This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gfp-what Is Going On?

Guest Robbin

Guest ~jules~
But wait . . . according to all the teen magazines on the racks at the checkout, feathered hair is back IN. Farrah Fawcett, you're in style again (especially since she basically never changed it)!!!!!

Okay, I just have to chime in here. Yep the feathers are back! I am not of that generation, I'm generation X, that grew up. I yes occasionally feather my layers, Its back and people are luvin it! OMG! just the other day I saw a girl walking down the street who had "leggings" under a mini skirt, with a horizontally striped shirt! Okay heck no! The 80's need to stay in the 80's!!! I just think back to wham, and maddona. Lol...And I must say back when I was in jr. high and high school, the deal was to have your bangs as high up as you could get them with aqua net? Anyone remember this? You could have had a really good ski-jump with alot of air off of my bangs in the 9th grade!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

My little sister had that! We had this fountain here . . . it was in the middle of the river, and it made a Fleur de Lis shape. . . We used to call that hairstyle the Louisville Falls Fountain 'do! It was AWFUL. I have some really "blackmail ready" pics of my sister with that hairstyle. ICK!

gfp Enthusiast

uggghhhh ROTISERIE chicken.... uggghhh

:(

and and to that bar restrooms with no loo roll!

jerseyangel Proficient
uggghhhh ROTISERIE chicken.... uggghhh

:(

and and to that bar restrooms with no loo roll!

So, the chicken was not a good idea after all.... :(

"Loo roll" :D sounds nicer, somehow than "toilet paper" :lol: But sorry it wasn't there when you needed it--that's adding insult to injury!

Hope you're better today :)

VydorScope Proficient
Alert! I have recently seen a few women (not men yet, thank gawd) sporting the feathered-back look again. Horrors. Actually, aren't mullet-haired guys often married to women who have the perpetually feathered-back, blonde 'do? I think so...you guys from Alberta? Southern States?

No, to all your questions. When I started my current hair style I was single living in NJ. My wife now has very long straight brown all one lenght. Used to be longer, but she donated 10 or 12 inches to Lock of Love.. its still like 3/4ths the way down her back though. She plans to donate more again.

jerseyangel Proficient
No, to all your questions. When I started my current hair style I was single living in NJ. My wife now has very long straight brown all one lenght. Used to be longer, but she donated 10 or 12 inches to Lock of Love.. its still like 3/4ths the way down her back though. She plans to donate more again.

Wow--Kristi's hair sounds beautiful! I wish mine would grow that fast :D

VydorScope Proficient
Wow--Kristi's hair sounds beautiful! I wish mine would grow that fast :D

Fast? Try a more then a dozen years. It is like anything else, unless you put the time/effort in, you wont get the results. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gfp Enthusiast
So, the chicken was not a good idea after all.... :(

"Loo roll" :D sounds nicer, somehow than "toilet paper" :lol: But sorry it wasn't there when you needed it--that's adding insult to injury!

Hope you're better today :)

luckily my girlfriend has tissues in her handbag.... but I still had to call through a bar to get someone to tell her to pass me tissues.... HOW embarassing is that?

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Reminds me of about 5 years ago, I was in the washroom at work. It was in an office building that you have a washroom with about 7 stalls to service the whole floor. I was in there and was in such a rush to go (what else is new..... <_< ) that I didn't even look for toilet paper before I sat down. Well, lo and behold, there wasn't any left in there. What did I do? I whipped out my cell phone and called one of the girls in my office to come down the hall and hand me some! Hey, worked for me! :lol:

Hugs.

Karen

jerseyangel Proficient
luckily my girlfriend has tissues in her handbag.... but I still had to call through a bar to get someone to tell her to pass me tissues.... HOW embarassing is that?

