Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isabella

Replacing Cooking Items

Hi everyone...

Last year I bought a wonderful toaster oven -broiler which I just LOVE!. So I would not have to replace it, I found a replacement wire rack $14 for the oven on the internet. This oven is terrific because it is large enough to bake/broil a regular sized pan for when I need to cook something for myself separate from everyone else's dinner, but large enough to handle meals for my family of 6. Quite expensive, i took the plunge to purchase it and have no regrets! The model number is Cuisinart LOB-165.

Now I may enjoy my gluten free toasts without so much hassle!

Enjoy!

Isabella

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That sounds SO nice. I've been thinking about getting a toaster oven again. We had a big one when I was growing up, and by the time that one finally bit the dust, all of them were only big enough to toast two slices of bread and not cook much of anything. What's the use in that?

I just looked at the Cuisinart site and found the model you were talking about. They're showing a chicken in there! Is that realistic as far as size goes? I'd love a toaster oven big enough to do something like that.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

I have the cuisinart toaster oven and yes, you can roast a chicken in there. The chicken needs to go on the bottom rack, and I have found that it needs to be under 4 pounds to fit. Here's a neat trick i do to make sure it fits and cooks nicely:

Take a strong pair of kitchen scissors and cut out the backbone of the chicken. then flatten out the chicken a little. I usually cook a chicken this size using the roasting and grilling tray for about an hour.

Oh...and to prevent the drippings from smoking up the oven...I cut potatoes into thick slices, toss in a bit of oil and salt, and place them at the bottom of the roasting tray, under the grilling tray while the chicken roasts ontop. The drippings come off the chicken and coat the potatoes. the potatoes catch the drippings so that they don't smoke and spatter. And at the end, you can eat the potatoes which will be all golden and crispy.

Yum.