This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

No Support At Home

Ursa Major

rinne Apprentice

Ursula, I am sorry to hear that your daily life is made harder by the lack of support from those you love. A long holiday with your sister sounds like a wonderful plan, you will have a chance to really take care of yourself and return to them renewed and perhaps strong enough to say NO to the kind of abuse you suffer.

When my niece was eight years old she informed me that, "chocolate was too precious to share". (It was Karen's great image that triggered that comment. LOL) Ever since I started using the "Real Salt" and Vitamin C mixture my craving for chocolate has diminished, I'm also sleeping better and have tons of energy. I've heard that the craving for chocolate can be related to a magnesium deficiency, perhaps you already know this as you are very knowledgeable, if you are low perhaps increasing your magnesium would clarify for you the times when it is just purely a treat that you can enjoy and when you need to increase your magnesium.

For me, my weakness is smoking and I know it diminishes my credibility in my family's eyes for sure. I can talk and talk about diet and the need for a healthy diet but when I step outside for a smoke it reveals how much of an idiot I am too. LOL It is easy for them to use my smoking to dismiss what I am saying and yet as I have begun to change and am moving toward health I have had to give up so much of my diet that the few smokes I have a day are my one indulgence.

I hope today is a good day. I apreciate your posts so much, you are a kind person who merits kindness in your life, know that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Ursula, we probably know you more personally than your own family!

I'm glad your naturopath thought it might be adrenal fatigue .... not that I'm glad you have it, but I'm glad you can now have one more piece of the puzzle. You might find you can go back to eating some of the foods that upset you now (not gluten, of course) once you feel better, at least that's what my doc thinks.

You are right, exercise will deplete your adrenal glands. I am just now getting so that I can go to the grocery store without tiring! And I used to work out hard four times a week!! Have you ordered that book yet? I have learned soooo much from it!

I wouldn't say this to just anyone, only because I know your faith. It's in your suffering that you can be most like Christ. As hard as we try to imitate his virtues, we always fall short, but we can suffer just like he did. Remember that when dealing with your husband .... it was the people closest to Christ that made him suffer the most. That puts a value on what you're going through.

Steve, I think her pastor is good friends with her husband, if I remember right. So, even though you are correct, it's not a possibility.

IMResident Newbie
Things at home are getting harder all the time. I have virtually no support in being gluten-free here.

I lost thirty pounds initially after going on the diet, but have gained back ten. I've been 220 lbs now for many months, not losing, but not gaining, either. My husband constantly complains about me not losing any weight (that's all he cares about when it comes to the diet, I am definitely worth less when I'm overweight, in his eyes). He claims that the problem is, that I'm still eating chocolate. He constantly asks me how much chocolate I eat, and that I need to stop eating it to start losing weight again.

Yesterday I saw a naturopath. He said that my bowels aren't healed yet, and I have stopped losing weight because I am still malnourished (he says that one symptom of malnourishment is weight gain). I told my husband that, and his answer was, "Did you tell him about eating chocolate?"

It is upsetting and discouraging, and I'm at my wit's end.

Anyway, I am not sure if any of you can really help me, but I just needed to vent.

Ursula, it sounds like the gluten free diet is causing a lot of conflict with your family, and you mentioned that you are back to where you started from with regards to seeing improvement after going gluten free. Here's what I would do in your situation: I would first evaluate how you feel now and how you felt a year ago before you started the diet, including your relationship with your husband/kids/relatives. If your overall situation and relationship with others around you is worse now than I would get off the diet since it sounds like it's causing more problems than solving , just forget about the glutening symptoms and see how you feel after about 2 weeks.

If you feel worse than get back on diet, but if you feel the same just forget about the whole thing.

It sounds like the real cause of your exahustion is the constant bickering and fights with your family. If this goes on all the time it would make anybody completely stressed out. Getting off the diet would eliminate a great deal of tension with your family, but not all. I would start marriage counselllig with a therapist to ease the tension between you and you husband.

CarlaB Enthusiast

IMRes, I don't think it's any more right for you to get on here and tell people to get off the gluten-free diet because they're just depressed than it was for tailz to tell everyone it was because they had Lyme Disease. Ursula never said she was back to where she started, she only talked about her weight. None of us are on this diet for kicks or because we like it -- we have real reactions to gluten. I'm sorry about your mom, but not all of us are misdiagnosed.

Edit- You are beginning to sound like one of the docs that many of us have suffered through that tell us it's all in our head. That's not going to be very popular around here, nor win anyone to your cause.

AndreaB Contributor

IMRes,

I don't know if you read the whole thread, but Ursula does talk about others in the family that have celiac, or possible celiac. She cannot go off of gluten. Seems to me, that as sick as she was is why she can't eat much in the way of food. She would not be able to function if she went back on the food that makes her sick.

lindalee Enthusiast
Hi Ursula,

Sending you hugs and this:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/1116660/chocolate.gif

;)

Hang in there. What are your plans about leaving. Did you change your mind?

Hugs.

Karen

:D I have a calligraphy in my office---"When all else fails, there's chocolate" :)

Hang in there - Maybe they will come around and realize what you have been trying to accomplish.

sharikay Rookie

Hi Ursula,

You have support here and you can get support at home. Your home is also your castle and if you are the main cook, you can control it by making everything in your kitchen gluten-free. If you start getting complaints from the rest of the household about the quality of the food, direct them to clean up after themselves and be thoughtful of your dietary requirements and they can have glutened food from your kitchen. I have wonderful support in my home and I cannot imagine a family member not wanting what is best for me when it comes to my health. Best wishes on your plight. May God bless your endeavor. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

IMResident, where did I say that the diet doesn't help me feel better? I used to be on codeine 24 hours a day for absolutely horrible fibromyalgia pain, and that only took the edge off, barely allowing me to sort of function. Many days I had to supplement that with extra strength Tylenol. I also was extremely ill for six months last summer with terrible, chronic diarrhea. Which stopped as soon as I stopped eating gluten (and stopped eating the crackers, rice and applesauce my clueless homeopath told me to eat).

On the diet I am on now, I am off ALL painkillers, have no diarrhea any more, or awful stomach aches. My joints function much better, too, my backaches have gone from excruciating to barely noticeable. I just have no energy (yet), and I have jerks for a husband and second-youngest daughter.

So, going back on gluten is NOT an option at all. Both my parents died from liver cancer (11 years apart). Neither drank alcohol, but both had celiac disease symptoms. I'd rather not end up like them.

Carla, yes, I've ordered the book. Thanks for the encouraging words, I appreciate them.

Rinne, I am taking a calcium and magnesium supplement. Which doesn't necessarily mean my magnesium is where it should be, of course.

Sharikay, yes, I am the main cook (if I still have enough energy to cook supper in the afternoon, that is, otherwise my husband will buy some food, but he always buys stuff I can't eat).

Karen, your chocolate picture made me laugh.

Last night, when going into the bathroom (everybody else was sleeping), I had to smile. There was a note attached to the wall, obviously written by Janet to Susie. Janet thinks that I am an awful mother to Susie, spoiling her rotten, and therefore SHE needs to teach her what I won't (she used to spank her behind my back she when she was little, because I didn't........Susie is one of those kids were spanking was completely useless, talking with her about what she did wrong is the only effective way with her).

The note said:

Did you remember to:

-remove your hair off the shower wall?

-remember to close the shower curtain?

-remember to take your clothes out ot the bathroom?

The Management

Well, Susie went to bed after Janet, saw the note, and altered/added to it. She crossed out the word 'management', and wrote above it 'b**ch'.

Then she added underneath:

Did you remember to stop being a controlling prick? Did you remember to find yourself a new place to live, so I don't have to put up with you anymore?

Since it is true, that Janet is just as controlling as my husband, and the two of them try to control Susie's and my every move, I left it right there for Janet to find in the morning (she was the first one in the bathroom, as she has to be at work very early). Because it said exactly what I was thinking, but can't say to Janet, because it isn't exactly kind. But hey, teenagers aren't necessarily kind to their sisters (and what's Janet's excuse? She is supposed to be 'grown up').

Of course, it was gone when I went to the bathroom, Janet would have taken it down. But I memorized what it said last night.

jennyj Collaborator

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine what you are going through and my heart aches for you. You have a group of people here who can help give you strentgh. As far as chocolate goes, I love dark chocolate and when I want it I want it. Having celiac and other intolerances we have to give up so many things I feel if it doesn't make me sick I am not giving it up. Sometimes in life we just have to remove ourselves from a situation and look at it from afar to see if it is worth it, maybe you just need some Ursula time, which I feel you deserve.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Do I understand this correctly, Ursula? Susie is your daughter and Janet is your mother-in-law? And all three of you are under the same roof with your (expletive deleted) husband?

