Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evie

My Experience With Being Gluten Free

Thank you evie for sharing and Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary.

Your post gave me an important lesson. See, sometimes I feel that I no longer should be posting saying "Do this, you will feel so much better", because in actual truth, I wouldn't know because everything I have done so far has had no effect in improving my particular situation. But your post reminded me that just by the fact that I am here giving people good advice is what is important, and to be a reminder of what happens to our bodies if we are not diagnosed for decades OR refuse to take this diet seriously. I have to live with the consequences now of misdiagnosis (officially diagnosed now a refractory celiac sprue), but that doesn't diminish the importance of my contribution in any way, I can see that now...... I once thought that I would just be a "downer" and just a reminder that things aren't always "happy, glory, all is well now" once you go gluten free. But your post made me realize that my experience is just another dimension of this forum.

Hugs to you!

Karen

Evie,

Hope you had a great birthday!!! As someone who is still struggling for answers, it is encouraging to see a positive post. Happy to hear you are doing so well!

xoxo, Laura

Evie, the ddog just about killed me, you're taking the dear everything to the next level, I think. :D:blink::ph34r:

I am glad you had a good time!

Ursula, you are right!! :) but that's the way I am, exuberant when I am happy!! :P He is a Good, giant dog, they have coached him well!! DOG, dd and hubby got off travelling back to Wyo. about 8:30 this am and we are doing wash and getting back to normal to quiet house. I just set up appt. to see Dr. for WHY my feet are swelling so much even on meds. will also get back MRI and an echogram tues., so that will be a full day. you see when i have a problem I TRY to get to the bottom of it, most of us do one way or another. We Celiacs are survivor types!! ;). have good day all and THX for chiming in with BD's and other helpful messages + encouraging all!! I think that REAlly helps all. :):P:lol::D evie

Happy birthday, Evie! And--we have the same birthday!

Also wanted to let you know that, pretty much because of you, Nini, and Lynne, I have been gluten-free since finding this board in January--even though I have no diagnosis, just a really high IgG (which the dermatologist said meant nothing, even though I had a positive dietary response) on top of Hashimotos's and GERD. I have lost over 20 pounds of fat, several inches of bloating, been reminded what normal poops actually looked like (hadn't seen them in a couple of years), and eaten healthier than ever before (since I make everything from scratch now).

You guys have probably saved me from multiple autoimmune disorders, and have definitely saved my kids from countless tummy aches (they will get blood tests next week).

From the bottom of my heart--thank you!

Fiddle; Happy Birthday to you, belated!! :) How old are you or do you tell? :rolleyes: I am soo happy to be alive @ this age, have had more than one close call :), but just feel God has a plan for me and always has had. I am to help others as much as I can, even if it is only a phone call or email message. Our girls are very much like that too and hubby used to do volunteer work when he was healthier. He still does his kind deeds when occasion strikes ;). We are catching up with wash on GREAT, sunny, fall day but think it is time for me to read paper & get my swollen feet up!! :( . you have a great day!! I am so glad I have been a bit of help to you or anyone, I know your answers will come and I am still working on mine. Tests and Dr. appt. tues and go back to GI early Oct. :) evie