Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ~jules~

Hair Dye

Guest ~jules~

I haven't even looked at any labels yet, I was just curious if hair dye has gluten in it...I don't even want to dye it, I love my natural color, unfortunetly its getting washed out with WHITE!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR.........

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Garnier Nutrisse -- no gluten, and it seems to be a good product.

Erica

Inconclusive blood test results

Positive Enterolab results

Positive dietary results

gluten-free since 2/10/06

Guest ~jules~
I use Garnier Nutrisse -- no gluten, and it seems to be a good product.

eleep

Thanks I'll look into it....julie

I've also used Clairol's Nice and Easy several times without a problem ever. It also gives a very nice shine and covers up those darn gray hairs!

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

I use Loreal Feria--verified by phone to "contain no gluten ingredients whatsoever". B)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

The lady who does mine uses bleach!!! :o:lol:

Sometimes I get color, too, because I'm fickle when it comes to hair color. I don't worry about the gluten since she's washing my hair in a bowl in the salon ... the chances of me ingesting it are very slim, plus it's washed out very well before I even touch it.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Guest ~jules~
The lady who does mine uses bleach!!! :o:lol:

Sometimes I get color, too, because I'm fickle when it comes to hair color. I don't worry about the gluten since she's washing my hair in a bowl in the salon ... the chances of me ingesting it are very slim, plus it's washed out very well before I even touch it.

I just think it stinks! I always said I'd never dye my hair. I found the first one at 26 and they aren't grey they are white coily little suckers! I have this really long light auburn red hair, (hair was wet in pic) I can't even find it in a bottle, so can you go get like a colormatch at a salon, I in no way want to change my hair color, I just don't want to look like an old lady at age 30! Yes its just a vanity thing and I am guilty of that, but at least I'm honest I cant STAND it.....lol :blink:

I am very picky about who does my hair color. It is really bad when they mess it up ... and if anyone ever does mess it up, DO NOT let them "fix it" even if they'll do it for free!!! I would definately get good recommendations from people who have good hair color. Even walk up to strangers to ask. If they have a complicated coloring that looks good (like chuncky highlights or a dark underneath and light on top, for example), then they'll be likely to admit they color and will happily tell you where. I am never insulted by the question as I seldom go for something that's natural (I am a natural blonde, just not this light). I always go for something quirky or real light, like it is now.

My stylist has a six-eight week wait for an appt. She's already booked for December because of Christmas. This is the kind of person you want. I've been going to her for six years ... I've even moved, but still go back because my daughter goes to college there. Good excuse for visiting every six weeks!!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06