Is there any way you can just maintain a very low profile? Do what you need to keep yourself healthy, but try to stay under the radar--clean everything late at night or early in the morning so you're not in everybody's faces with it, buy yourself a cheap knife and cutting board and keep somewhere where it's not convenient for Them, eat only your own food, be as friendly to Them as you can, etc? Try to avoid conflict as much as is humanly possible, even though you are right and They are wrong. You'll never convince Them that They are wrong--but WE on this board all know and support you! So don't waste the energy trying to convince them.

It seems to me that everybody is using your health issues as a focus for their nastiness, and uniting with each other so that they don't have to admit their own faults and problems. If it could be possible for you to just stay in the background, and don't give them ammunition to lash out at you (such as asking them to do anything for you, like cleaning up their gluteny messes) , then I bet that they will turn to lashing out at each other instead of you. In fact, it sounds like they already have. That takes the focus off of YOU.

I know, in most normal (whatever that is) families, you would NEVER have to avoid asking for common courtesy and thoughtfulness from your own family. But you've been dealt a rotten deal, and you can't fix Them. It sounds like some of Them simply have to hurt someone--let's hope that if you can stay out of Their way, They will hurt each other instead of you. Maybe then They might learn something...

IMresident, you're not off to a very good start as a physician if you are giving Ursula advice like that without having read her history, not to mention just her recent posts! You are totally putting words into her mouth, misreading what she wrote so clearly, and either you weren't able to figure out what kind of people she has to deal with, or you just have lousy psych/diagnostic skills at this point. Yes, there are problems in her household--but the stress is caused NOT BY HER NEED TO NOT POISON HERSELF WITH GLUTEN, but by the inhumane way her relatives are treating her.

Suggesting counseling works if you have 2 equal partners in a marriage, not if you have 1 bully and 1 victim. You really ought to have been able to discern by her leading post in this thread that she is dealing with a bully (more than 1, actually).

Would you suggest to a victim of physical domestic abuse that she drag her husband to counseling? Obviously not--that would just result in upping the abuse. The same rules apply to emotional abuse.

The rest of us are trying to suggest ways she can survive there until she is able to get out. If you had bothered to loook at her signature, you would understand that suggesting that she go back on gluten is like suggesting that someone severely allergic to peanuts consume them anyway, and shut up about their discomfort to keep the peace in the house.

I truly think you were trying to help--but you've got to see what a slap in the face your effort turned out to be, even though your intentions were good.

Perhaps an apology would be in order?

AndreaB Contributor

Alison,

Janet is Ursula's second youngest dauhgter. She's the one in the house along with Ursula, husband and youngest daughter Susie.

Rusla Enthusiast
Ursula, it sounds like the gluten free diet is causing a lot of conflict with your family, and you mentioned that you are back to where you started from with regards to seeing improvement after going gluten free. Here's what I would do in your situation: I would first evaluate how you feel now and how you felt a year ago before you started the diet, including your relationship with your husband/kids/relatives. If your overall situation and relationship with others around you is worse now than I would get off the diet since it sounds like it's causing more problems than solving , just forget about the glutening symptoms and see how you feel after about 2 weeks.

If you feel worse than get back on diet, but if you feel the same just forget about the whole thing.

It sounds like the real cause of your exahustion is the constant bickering and fights with your family. If this goes on all the time it would make anybody completely stressed out. Getting off the diet would eliminate a great deal of tension with your family, but not all. I would start marriage counselllig with a therapist to ease the tension between you and you husband.

So you are actually telling Ursula to go out and deliberately do more extensive health damage to her body because her family is a pack of self-centred, inconsiderate boobs. Why would someone ever come up with what you just did when her health is at stake. Her husband and kids show her no consideration. If they won't listen on Celiac then what makes you think that marrow- head of a husband of hers will go to counseling. You NEVER tell someone to do harm to their health.

As for bratty daughter who just moved home, Ursula, tell her she now has to pay up or get her ingrate butt out the door. Tell her to move in with her freaking boyfriend.

