Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tori's Dad

Glutened My Daughter Tonight! :-(

My 5 year old was diagnosed in May and I think we have only glutened her one other time when we were traveling in Boston. Anyway, we had a music/entertainment festival downtown today so we made a family trip. We got Kettle Corn (popcorn) and a lemonade as they are usually ok. Well, within 5 minutes her tummy started to hurt and about 20 minutes later she threw up in the car on the way home.

She seemed to feel much better after throwing up so hopefully the effects won't linger long. This was the first time she has thrown up so we must have poisened her pretty bad. :(

Another lesson learned the hard way....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm sorry. :(

Maybe by throwing it up she won't have any lingering effects.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Don't feel too bad, you didn't know. My chiropractor says, ,Vomiting is not a sign of illness, but proves that your immune system works, by rejecting poison immediately and tossing it'. So, it's a good thing Tori vomited, because hopefully she'll be fine by tomorrow.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep. It's a learning process.

I totally would have thought Kettle Corn and Lemonade would be safe too.

Hope she feels better tomorrow.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb