Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rutland

E Coli From Tainted Spinach Or Celiac

I am feeling very frusterated because a few weeks ago after being gluten-free for 2mos. I saw a tremendous improvement in my health. My energy was coming back and my spirits lifted. But Ive had a set back and Im almost positive that its not because of being glutened.

I first noticed that I felt really bad after my herbalist gave me liquid chlorophyll which triggered a detoxification process in my body. It made me feel tired, extremely agitated, and I had muscle and joint pain. Well during this time I had dinner at my boyfriends, (still felt lousy) and we went out and bought a few steaks, sweet potatoe, and BAGGED SPINACH!!!!!!! That night I woke up at 3:30 in the morning with the cold sweats, later my boyfriend tells me that he woke up at the same time but with severe cramping and diarrhea. Hes been violently sick with D all week. But I havent had any D I have been feeling exhausted, depressed, muscle aches and pain, occasional bouts of nausea and back pain.

My boyfriend is convinced that he got infected with e coli. But everything Ive read about e coli is that the incubation period is 3-5 days, so how would it be that both of us would get this sick overnight?

Im so concerned about possible kidney failure that could accompany e coli, Ive been having bad back pain. Im just soooooo bummed because I made such progress. I dont know what to make of this.

Does anyone get severe back pain with celiac, is anyone knowledgeable about e coli? I could use some insight.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi

Im not really sure what to tell you but what i heard is that diarreha is bloody when its ecoli. that is what the article i read said, but who know if thats always the case. do you still have d now? if it continues, i would see a dr. also, i know stomach flus are going around big time over in boston not sure if all over the place. the kids i work with have been having vomitting and diareha.

i hope you feel better!!

Jess

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

Under these circumstances a trip to the doctor or to the ER would be what I would advise if he has been violently ill for this length of time. At the very least he may need rehydration. Make sure they check you out also. I know salmonella has a 3 to 5 day incubation period but I am not sure that is the case with e coli. I would get to a doctor to be sure as soon as you can.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Guest nini

I had e coli last year, not fun... was really run down and ill... go to the Dr. and get them to test you for e coli...

If he thinks that he may have it then he needs to go get help from an ER immediately. That is not something to mess with and hopefully it is not.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com