Yep--tissues! I *never* go out without them in my purse. Saved my butt more than once. Sorry, couldn't resist :lol::ph34r:

TriticusToxicum Explorer

In my younger days I worked for a land surveyor. I worked outside year round, in good weather and bad. Now mind you this was waaaaay before I was diagnosed, so it hadn't yet occurred to me to carry a couple of tissues with me into the great outdoors. On this particular day, in the middle of January, I was struck with the urge in the middle of the woods, with about 18" of snow covering the ground. I did quite a dance to get my snowshoes off, dig a quick cat hole and peel off the 3 layers of clothing between me and relief. I didn't have time to plan for "the paperwork"...So I'm out there *ss hanging in the chilly wind wondering how I'm gonna freshen up. I checked my pockets, and cam up with a couple of lint balls, no tissues. I contemplated sacrificing a glove, but it was cold enough that I didn't want to end up sacrificing my finger later in the day. I finally made the decision to "powder" :huh: myself clean. I thought I was prepared for how cold that snow was going to be- :blink: but believe me, there area places that you DO NOT WANT FROSTBITTEN!

From that day on I always carried a handful of tissue with me. :o

CarlaB Enthusiast
Okay, I just have to chime in here. Yep the feathers are back! I am not of that generation, I'm generation X, that grew up. I yes occasionally feather my layers, Its back and people are luvin it! OMG! just the other day I saw a girl walking down the street who had "leggings" under a mini skirt, with a horizontally striped shirt! Okay heck no! The 80's need to stay in the 80's!!! I just think back to wham, and maddona. Lol...And I must say back when I was in jr. high and high school, the deal was to have your bangs as high up as you could get them with aqua net? Anyone remember this? You could have had a really good ski-jump with alot of air off of my bangs in the 9th grade!

Yea, I loved that hairstyle, but mine was a much tamer, shorter on top version. We lived in LA at the time, some girls hair was standing so high I'd hate to be behind them in the movie theater!!! :lol:

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, Steve, laughing at your expense!! :lol::lol::lol:

OMGosh! I don't want to quote everyone, but my eyes are watering this is so funny!!!

eleep Enthusiast

I live in a huge university town with a plethora of fashion-conscious sorority girls -- which tends to skew my sense of style at times (as I discover whenever I actually leave to go up North). Anyway, I swore I wasn't going to do any 80's fashion again, but I actually found myself trying on a pair of leggings the other day under an item of clothing that was too long to be a tunic and too short to be a dress (it was this gorgeous embroidered kimono-type top -- not in my size, however).

Just narrowly escaped buying the leggings, but I'm starting to wonder how long I'll hold out?

CarlaB Enthusiast
I live in a huge university town with a plethora of fashion-conscious sorority girls -- which tends to skew my sense of style at times (as I discover whenever I actually leave to go up North). Anyway, I swore I wasn't going to do any 80's fashion again, but I actually found myself trying on a pair of leggings the other day under an item of clothing that was too long to be a tunic and too short to be a dress (it was this gorgeous embroidered kimono-type top -- not in my size, however).

Just narrowly escaped buying the leggings, but I'm starting to wonder how long I'll hold out?

I'm with you there. I don't really like how they wore it in the 80's, but some of the ways they're showing today are actually cute. Have to be careful though, I think the look with the short denim mini and leggin's isn't meant for those over 40, even if they're fit enough for it!! But some of the other looks, I think I can get away with.

I've already bought my "skinny" jeans. One benefit to being this thin is that's a style not everyone can (read should) wear. If they add 10 pounds to my look, which is fine, I hate to think what it'll do to the non-celiac general public!

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Just make sur that you get the XXXXL shirt (with some phrase in 10" block letters on it - ala WHAM!) and an extra wide belt to match. If you're gonna do it, go whole hog! See above on appropriate hair. :P

elye Community Regular

Man, spandex leggings got me through both pregnancies, and they were very passe by then (mid-nineties). Just threw a huge, long sweater or blouse over them, and I was good to go. What a practical outfit that was...great for PMS or glutening bloat and/or sudden weight gain. Let's start a collective rally to bring leggings with big tops back!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Man, spandex leggings got me through both pregnancies, and they were very passe by then (mid-nineties). Just threw a huge, long sweater or blouse over them, and I was good to go. What a practical outfit that was...great for PMS or glutening bloat and/or sudden weight gain. Let's start a collective rally to bring leggings with big tops back!