I feel like going down there and slapping your family for you. Your husband is a control freak and has turned your youngest into the same kind monsters.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Ursula,

I've been reading, and everyone else (well, almost everyone--the advice to ditch the gluten-free diet to keep the peace was the exception) has given you great advice. I feel so badly that your own home is not the safe, comfortable haven that you deserve.

How dare these people--family, no less, treat you this way. Since you can't change another person, the next best thing will be if you can go and spend time with your sister in Germany. I think being away from the situation will be good for you in terms of your health and mental well-being--but also to give you a different perspective. Perhaps when you are not living under all of this pressure anymore, you'll find it easier to make decisions about a more permanent break.

You are in my thoughts--I hope you can find some peace very soon. :)

hineini Enthusiast

I don't know what the rules are on this board but IMHO people should not be able to give others such dangerous medical advice here. That someone who is supposedly a medical student would do so is quite alarming. Advising a celiac to eat gluten? That is just too risky. A celiac who eats gluten is risking everything from vitamin malabsorption to dehydration to (possibly) GI cancers. And remember that while Ursula might read this and think "he's a jerk, I will listen to my body rather than to this random guy on the internet who doesn't believe in celiac disease"... There may be newly diagnosed people on here who actually believe IMResident's terrible, dangerous advice (esp since he's supposedly a "medical professional"). Are there any mods willing to put their foot down about this?

Nantzie Collaborator

IMRes - Now really... Would you tell that to someone with diabetes? People who are first diagnosed with diabetes, or other chronic, life-altering issues often go through problems with their family because it's an adjustment for the whole family. So just because a person's family isn't adjusting to it, and the ill person is planting their feet and standing up just for their own basic health, a diabetic should throw away their glucose monitor and insulin so the other people aren't irritated or inconvenienced?

I don't believe you really think that that's true.

Nancy

Alison,

Janet is Ursula's second youngest dauhgter. She's the one in the house along with Ursula, husband and youngest daughter Susie.

Oops. :rolleyes: Thanks for the clarification.

It sounds like the real cause of your exahustion is the constant bickering and fights with your family. If this goes on all the time it would make anybody completely stressed out.

In IMResident's defense, he DOES have a point here--he just missed that Ursula's illness/diet is not the cause of the bickering. Ursula's family might be using it as their (shoddy) excuse for their horrendous behavior, but that doesn't make it the real cause. If she had perfect health, they would think of something else to pick on.

Let's bring religion back into it! Ursula, I've decided that what you need is a Jewish mother who would fuss over you, make you chicken soup from scratch (with a Kosher chicken!), and scream bloody murder if anybody brought a molecule of gluten over the doorstep! :P

gfp Enthusiast
Let's bring religion back into it! Ursula, I've decided that what you need is a Jewish mother who would fuss over you, make you chicken soup from scratch (with a Kosher chicken!), and scream bloody murder if anybody brought a molecule of gluten over the doorstep! :P

Hey wait... I might not deserve it like Ursula but that sure sounds nice to me... but at my age I'm not going to have that op :o ahem....

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'll take one of those, too! ;) I actually did make chicken soup from scratch this week, just enjoyed another bowl!

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Hi Ursula,

I've been reading, and everyone else (well, almost everyone--the advice to ditch the gluten-free diet to keep the peace was the exception) has given you great advice. I feel so badly that your own home is not the safe, comfortable haven that you deserve.

How dare these people--family, no less, treat you this way. Since you can't change another person, the next best thing will be if you can go and spend time with your sister in Germany. I think being away from the situation will be good for you in terms of your health and mental well-being--but also to give you a different perspective. Perhaps when you are not living under all of this pressure anymore, you'll find it easier to make decisions about a more permanent break.

You are in my thoughts--I hope you can find some peace very soon. :)

Ursula, I agree with this completely. It would also give them a chance to realize how much you do for them. I would make that a real long visit if I could.

Ursa Major Collaborator
In IMResident's defense, he DOES have a point here--he just missed that Ursula's illness/diet is not the cause of the bickering. Ursula's family might be using it as their (shoddy) excuse for their horrendous behavior, but that doesn't make it the real cause. If she had perfect health, they would think of something else to pick on.

Well said (and I'll take the Jewish mother any time, sounds good to me). I was being abused by my husband throughout our whole marriage, the celiac disease just brings another dimension to it. Janet has been difficult for me to deal with all along, she is too much like her dad, self-centered and controlling (even though most people outside this family thinks she is a perfect angel, but then, that's what people think about my husband, too).

