This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gfp-what Is Going On?

Guest Robbin

Guest Robbin

B)B) BBBBBAAAAADDDDD BOY is different than bad man, lol. My whole "forum universe" has been tilted, I had thought he was a combination of Marlon Brando in "Wild One" and Batman. (Not Michael Keaton batman, Val Kilmer batman). I will adjust, maybe he is Johnny Cash bad. Slightly bad, but nice. :ph34r:

Hmmm, do you own a black leather biker jacket and a beatnik hat?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2kids4me Contributor

its probably too late and your girlfriend has seen the kitchen...but you could say that you were momentarily distracted by a photo of her and got lost in thought about how beautiful she was ..then poof the oil caught on fire :D

or you could tell her you were conductinga science experiment.......... :rolleyes:

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hey PyroSteve!

You can't fool us - you're just a cuddly teddy bear underneath that gruff exterior!

Karen

gfp Enthusiast
wow. instant celebrity--- what's your thoughts on this Steve???? You gain no large paycheck. no real fame & no royalities, so it must just be your charm & wit... Enjoy your fame as I think we all are fickle & it will be onto something else soon....keep posting,venting is good for the soul......

mamaw

I'm all for it .. I mean all publicity is good publicity?

I figured I'd let it run even after mouse probably summed it up best in the second post.

I don't always say things the best way because of many reasons ... I do have work to do between posts for instance ... but also because sometimes a thread needs a good hard shake too. (and my glutened personality sometimes fights through as well)

But its nice to know I have friends who forgive me; because that's what friends do... I don't wanna single anyone out and miss people but its nice when someone says "we don't always agree BUT ...." because that is what friends are there for.

its probably too late and your girlfriend has seen the kitchen...

Lucky she was understanding - I left a pot of chicken stock on last week and went to meet her and forgot and we had charcoal smoke in the appt and neighbours knocking when we got back!

She also sliced her hand on the parma ham slicer at work ... by being distracted so she was more concerned I wasn't hurt.

even if his new hair is a touch...mullettish..
ouch :unsure:

Hmmm, do you own a black leather biker jacket and a beatnik hat?

I've got the jacket ... but not really a biker one.... My friend John, lecturer, poet and ex-lawyer does but then he actualy is a 'real beatnik' in every sense of the word.

eKatherine Rookie

ouch :unsure:

Open Original Shared Link

debmidge Rising Star

Steve: Love your informative posts. Always have.

Hope your fire wasn't too bad.

Grrrrrr! Just typed out a really long post and hit submit and lost it! Will try this again!

Steve, I don't think your hair looks "mulletish" at all. To me, it looks more like the intellectual university professor type cut......

I hope you didn't take offence to me calling you PyroSteve. I try to find humour in all situations...... as you can tell from my signature! LOL!

Years ago, my dad, who owns a farm just west of Toronto, was burning some leaves/shrubs/brush. He doused it with gasoline, and had a "not too bright" moment. He lit it before he put the gas can down. The subsequent explosion put him in the Wellesley Burn Unit for over 3 months with 3rd degree burns over 40% of his body. He flatlined twice in the first two days. We definitely thought we were going to lose him.

Once he recovered enough to know that he eventually was going to pull through, but had a long, hard battle ahead of him, I decided he needed a bit of humour. I went to K-Mart (this was when we still had those, we don't anymore......) and they had one of those "Create Your Own Card" machines. This obviously was before today's day and age of computer software! I picked the card that started with "Sorry to hear __________________" and you typed in the rest. I typed "Sorry to Hear that you got Blown Up". Needless to say, it was the first time since the accident that he really laughed. To this day, he says that on the particular day I had brought him that card, he was having a really painful day and just wanted it to all end and my card made him turn the corner and gave him renewed strength.

Just a footnote: He has fully recovered, and in true Newfie fashion, has turned a disaster into a plus. See, his skin and complexion now look at least 10 years younger than it did before the accident. We still tease him about his "poor man's plastic surgery".........

Hugs.

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini
I picked the card that started with "Sorry to hear __________________" and you typed in the rest. I typed "Sorry to Hear that you got Blown Up". Needless to say, it was the first time since the accident that he really laughed.

OMG!!! you should have put a warning here! I was sucking in through a straw on my smoothie and I about snorted it through my nose when I read this!!! LOL!

That is the funniest card I think I've ever heard of, glad he ended up being ok and had a good sense of humor about your card! You are a trip!

My mom did something to me when I had to have a frontal craniotomy as a teenager (brain surgery)... they cut me from ear to ear and left me with a bald head and a incision that looked like frankenstein... My mom bought me a pair of Zipper earrings to wear and told me to tell people who looked at me funny that I could unzip my head anytime I wanted to... Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

mouse Enthusiast

Nini, your Mother has to be a real trip. How lucky you are.

OOPS - don't want to hijack this thread as Scott needs to read it.

OMG!!! you should have put a warning here! I was sucking in through a straw on my smoothie and I about snorted it through my nose when I read this!!! LOL!

That is the funniest card I think I've ever heard of, glad he ended up being ok and had a good sense of humor about your card! You are a trip!

My mom did something to me when I had to have a frontal craniotomy as a teenager (brain surgery)... they cut me from ear to ear and left me with a bald head and a incision that looked like frankenstein... My mom bought me a pair of Zipper earrings to wear and told me to tell people who looked at me funny that I could unzip my head anytime I wanted to... Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

Your mom and me sound like kindred spirits!!!! LOL! Gotta luv it!

Hugs.

Karen

VydorScope Proficient
But its nice to know I have friends who forgive me; because that's what friends do... I don't wanna single anyone out and miss people but its nice when someone says "we don't always agree BUT ...." because that is what friends are there for.

