This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Toothpast, Dental Floss, Dill Pickles ;o)

Yenni

Yenni Enthusiast

I wonder if there are any toothpasts or dental flosses that have gluten in them/on them?

Or all they all safe?

Also, does anyone know of any dill pickles that are gluten free?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guhlia Rising Star

Crest toothpaste is gluten free. I know there is at least one that's not, maybe Sensodyne??? I'm not positive. Oral-B will NOT gaurantee that their products are gluten free, so I personally stear clear. As for pickels, I know there are safe ones, but I can't think of brand names right now.

Yenni Enthusiast

I find it so hard to stay clear of Gluten. I haven't done this more than 4 months but I feel gluten is hidden in so much stuff it isn't even funny.

Okay, so Crest is safe.

I might have been glutened myself with toothpast too so far.. :huh:

Thanks for the reply!

I get canker sores sometimes and try to use toothpast without the sulfates. I guess I should stop using the Rembrandts one then (Oral-B brand).

There is another one but I don't know the name now...

I will get back on that.

Thanks again. :)

LKelly8 Rookie

Last I heard Vlasic, Claussen and Mt. Olive are all gluten-free - except Mt. Olive's hot dog relish, sweet India relish and sugar free gherkins.

Colgate will not guarantee gluten-free. <_<

I emailed Rembrandts but since their website isn't even up an running yet I have no idea if/when they'll respond. Do you still have the box the toothpaste came in? If it has a 1-800# that would be the quickest way to be absolutely sure. :D

Yenni Enthusiast

Thanks!

I'll go for a crest toothpast for now.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I have read before that Sensodyne may not be gluten-free. But I've never looked into it.

Colgate will not guarantee gluten-free.
Really? Where did you hear about that? That's what I'm using now! :o
tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

I know that AIM toothpaste is gluten-free, but don't know much more . . . . !!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LKelly8 Rookie
I have read before that Sensodyne may not be gluten-free. But I've never looked into it.

{Colgate not gluten-free}

Really? Where did you hear about that? That's what I'm using now! :o

From the new Delphi list - I was horrified. :o I loved Colgate Total and Softsoap!

"Colgate (ve=04/18/06) We do not

intentionally add gluten to the following Colgate

Palmolive products. However, we cannot

guarantee that the ingredients used are not

exposed to any glutens.

Afta Shave products, all variants

Cashmere Bouquet Bar Soap

Colgate Toothpaste, all variants

Colgate Shave Creams, all variants

Colgate Simply White Clear Whitening Gel, all

variants

Crystal Clean Stick Deodorant, all variants

Fluorigard Rinse

Gel-Kam Home Care Gel

Irish Spring Bar Soap, all variants

Lady Speed Stick Deodorants and

Antiperspirants, all variants

Mennen Speed Stick Deodorants and

Orabase Paste and Orabase Gel

Orabase Soothe-N-Seal

PALMOLIVE Bar Soaps, all variants

Peroxyl Gel and Peroxyl Rinse

Phos-Flur Rinse

Platinum Toothpaste

Prevident Gel

Softsoap Liquid Soap, all variants

Softsoap Body Washes, all variants

TOTAL Floss

Ultra brite Toothpaste, all variants

Viadent Rinse

Viadent Toothpaste"

Carriefaith Enthusiast
From the new Delphi list - I was horrified. ohmy.gif I loved Colgate Total and Softsoap!

exposed to any glutens.

