This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Catch Y'all Later.

penguin

penguin Community Regular

Just letting you all (that care) know that I'm leaving the board, for now anyway. I just feel that in the last several weeks, the board has moved from a place of support to a place of radicalism. It seems like every other thread is something about a conspiracy, a looming threat, or some evil substance that's killing us all. Sorry, but I'm over it.

This board no longer seems to be a place where the newly diagnosed or the people that suspect celiac disease can come to get information and support and reccomendations. I understand that many people have other health problems, other intolerances, whatever. I understand the need for support from others on these issues, but I see more posts on more threads that have nothing to do with gluten, or even celiac disease and gluten intolerance. Call me crazy, but I'm just so annoyed by it.

So, saying that, I bid you all adieu. I'm leaving, at least for now. I wish you all well.

Chelsea

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VydorScope Proficient

I really wish I could disagree with you, but I agree on the direction the board has gone latly. :(

Hopefully I'll see ya around some place... :(

jerseyangel Proficient

Chelsea,

I'm sorry to hear this. But, you feel what you feel...

I wish you luck with everything, and hope that you drop back by sometime.

It was nice to meet you and compare notes on the 'Cuse!

Guest nini

hate to see ya go but why do ya think I've been so scarce around here lately. Just don't have the time to deal with all this controversy.

if anyone needs my help I'm here, just pm me anytime...

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I kinda agree. But I still find this board keeps me informed about any changes that may happen (like with the Coca Puffs), so I stick around and basically just ignore any of the posts that don't interest me.

Sorry to see you go, but I understand.

Guest ~jules~
I kinda agree. But I still find this board keeps me informed about any changes that may happen (like with the Coca Puffs), so I stick around and basically just ignore any of the posts that don't interest me.

Sorry to see you go, but I understand.

well, I agree. I'm a fairly newbie, this site has helped me alot, but there is alot of trippy stuff going on in here that i just choose to ignore, as with most "group" sites that kind of stuff always happens eventually. Penguin, so you know you have answered some of my questions very helpfully, as with many others here. Take care, enjoy your break ;)

marciab Enthusiast

Sorry to hear you are leaving. And I look forward to seeing you here again. You are always so funny. :)

Marcia

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guhlia Rising Star

Chelsea, you always gave such great support and advice. I'll really miss seeing you around. I hope that you'll come back sooner rather than later.

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Chelsea -- I am so sorry to see you leave. You have been such a source of comfort, of information, and a friend. My initial reaction is to say "Please don't leave" . . . . but then, again, the reason you are leaving is EXACTLY why I left months ago. I think that it is so sad that the good people end up leaving, the rabble-rousers stay, and we're left with a somewhat "shell" of a forum. I understand your reasons for leaving, and actually support them . . . . but I am so sorry that you are leaving. I will be keeping in touch with you through e-mail. Love and hugs to you, Lynne

AndreaB Contributor

Chelsea,

I am sorry to see you go and hope you will check in now and then. :(

I always enjoyed your input. I too have been cutting back time, but due to other reasons. I agree there have been threads lately, and comments etc that have taken from the quality of the board. I assume from reading Lynne's post that this must be a cyclical nature.

HUGS,

Lisa Mentor

Chelsea: Oh know, this is forbidden. You can't fink out on us now. You were one of my first contacts.

You have sooooo much to offer. Just think about when you were first DX, and where did you go? There are 10'sx10's everyday that wake up and asked themselves "what is wrong with me"? Walk away from the chat room, but don't walk away from the people who can learn from your Knowledge.

We are a small few. Please continue to share you knowledge. There are some lives that depend on that knowlege.

Lisa :)

Rikki Tikki Explorer
Just letting you all (that care) know that I'm leaving the board, for now anyway. I just feel that in the last several weeks, the board has moved from a place of support to a place of radicalism. It seems like every other thread is something about a conspiracy, a looming threat, or some evil substance that's killing us all. Sorry, but I'm over it.

