Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArtGirl

Egg-free Baking

If any of you who are allergic to eggs have come up with a decent recipe for bread or rolls or pizza crust that does not use eggs, I would be very glad to know abouti t. What I've tried so far has been less than satisfactory - hard thin "hockey pucks" that are gooey in the middle. Yuck!

Valda

Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance

other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

Living a healthier, happier life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i use the flax method or ener-g (depending on the recipe) for all of my baking.

Gluten-free, Vegan

I've heard of using flax seeds, but don't know how to prepare them for this. What do you do and what is the amount per egg?

I'm allergic to corn, and Ener-g egg replacer has dextrose or some other corn-based ingredient (I've thrown away the box and don't remember exactly what it was.)

Valda

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

i have all of these written down, and you can see what is best for you. i like flax because of the added nutrition:

for binding:

1 tbsp. ground flax + 3 tbsp water

1 tbsp gelatin + tbsp water

1/4 c. blended tofu

3 tbsp. fruit (I use prunes, generally for this method)

for leavening:

egg replacer (But not for you! :) )

1 tbsp baking powder + 1 tbsp oil (OR vinegar) + 1 tbsp water

Gluten-free, Vegan

If any of you who are allergic to eggs have come up with a decent recipe for bread or rolls or pizza crust that does not use eggs, I would be very glad to know abouti t. What I've tried so far has been less than satisfactory - hard thin "hockey pucks" that are gooey in the middle. Yuck!

This is the pizza crust I use most of the time and it doesn't call for any eggs... The website also provides diagrams.

Good luck,

http://www.savorypalate.com/pizza.aspx

mamatide

Thank you so much for the egg replacer recipes and link to the pizza crust (looks good).

Although I can't have cheese and so my pizza would be rather dull, one can use the crust for other combinations to use as a sort of open-faced sandwich and take-along snacks.

Valda

Hypoglycemic

I use the same one as mamatide. In fact I am eating it now. I absolutely love it! I can eat a whole pie to myself. They are small pies. hehehe

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Thank you so much for the egg replacer recipes and link to the pizza crust (looks good).

Although I can't have cheese and so my pizza would be rather dull, one can use the crust for other combinations to use as a sort of open-faced sandwich and take-along snacks.

Not a problem! You can still make pizza with extra tomato sauce and toppings (no cheese) - I did this for a recent gluten-free/CF birthday party and it was good.

Or spread pesto on the crust instead of pizza sauce. I added feta cheese but I'd imagine that an assortment of exotic mushrooms and some sausage meats would be fantastic as well.

Good luck to you.

mamatide