Now that George Michael and Elton John have ended their feud, maybe George has some free time? He could be your spokesman? He could also advise on how to get that perfect feathered look too! :lol:

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Triticus Toxicum -- I was specifically told to go to this thread to read what you had posted -- that you are bust-a-gut funny! Well, I wasn't misled!

Steve . . . . . well, what can I say. You certainly have "the goods" to have someone ask your girlfriend for tissues. You have my utmost respect. Not going to say any more.

Man, I love you guys!!!!!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Triticus Toxicum -- I was specifically told to go to this thread to read what you had posted -- that you are bust-a-gut funny! Well, I wasn't misled!

Man, I love you guys!!!!!

Did Alfred ( <_< ) PM you? :o:blink:

He's my hero. :rolleyes:

I hope you're laughing at the Hair/80's stuff and not the "powder clean" post...because THAT WASN'T FUNNY <_<:huh::blink::unsure::P:D

CarlaB Enthusiast

No, Richard, it's the powder clean we're laughing at!! :lol::lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
No, Richard, it's the powder clean we're laughing at!! :lol::lol:

I would've kill for a quick sit in your sauna that day!

They say the mind functions better at lower temperatures...not for me apparently...

CarlaB Enthusiast

It's only funny because we can all picture ourselves in that place ... and I don't know which would be worse, that or Steve's place with no TP in a pub!! In Steve's place, I'd have used my cell phone to call for tp though.

When I was sick and we didn't know what it was, we were supposed to take a hot air balloon ride. It never worked out though. I have no idea what I would have done if nature called in that situation! Back then, if I didn't eat, I was okay, so I guess I would have just skipped food for a while!

elye Community Regular

Just the thought of having to...um...use snow for that purpose is making my bum crinkle. You know, like that feeling when you peer over a ledge at a thousand-foot drop? Bum-crinkling. I dunno how else to describe that. :lol::lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
It's only funny because we can all picture ourselves in that place ... and I don't know which would be worse, that or Steve's place with no TP in a pub!! In Steve's place, I'd have used my cell phone to call for tp though.

When I was sick and we didn't know what it was, we were supposed to take a hot air balloon ride. It never worked out though. I have no idea what I would have done if nature called in that situation! Back then, if I didn't eat, I was okay, so I guess I would have just skipped food for a while!

I would rather have been where I was. I'm not big on public restrooms. That is another thread (a long one).

Your ballooning story brought to mind a book that my 4yo borrowed from the library "The Flight of the Dodo"- mind you HER MOTHER helped pick it out. It is about a penguin who is moinding his own business one day when *splat* a goose poops on him (This is a children's book! No wonder things are the way they are) he and his assorted flightless friends decide to take back the sky...They rig up a ballon type thing get airbourne and promptly get caught in a storm. Needing rescue (hold on I'm getting to my point) Penguin spots the flock of geese on the ground, and signals them the only way he knows how. He launches a well aimed bit of penguin paste. The Geese are startled and come to investigate, save the day yada yada.

My point is...scratches his head...it's not a bad skill to have? :blink::o:ph34r:

Click here to get your copy: <a href="Open Original Shared Link .com/Flight-Dodo-Peter-Brown/dp/0316110388/sr=8-1/qid=1159213787/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-4269762-6966514?ie=UTF8&s=books" target="external ugc nofollow">Open Original Shared Link .com/Flight-Dodo-Peter-Br...TF8&s=books</a>

Happy Monday. :P

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yea, I can just picture it, the celiac with her butt hanging over the edge of a balloon! :lol:

Archived