She has always been extremely jealous of Susie (who came along when she was six), and that hasn't changed. So, she tries to make Susie's life miserable most of the time. Just the other day, when Ken finally gave Susie her backpay in allowance (unless she nags him continuously for days, he will 'forget' it, as in saving money), which by now was worth over a hundred dollars. He wouldn't give it all to her, but enough to buy a couple of sweaters and a belt when I took her to the mall.

When Susie showed the stuff to Janet, she immediately asked her, where she got the money (as if it's her business, really). When Susie told her that their dad finally gave her the back allowance, Janet claimed, that she saw him give it to her already a while ago! Which I know isn't true. Susie explained that she only saw her arguing with their dad, and he agreed to pay it. But then Susie (who is a scatterbrain) forgot to collect it! I agreed with Susie, and Janet just said, "You guys make me sick". In fact, every time Susie gets anything, she'll say something like that.

She got stuff too, when she was 14, of course. I always made sure the kids looked nice and had what they needed, even if I had to fight for days with their dad about their needs, and getting his permission to spend the money (which has always been awfully stressful). But of course, she has conveniently forgotten about that. She just sees what Susie gets now, and she wants it, too.

For the record, I've tried marriage counseling with my husband, and it's useless. Since he seriously thinks he is perfect, and I am the problem, he goes to help the counselor fix me. Which makes things worse, not better. But I go to ongoing counseling myself, just to be able to cope. Otherwise I'd go over the edge.....I better not talk about what would happen then. And it isn't that I might harm others.......that is not within me to do.

Susie really is a kind soul. I was out this afternoon, and when I got back, I saw a note on the wall across from the front door, saying 'Mom and Dad, don't read this note to Janet', pointing to a note peeking out behind a picture frame. I could just make out that it is an apology about what she wrote under Janet's note last night. She is the type of person who can't live with herself after being unkind, and will apologize sooner or later.

All her friends (including a boy who is 18) go to her with their problems, because she is a good listener, and is compassionate and kind. It really hurts me to see a sweet kid like her being treated like garbage by her older sister, and her dad wanting to control her every move.

I met with a friend this afternoon (she is also the pastor's wife), who suggested that her, her husband, my husband and I need to get together (we've done it before, any difference it made was temporary) to get my husband to see how abusive he is. And to let him know that it is imperative for Janet to move out. She has the money to afford that, she has a full-time management job at a very large potato farm, and a part-time job as a freelance photographer for our local newspaper. I know she is trying to save money for a down payment on a house she and her boyfriend want to buy for when they get married (and Rusla, they are Christians and won't just live together before being married, he sleeps in our basement when he is here, while she sleeps in her room upstairs). But with them both working full time, they should be able to afford a modest house by next spring anyway, even if she has to pay rent.

Guest AutumnE

I cant imagine living in that enviroment. :(

I know how hard it would be to leave especially with your medical problems but is there anyway you could move out for awhile with susie? Are you on disability where you can bring in some income? I am new here so I dont know the extent of abusive behavior he has shown to you but for your mental health and your daughter's you really need to get away. As bad as susie is treated I bet she would be fine leaving too.

You are a beautiful, special, wonderful soul here. It hurts me to read that without therapy you might do something to yourself, your daughter susie needs you to be here desperately. You are the only one for her to turn to. Do what you need to do to get yourself where you need to be. With him being so controlling and abusive, no help will change things.

If you are truly thinking about leaving him get your affairs in order. Pull money out of the bank at least enough for rent with security deposit and get your own account and a few weeks of grocery money, take it out a little at a time if needed so he wouldnt be wise to it. Get a credit card in your name only so you will have it to fall back on till you get settled.

He may seem like not the type of person to do that but desperate people do alot of things that they wouldnt normally do. And trust me he will be desperate, his emotional punching bag will not be there anymore for him to abuse and he will be forced to see those things in himself.

I know how it is with children and when you dont work outside of the home. I dont know if this would be possible in your mind to do this. I understand the fear you must be feeling of the unknown. If you need help in getting things together go to a battered women's shelter. Im sure they are use to what needs to be done before you leave if he decides to make it difficult.