Afta Shave products, all variants

Cashmere Bouquet Bar Soap

Colgate Toothpaste, all variants

Colgate Shave Creams, all variants

Colgate Simply White Clear Whitening Gel, all

variants

Crystal Clean Stick Deodorant, all variants

Fluorigard Rinse

Gel-Kam Home Care Gel

Irish Spring Bar Soap, all variants

Lady Speed Stick Deodorants and

Mennen Speed Stick Deodorants and

Orabase Paste and Orabase Gel

Orabase Soothe-N-Seal

PALMOLIVE Bar Soaps, all variants

Peroxyl Gel and Peroxyl Rinse

Phos-Flur Rinse

Platinum Toothpaste

Prevident Gel

Softsoap Liquid Soap, all variants

Softsoap Body Washes, all variants

TOTAL Floss

Ultra brite Toothpaste, all variants

Viadent Rinse

Viadent Toothpaste"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That could explain a few things. I'm going to change to Crest Tommorrow. Thanks for the info. Has anyone noticed a problem?

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Thanks for that list. I also think it may explain a lot. I didnt know Palmolive might not be gluten free. That is what I am using now! darn it. I was using Crest. Anyone know about Aqua Fresh?? We just bought it the other day and its all I have now.

Guhlia Rising Star

I think I remember reading that Aquafresh is safe, I've used it with no problems, but I didn't used to be very sensitive, so... Who knows... I would call the number on the tube.

LKelly8 Rookie
Thanks for that list. I also think it may explain a lot. I didnt know Palmolive might not be gluten free. That is what I am using now! darn it. I was using Crest. Anyone know about Aqua Fresh?? We just bought it the other day and its all I have now.

Yes, it's on the new Delphi list -

Aquafresh (Open Original Shared Link)

(vw=2/24/06)

“Aquafresh® toothpaste does not contain

gluten.”

Lillyth Explorer
Also, does anyone know of any dill pickles that are gluten free?

Thanks!

Bubbies

amber-rose Contributor

I'm using Crest with no problems. But I might have had a reaction to Aquafresh. But now it might just be the vitamins I'm talking (Centrum mulitvitamin, anyone know if they are gluten-free?), so now I don't know if it was the toothpaste or the vitamins or both. :unsure:

jnclelland Contributor

From the new Delphi list - I was horrified. :o I loved Colgate Total and Softsoap!

exposed to any glutens.

(snip list)

I can't help but notice that Palmolive dish soap is not on this list. Does that mean that it's NOT gluten-free and they know it?

Jeanne

lovegrov Collaborator

"However, we cannot guarantee that the ingredients used are not exposed to any glutens."

Folks this is your standard CYA. And think about it for a minute, what mainstream company can you name that actually GUARANTEES something is gluten-free? They can't unless they control every single step of the process for every single ingredient. Even then something could happen. There are no guarantees.

When you see statement like the one from Colgate, the product is absolutely safe unless somewhere an ingredient is accidentally contaminated. This is the same chance you take any time you eat or use a processed product. You take a much higher chance if you eat out.

Toothpaste is pretty much universally gluten-free. It's just not something to be concerned about.

"I can't help but notice that Palmolive dish soap is not on this list. Does that mean that it's NOT gluten-free and they know it?"

No, it most likely means nobody called Palmolive specifically before this list came out. The list is done completely by volunteers and there's no effort to call every company about every product.

I've never heard of a dish soap that has gluten.

richard

Guest nini

I've been using Colgate since I was a kid. I'm not switching. I agree this is a CYA response. They just don't really know what gluten is imho... any time you use a processed prepackaged product you run the risk of cc even slight. I doubt seriously that toothpaste is an issue here.

Yenni Enthusiast

Gosh, I didn't think of checking the dish soap too. <_<

Thaqnks for the list and all the replies!

• 3 weeks later...
Yenni Enthusiast

I think this must be the first time in years I am not getting any canker sores in my mouth while using a sulfate containing tooth paste. :) Maybe it was the gluten.

oceangirl Collaborator
I think this must be the first time in years I am not getting any canker sores in my mouth while using a sulfate containing tooth paste. :) Maybe it was the gluten.

Tom's of Maine is gluten-free and has all natural ingredients. Their dental floss as well. Seventh Generation dish soap is great, though a bit pricey, and it is not petroleum- based so much better for the environment.

lisa

Archived