Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

All-time Favorite Gluten Free Cookbooks

Okay, I am interested in picking up a few more gluten free cookbooks/baking books. I am an excellent cook, so the difficulty level is not a concern. I do have one toddler in the house, so books should contain toddler friendly food as well as other recipes. I already have the following:

Gluten Free Baking Classics by Annalise Roberts

Gluten Free Family Favorites by Susan Cornelius Hinderaker

The Gluten Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy by Bette Hagman (my second favorite)

The Gluten Free Gourmet by Bette Hagman

Incredible Edible Gluten Free Food For Kids by Sheri L. Sanderson (my personal favorite)

I would really like to hear about YOUR favorite cookbooks, what you like about them, favorite recipes, etc... Please, only specialty cookbook recommendations, I have tons of regular cookbooks that I can adapt recipes from. I'm really only interested in specialty gluten free cookbooks (or even gluten free/casein free cookbooks).

Thanks in advance!!! I'm hoping to buy anywhere from 2-10 new cookbooks, so fire away!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I like bette hagman's books, and i also have printed just about enough recipes to make a book from the recipe websites allrecipes.com and epicurious.com Just do a wheat free or gluten free search :) they're great!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

I have Wheat Free Menus & Recipes by Carol Fenster. A girlfriend from work found it on her book club order form and ordered it for me as a surprise. (Very thoughtful!)

I use it for Lemon Chicken, teriyaki sauce, cookies and a few others. I tried the bagels, but they were a disaster. I am not a great cook nor a great baker...I don't enjoy it and I think it showsin the taste tests. I am however the main cook/baker in the house so too bad for everyone else :P .

Maybe check it out of the library to see if it interests you. She also has a website with some recipes posted on it. http://www.savorypalate.com

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

I am borrowing Carol Fenster's Cooking Free cookbook from the library. I've tried a cake recipe in there that I liked and there are several others that look really good. It has alternatives to gluten, dairy, eggs and sugar. I am going to renew it so that I can try some others that look good. I'll probably buy this one too.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

I use the Food Network website (www.foodnetwork.com). I find many things there that are easily adaptable. I never thought I would see the day when my laptop is sitting on the kitchen counter in place of a cookbook. :P

Tracy

- Dx by Derm with DH in Oct 2005 - both by bloodwork and skin biopsy.

- Dx with celiac disease in Nov 2005 by biopsy of small intestine.

- gluten-free since Oct 2005

The Gluten Free Kicthen by Roben Ryberg is simple and the results are tasty.

The 125 Best Gluten-Free Recipes has a ciabatta recipe that is my favorite gluten-free bread. Actually smells like bread when cooking. Also doesn't fall apart as readily as most gluten-free breads.

richard

Any by Donna Washburn/Heather Butt .... I own 2 of there cookbooks, and I make more recipes out of both of them than any others!

But theres also "The Gluten Free Gourmet" ones, which has versions of regular/great meals that a person wouldnt think is possible to re-make gluten-free!

~lisa~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Guest melannen

The Everything Gluten-Free Cookbook by: Rick Marx & Nancy T. Maar - has quite a variety to suit all ages and tastes!