I never give advice like this, I always say to stick it out and try. But you have and if he is not willing or wanting to change, you cant do anything more. Dont be afraid of what family or friends will think either, You are doing this for your daughter and most importantly yourself. He doesnt put you first so please dont put him there either.

I know firsthand about jealous sister's, heck mine would get jealous about me being sick growing up because less attention for her :blink:

If you are truly thinking about leaving him get your affairs in order. Pull money out of the bank at least enough for rent with security deposit and get your own account and a few weeks of grocery money, take it out a little at a time if needed so he wouldnt be wise to it. Get a credit card in your name only so you will have it to fall back on till you get settled.

This is really, really good advice. Even if you can earn a little money babysitting, or selling gluten-free home-baked goods--save it in a new Ursula-only account that Ken does not have access to. And sign up for a new credit card (again, only with your name on it) so that you can have that, too if you need it.

hineini Enthusiast

Hey, I have a real Jewish mother and she doesn't cook anything except spaghetti! My dad's the cook in my family ;-P

I personally think stress, depression and anxiety play a role bigger than we even know when it comes to health stuff. It could well be a trigger for gluten intolerance and celiac disease, it's certainly a trigger for all kinds of other legitimate physiological illnesses from IBS to fibromyalgia to asthma. So of course things like abuse, family dysfunction, etc will affect our physical wellbeing... That doesn't mean it's "all in our head."

Sure, I have no doubt there are people on this board who ARE paranoid... Because being so constantly sick from eating means that as soon as we hear of a diagnosis that makes sense we want to cling to it, and we're so scared to put anything in our mouths that might make us feel like crap again... And I bet there are people here who don't really have celiac disease, people who are hypochondriacs, etc. But the fact is, all of us are here because eating gluten makes us sick. So to suggest that eating gluten could fix our problems, or that couples counseling will cure our intestinal ills, is ludicrous. That said, Ursula, when I read your story all I can think to tell you is that in my non-professional opinion you need a) a vacation and B) therapy (ideally couples counseling, but if not that, then individual therapy). I'm so sorry things are so rough, it sounds like you need more of a support system than you have.

Chicken soup would be SO good right now - I'm getting over bronchitis. Bah.

jesscarmel Enthusiast

Hi Ursula

I dont really have any good advice right now cause my heads all crazy, but i am thinking of you and hope things work out! everyone gave really good advice, well except for the doctor guy.

Jess

Kat-Kat Newbie

Things have to vent don't they You were so nice and wonderful when I first found this place. I hate to hear what they are saying to you sometimes family think that can push you upward when they do that to you. They have not a clue of what you go through I have meet people that have celiacs but not like I do. not everyong has it the same way and it don't dobthe same thing to people at the same age. But it is REAL and it can kill it can make you brain do things that can not be on done. It does things to your body that can not be undone. I the people they know have it and at there age it is not bad well I say great for them but. You know Me and I have SEIZURES from GLUTENS I can not touch it or SMELL IT! I can not go where then bake donuts or bread If I do I have a SEIZURE that means I fall over and shake and bite my tongue bleed and pee all over myself . Now That is something you need be careful of. I it get you that bad and it can because your body will get tired of you do what it don't like to it.

Oh yeh I like MY chocolate and I don't care if you don't like my size I have been this way more than half my life I have been told My body thinks it is starving because I can not digest food and give it what it need so it holds on to fat for safety. When the Doctor found out what was happening he said I will lose and stop and then lose and stop untill it get a hold on what is going on. I have 3 members of my family that has been the same way one is now around 400 lbs. she will go around the house for days and eat nothing but peanut butter. They dont know what to do for her if we lived in a large city and good doctors something could be done but we don't. She also don't have the money to go to a large city. So well that is that say.

I think you being safe is what you should do you have you to take care of! You have already taken care of them they may find out the hard way. You will lose because you are now knowing what to do.

You are worth a mill and I met you here and think you are great. I read the things you try to help folks just like you and that is worth more than a million. you are useing what you know to keep others from pain and sadness.

Infromation is what will keep us going and healthy my Doctor told me to go on lind and read everything I could. Find out what kinds of foods will help me what kinds want. I am getting somewhere and that makes me happy. I am not haveing daily deizures and keeping my family upset.

The one good thing about the seizures is that is how they found out why I had to be put in a hospital about every two years from being sick to my stomach for days. from childhood up.

Oh I have gone off well

You know this I think you are great.

Archived