In the course of most of our days, most ppl we meet in our daily offline lives will tend to agree with us over all... after it is normally simular likes/tastes/etc that draw ppl. On a forum like this one where the "comon factor" that brings us together is unrelated (for the most part) to personal tastes, and instead is a heath issue, we tend to come face to face with a lot more drastic differences of opinions/beliefs/etc. I personally feel that is a very healthy thing, esle a person tends to stop thinking, and growing...

Thats just my take on it. :D

CarlaB Enthusiast
In the course of most of our days, most ppl we meet in our daily offline lives will tend to agree with us over all... after it is normally simular likes/tastes/etc that draw ppl. On a forum like this one where the "comon factor" that brings us together is unrelated (for the most part) to personal tastes, and instead is a heath issue, we tend to come face to face with a lot more drastic differences of opinions/beliefs/etc. I personally feel that is a very healthy thing, esle a person tends to stop thinking, and growing...

Thats just my take on it. :D

I think you're right. I also play the flute and experience this same type thing through music where the only thing many of us have in common is that we play in the same musical group. I found music to be a healthy addition to my life where I could meet people who are very different than I am. Most of my other circles are people with similar faith and ideas to my own.

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Hijacking thread a bit to comment on Nini & CdnKaren's posts.

When Walker was about 4 or 5 months old we spent a few days in Calgary (we'd been living in Edmonton) and our niece Riana, 8 at the time, was very concerned because she couldn't find Walker's soft spot. She asked me where it was, and I shrugged and said that I didn't really go around feeling his head and I was sure it was no big deal. She proceeded to have every adult at the party to feel his head, and I was so paranoid that at his next check up I mentioned it to the doctor. She couldn't find it either and arranged for an X-ray to make sure that it hadn't "fused" together (or whatever they call it) too early or his head would grow all crooked and he'd need a special helmet or else surgery.

Now we mention all the time: Remember when you were a baby and had your head examined and they couldn't find a thing?

He always insists that they found a brain.

elye Community Regular

Another brief hijack...

I was looking more constructively at your haircut, gfp, and it's true, it is not a great example of a classic mullet, but it just needs mussing up, or brushing back of the bangs. Yes, that's it...if we brushed back your hair so we could see your forehead completely--stupendous. ;)

If we begin another thread on hair, we will HAVE to mention Timothy's incredible locks. Vincent, every time you post I am transfixed by your boy's unbelievable hair!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I picked the card that started with "Sorry to hear __________________" and you typed in the rest. I typed "Sorry to Hear that you got Blown Up". Needless to say, it was the first time since the accident that he really laughed.

:lol::lol:

Thats hilarious Karen!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Another brief hijack...

I was looking more constructively at your haircut, gfp, and it's true, it is not a great example of a classic mullet, but it just needs mussing up, or brushing back of the bangs. Yes, that's it...if we brushed back your hair so we could see your forehead completely--stupendous. ;)

If we begin another thread on hair, we will HAVE to mention Timothy's incredible locks. Vincent, every time you post I am transfixed by your boy's unbelievable hair!

That's what we've all been telling him! I'm sure he's messed it up by now, but we just haven't seen a picture. BTW, I started a hair thread so we wouldn't hijack this one ... go ahead and mention that red hair there!!

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Oh for Pete's sake . . . . it is NOT a mullet. . . . you want to see a Mullett?????? Come to Kentucky. Enough said.

Oh for Pete's sake . . . . it is NOT a mullet. . . . you want to see a Mullett?????? Come to Kentucky. Enough said.

Is it mandatory in Kentucky to have a mullet, just as it is to have a pick-up in the front yard?

RUNNING AND DUCKING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta stop watched Jeff Foxworthy! :P:D

Wuv ya,

Karen

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

{Sigh}I really need to go do my PT exercises, but I'm having such fun lurking here. Besides, it's hard to hold a good stretch when you're falling on the floor laughing... :P

VydorScope Proficient

Bah... chcek out my website to see a real mans mullet :D

Open Original Shared Link

Now THAT is an ubermullet! If you ever change your screen name, that's gotta be your new name!

We still love ya, Vincent!

Hugs.

Karen

Nantzie Collaborator

You guys have got me laughing so hard I've got tears rolling. Between the Sorry you got blown up card, to the zipper earring, and now the mullet-o-rama, I'm laughing my booty off here.

Did you guys ever notice that the word mullet never appeared anywhere until "they" decided that they were out of style?

Nancy

Guest ~jules~

LMAO!!!! Okay that mullet has to go! Oh and yah it does seem they didn't have a name until they went out of style, weird :blink: Sheesh back in the day (high school 4 me) everyone had a mullet and it wasn't a big deal, lol, now since billy ray cyrus took it way too far its a big hair cut no-no! Oh how funny.... :D

debmidge Rising Star

I still can't figure out what is so wrong about mullets....

Vincent, your's is the most extreme I've ever seen...

Then there's the mullets that are more balanced between top and bottom of head.

Mullets seem like a "compromise" hair style and that sounds like a good thing. Who exactly decided that mullets were "out" of style? Who makes up the rules?

I have family members who for the past 20+ years have been wearing the hairstyle where you cut your hair about 2 inches long and do a "poodle" perm to the whole head. Hasn't this style been "out" for a lot of years, but yet I don't hear a hue and cry over this. Obviously it's a convenient hair style for them. Gee, now if they only shaped it into a design....like trimmed hedges..or even a Mohawk.......

Well,

Live and let live.

VydorScope Proficient

:D

I kind of jsut ended up with a mullet. I did cut it once whenI took a job as a manager at office depot. That was umm 1999 or so.... My MIL who does not like long hair on men (of course!) said about me with short hair "Its just not you!" heheh

BTW- The job was a easy, but pay was crumy, not realy worthy of a hair cut! :lol:

Archived