• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

GFNC

Just Returned From Chicago

Rate this topic

I was in downtown Chicago over the weekend and had great experiences at two restaurants downtown. I was surprised how many choices I had. We had dinner at Vinci's the first night. It is a small Italian restaurant. This was the most impressive gluten free meal I have had at a restaurant. I asked for a gluten free menu, and when we were seated they immediately removed my bread plate from the menu. Everyone was very well trained from the waiter to the assistants in the restaurant. The gluten free menu was very large. In addition, the food was absolutely delicious.

The second evening, we ate at the Wildfire Grill. Again, the waiter was well trained, and the gluten free menu was very large and my meal was excellent.

I would highly recommend either of these two restaurants if you travel to Chicago. However, you will need reservations ahead of time.

Oh I'm so excited! Our Woodfire Grill will open in November of this year (Atlanta). I can't wait!

Glad you had such a nice time. I think NY and Chicago are two of the best places to visit when thinking of your dining out options.

Thanks! My wife and I are always looking for more dining options downtown. Another place we like on the near north side with a gluten-free menu is Ben Pao at Illinois and Dearborn.

How did you know what restaurants to go to? Or did you just happen to pick restaurants that had gluten-free menus?

My parents live near Chicago, and we will be going there in a few weeks!

I live in the South Chicago suburbs and i just did a "Chicago restaurants gluten free menu" search and it pulled alot up...i hope this helps ;)