Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamaw

Deep Fryer

I have never owned a deep fryer, now I see I could really use one when making gluten-free nuggets & so on. But the reason I never used one is because of the amount of oil that stayed on the food. Now I'm told the newer versions are way better & n=most of the oil stays in the fryer which would make food a bit healthier. I guess no fried food could be classified as healthy , right? Any way does anyone have any input on a good model?I have no idea on which one is better and which one has a good heat sensor that's fairly accurate...

please anyone jump right in.

A side note My girlfriend laughed when I asked about a fryer because she nows I'm a healthy cook but my response to her was: Now I'm gluten-free so I can't eat grains but I can have all the unnatural , unhealthy preservatives I want, including fried foods!!!

mamaw

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have had a fry daddy for years. It recently started peeling so I am looking for a new one. I noticed there was some nice bigger models (not sure of the brand, I was looking at Wal-mart). I will probavly be getting a larger one. I have found that it is nice to have a basket that goes in it and the larger size would be much easier to deal with. I like to make my own tempura battered chicken strips, etc. and with the smaller size you can only cook 1-2 pieces at a time. So you may want to keep that in mind.

thanks Laurie & broncobux

Broncobux I was actually looking at this model for awhile now. So I think I will get it. Thanks for the info.I fry more now since going gluten-free than I ever did.I guess with the kids wanting niggets all the time & funnel cakes........

thanks again

mamaw

Broncobux

I forgot to ask --- are you coming back to Ohio for the Columbus Conference in Nov?????

mamaw