This board no longer seems to be a place where the newly diagnosed or the people that suspect celiac disease can come to get information and support and reccomendations. I understand that many people have other health problems, other intolerances, whatever. I understand the need for support from others on these issues, but I see more posts on more threads that have nothing to do with gluten, or even celiac disease and gluten intolerance. Call me crazy, but I'm just so annoyed by it.

So, saying that, I bid you all adieu. I'm leaving, at least for now. I wish you all well.

Chelsea

What happened? Did I miss something? I guess I did but what was it? I wish you would stick around, you know talk things through?

happygirl Collaborator

Chelsea--

I will be sorry to see you go as well. But, I don't blame you. I think there needs to be a re-focus of the board. I hope that you'll be back....we need to make sure that those with experience stick around to offer REAL, EDUCATED knowledge to newbies. That's why I'm still here...to provide info that I wish I had known originally. I agree with Jillian....I'm trying to just stay out of some convos....not even reading them. Maybe that will help? Either way, hope all is well .... xoxo

Laura

Guest Robbin

Yes, penguin, stay. We can all then pick the whole issue apart, in excrutiating detail, piece-by-piece, analyze it, fuss over, till it lasts a gadzillion pages, and then talk about ticks.

VydorScope Proficient

Yea I check like 2 or 3 threads a day anymore...mot of which like this one are not even related to celiac disease. :( I am hoping site turns back around. I do not even bother with question about symptons anymore, beucase just useless non-related conspiarcy therioes in reply.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

I hope you'll stay--I'll miss you if you don't! BTW--I forgot to thank you for your delicious ranch chicken recipe. It sounded so good, I made it with tilapia (since that was what we had and I was too impatient to wait to buy chicken the next day) and it was wonderful! I told the kids it was fish sticks ane they gobbled them down.

Matilda Enthusiast

Felidae Enthusiast

I know I'm not on here that much, but I really like reading your advice to others and to myself. You have been very helpful and I wish you wouldn't leave. But I do understand where you are coming from and your reasons for leaving.

mouse Enthusiast

I hope Chelsea that you change your mind. But, if you don't I do understand. I really do not post much any more as I just don't want to argue about things with anyone. There are newer people that are sometimes giving out the wrong information and I just don't have the energy to correct them. I guess I count on informed members like you to make the difference. This forum seems to evolve every few months into something different, then when I joined. In the beginning I learned so much each and every day. I still learn things, just not as often.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

:( It will be a shame to see you go.

I always enjoyed your posts-well informed and articulate,with a great sense of humour!! :lol:

Take care ;)

debmidge Rising Star

Please reconsider ...you're one of the members of the board who has as lot to offer...board threads will have unusual topics and responses and unless it's damaging information there' s nothing that can be done about that. I think all of us pick and choose which threads we participate in and if the thread deteriorates we can always skip it and go onto another area.

Leaving will only give in to the chaos.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I also am sorry to see you go and hope that you will reconsider or that you will at least check back now and then to add your knowledge and compassion. As with any community we don't always agree on some things and some are more vocal than others when expressing a disagreement. And as with any community we can not make you stay if you are ready to move on. But you will be missed.

jesscarmel Enthusiast

I will miss you penguin. you were so kind to reach out to me when i was so sad.

i hope you continue to do well !

Jess

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Chelsea-You've been a great positive resource of knowledge and compassion.

you will be greatly missed. respect your decison but hope you will return in the near future.

hugs and support

judy in philly

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Yes, penguin, stay. We can all then pick the whole issue apart, in excrutiating detail, piece-by-piece, analyze it, fuss over, till it lasts a gadzillion pages, and then talk about ticks.

:lol::lol::lol: this is the funniest thing ever....a big guffaw here...

but tempered by the fact that Penguin is leaing. :( Please don't go....you are SO quick with the wit and an astute answer. Will miss you. Come back.

Archived