. In addition, the food was absolutely delicious.

The second evening, we ate at the Wildfire Grill. Again, the waiter was well trained, and the gluten free menu was very large and my meal was excellent.

I would highly recommend either of these two restaurants if you travel to Chicago. However, you will need reservations ahead of time.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Oh I'm so excited! Our Woodfire Grill will open in November of this year (Atlanta). I can't wait!

Glad you had such a nice time. I think NY and Chicago are two of the best places to visit when thinking of your dining out options.

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06

Thanks! My bro lives in the loop. I can't wait to try these on my next visit over there!

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

Thanks! My wife and I are always looking for more dining options downtown. Another place we like on the near north side with a gluten-free menu is Ben Pao at Illinois and Dearborn.

DVT since 1991

lactose intolerant since 1993

celiac dx 2-05 by biopsy of small intestine

gluten-free since 3-05

How did you know what restaurants to go to? Or did you just happen to pick restaurants that had gluten-free menus?

My parents live near Chicago, and we will be going there in a few weeks!

I live in the South Chicago suburbs and i just did a "Chicago restaurants gluten free menu" search and it pulled alot up...i hope this helps ;)

Gluten Free...negative blood results...absolutely positive diet results.

Dairy Free...absolutely positive diet results.

Egg Free...there goes another one...absolutely positive diet results.

Allergic to Codeine.

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which ones may have gluten in them:)"